Trail Ride Tuesday 22nd June

Spout

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
To celebrate my redundancy I'm going to sneek off work for the day (I'm being made redundant and we're dead busy :nenau - well, f*ck 'em :D)

Lets make this a tricky ride, try and get round all the nasties (and I've got a few new trails to stick in ;))

So I guess it's a non GS ride then (unless you want to give it a go :D)

It would be easier for me to sort a route out starting from Marple:

Meeting at 9.30am Texaco Garage/Somerfield in Marple (junction where A626 heads off to Glossop). Map ref SJ955887. SK6 6DQ. Toilets/food/hot drinks available.

But am open to suggestions. And about start time.

Who's up for it?

I Sir, would like some of this action. Just got a new Yamaha R1 and Ive fitted it with a TKC on the front and a Karoo on the Rear. Looking forward to trying the combination out.
:thumb

Do you mind if I come along? I've only ever laned on a 12GSA, but recently got a HUsaberg fe450:D

I definitely fancy it but just need to see how next week pans out for me....

Cheers

......Meeting at 9.30am Texaco Garage/Somerfield in Marple (junction where A626 heads off to Glossop). Map ref SJ955887. SK6 6DQ........

But am open to suggestions. And about start time.

Who's up for it?

Yep, me please with DRZ400E.
Though it sounds a very late start if the RV is 0930hrs!

Timpo.

PS. Can we go up Chapelgate please?

Is everyone happier with an earlier start?
There's a lot of ground to cover, although the final route isn't decided yet.

Bad news Timpo, the tricky section on Chapel Gate aint as tricky as it once was, but good news is Royches is getting tough again (most of the TRF riders last weekend went round :eek:).

Any other route requests? :green gri

Actually, as Steve73 has mentioned it...... this is a pogo ride ain't it?
I'd hate to turn up and you load are on heavyweights then I roll the DRZ out of the van.....;)

Timpo.

Chaps...looking likely I can make Tuesday :thumb, although I gotta drop my daughter off at school, so couldn't make the RV until 9:30.....

I'm not 100% sure as yet, so organise it to suit yourselves. If I can make it, great. If not....:tears

I'm not 100% sure as yet, so organise it to suit yourselves. If I can make it, great. If not....:tears

Keep strong mate:thumb

If I'm not working I'll definately be up for it since I don't need permission:mmmm

Lets make this a tricky ride, try and get round all the nasties (and I've got a few new trails to stick in ;))

Who's up for it?

Hey Spout

Da ya reckon I'd get round the route on the XC ?

If so I'm in.

Any time & RV that suits the majority.

Paul

Any of you chaps coming along way then your more than welcome to crash at my pad for the night.
Local boozer will be very welcoming with Mr Ifan setting the supping benchmark.
I can give you your jumper Tim.:ymca

Just to clarify, this is now a "pogo" only ride, NOT for GSes.

Paul, you should be OK on your XC (bearing in mind, that all those trails you rode and were glad we weren't going the other way on - well, we will be this time :D)

There wont be much mud, but plenty of rock steps, steep inclines (with rock steps :green gri), steep declines (with rock steps :green gri), and rutted sections (with rock steps :green gri).

:thumb

Any of you chaps coming along way then your more than welcome to crash at my pad for the night.
Local boozer will be very welcoming with Mr Ifan setting the supping benchmark.

Sounds good, I'll see how my 650XC prep goes (Red Ball Run 2010) and give you a shout. Please PM me your phone number.:thumb2

There wont be much mud, but plenty of rock steps, steep inclines (with rock steps :green gri), steep declines (with rock steps :green gri), and rutted sections (with rock steps :green gri).

Excellent, I like a rock step........ right Tim!:augie

Timpo

Big night in our local village on Tuesday with lots of fun and games so it will be a great night if you want to crash :thumb2

Spout, I have a mate of mine, Richy, who would enjoy this ride, can he please be added to the list?

Timpo.

So, would an earlier start suit the majority :nenau

Anytime after 6am is fine by me. Suggestions please.

We could perhaps arrange for a second RV at 9.45am for those that can't make an earlier one :nenau

List so far (room for just one more at a pinch):
Spout Alp 4.0 M: 07717 427951
Timpo DRZ
Richy KTM 450
Gary R1 :D
Paul XC650
Stevie Husaberg 450 (9.30am)
Timolgra - to confirm

Back
Top Bottom