Servicing

Fireman Lee

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whilst on the phone to my local dealership to book my '07 GSA in for the brake recall, i enquired about a service. I was in formed that i only need an oil and filter change and was quoted £148:eek: But for this amount they told me that a technician would test ride my bike for me to make sure it is running right:blast I can tell them that for nowt!! Can anyone point me in the right in direction for a reliable service and any ideas of prices? I live in Ashton under Lyne so it would have to be in the North West.
Cheers,
Lee.:thumb2

Spend 25 quid on some good oil and £6 on a filter tool. Buy a filter (can't remember how much they are... maybe £5-10) and jobs done! Should take all of 10 minutes.

Cheers Canuck, I have no doubt that I could do it myself but that doesn't get a stamp in my service book, I like to keep all of my vehicles serviced and books stamped and upto date, i think it helps clear any confusion when i come to sell them. Aswell as keeping the genuine people in business.
Lee.:thumb2

Totally agree with Canuck. Why pay a fortune to get a simple job like that done? If, as you imply the main reason is the eventual sales price, it seems to me that you will end up paying more than you are likely to earn that way!

Back
Top Bottom