"Challenging" off road ride.

Is it a Pogo ride:confused:?

It think the best description is a "Dual sport" ride :D

Provided we don't get to much rain over the next few days it should be quite rideable on a GS, but it will be more enoyable on something a little smaller.

Out and out enduro bikes aren't perfect either, unless you have very plush suspension and a comfy seat :D, but i'll try and tailor the route on the day depending on conditions/group size/ability ect.

Sunday showed the 'plain to be incredibly dusty, so i'm planning on keeping us down amongst the trees for most of it, where it will be cooler to ride and should have clearer visability.

That said the return leg will cover some of the better routes on the 'plain:D.

I might even find a ford to cross :D

Nathan

Right, the bike's fairly sorted so went out for a few hours this afternoon on a trial run. I'd almost forgotten how much fun it is:)...and how loud:eek:

See you all there:thumb

918864765_J8iAQ-XL.jpg

918866571_mLdsP-XL.jpg

It's looking mighty tall chap :augie

Ride update!

Driving across salisbury plain this morning, there was a healthy amount of rain falling!

This is supposed to clear to a good weekend (sunshine!), so it sounds like we are having just enough rain to settle the dust and leave a few puddles for the dirty bike contest!

Bring it on!

I'm not prepped for this ride yet and I've got other stuff to do tonight. A few questions:

• Where is the car park that the ride is departing from (map link??)
  • How far are we going?
  • How far to the first fuel stop (dunno how much is in my bike)?
  • Is a 10.00hrs ride-off confirmed?
  • Who should I put my money on for the tennis and/or football?

That's it really

Greg

I rode with this group last year on my 1200 GSA, just go and stand in the carpark of the rugby club next to the sign that says Hardcore ride out, first you will wonder why everone else is going in the other groups:eek, then the loonies on pogo`s will appear. Good fun group, and they wont leave you stranded in the big deep holes:blast, (sorry lads)
be prepared for some long distance though. Take plenty of drink.
Good group, id ride again this year, but i fancied playing on the plain this year.

I'm not prepped for this ride yet and I've got other stuff to do tonight. A few questions:

• Where is the car park that the ride is departing from (map link??)
  • How far are we going?
  • How far to the first fuel stop (dunno how much is in my bike)?
  • Is a 10.00hrs ride-off confirmed?
  • Who should I put my money on for the tennis and/or football?

That's it really

Greg

Car park- it's the one you'll ride across to get into the rugby field where the camping is. can't miss it.

How far? expect somewhere between 100-130 miles, depending on how the day goes, bike trouble experienced ect...

First fuel stop could be weyhill if your desperate (this is only 2-3 miles from the rugby club), i don't plan on doing more than 50 miles between fuel stops.

10.00am start is confirmed :)

Football/tennis? thats easy! Valentino Rossi :D

Good fun group, and they wont leave you stranded in the big deep holes:blast, (sorry lads)

Those were merely puddles compared to the "bog" i had in mind for ensuring success at the muddy bike competiton, however, we ran out of time:augie, and it is now fenced off (thats how deep it is)- any bigger and it would come under the resevoirs act:D.

Is anyone bringing a 450X this year? if you do please bring your own jump leads :augie

See you all this evening- please keep me away from the beer:rolleyes:!

Nathan

Back
Top Bottom