Trail Ride Tuesday 22nd June

What a memorable ride, every muscle aches but it's a great feeling.
Thanks Spout, I'll get a few photos up in a while......there seems to be a problem with one of the videos though, strange that.:augie

Here's a few photos from a fantastic day:)

9.30am start - 8pm finish with an hour for lunch.:thumb

910825792_4LS6j-XL.jpg

910829907_wZGsh-XL.jpg

910827541_veyS5-XL.jpg

910831905_sgK9i-XL.jpg

On a day like this I think the Peak's are one of the most beautiful places in the UK:thumb
910839041_dGZvo-XL.jpg

910837126_GZbrd-XL.jpg

910844661_8oyvM-XL.jpg

910847931_MwENa-XL.jpg

There's no way around it...call it a Dog's Breakfast, making a meal of it, a cock up, piss poor performance.... either way, I hold my hands up in shame:D

I've struggled to get my old 250 up that bitch of a lane.

Do you have any challenging footage of a Scouse fellow by any chance?

A brief write up (before I forget where we went):

Riders and bikes: Timpo DRZ, Richy Yam 450, Timolgra Husaberg 510, Paul XC650, Gary DR350, Spout Alp 4.0

Everyone was there for the 9.30 start, so we set off in glorious sunshine (that was to be with us all day) down the Roman Lakes, up Linnet Clough and the Donkey track (The Banks), across the moor at Mellor Cross to five lane ends and onto the tricky little climb out of Rowarth.

We then sped across the tops down to Chinley and up onto Royche Clough. A certain video will show that not everyone got up the step section without stopping.

Although Timpo had requested doing Chapel Gate upwards, I think everyone was pleased we only went down. Still tricky though.

The Edale road took us to Hope’s Cross, with a rocky descent to the Snake Pass and onto a tight gnarly climb past Haggs Farm (Shithill?).

Across the Ladybower Resevoir to Bamford Clough, steep but not as nasty as it has been in the past.

We then rode up Stanage Edge, where Timolgra had a fall (blaming my slow progress in front of him – sorry!). A u turn and back down the Edge allowed us to ride a nice little climb at Callow (should be good in the wet!) and then onto the Foxhouse trail.

We dropped through Grindleford and climbed up a (getting trickier every month) shaley rise onto the Eyam road.

Gary left us after lunch in Eyam. Full bellies headed down Mill Lane and then up the tight Bank and then looped round back into Eyam and out up the curvy The Nook.

The Bretton Moor Loop brought us to Foolow (has been cleaned up for the last few years) and then the trail through the woods down into Great Hucklow and gravel track out of the village.

Road section to Peak Forest took us to the Donkey sanctuary over the quarry, and a drop down into Chapel for fuel.

Paul then left us after Long Lane out of Coombes, and the four remaining dropped down to Fernilee Resevoir and the track through Hoo Moor woods.

Another minor road section took us to Wildboar clough (where I had an attack of arm cramp).

Three Shires was next, with a few tourists enjoying the swimming pool there. Out past Hawks Nest and then the glorious Tenterhills (been repaired, but still fun).

The Hollinsclough BOAT brought us round to the village where Timpos knowledge took us up the best trail of the day. A nasty section of rock steps. I’m sure videos will be posted.

A long tarmac section followed, with only Green Lane at Newhaven to break the monotony, bringing us to Blakemere Lane, and the tight Moorlands Lane.

North of Winster was the lovely wooded Clough Lane (were they ostriches or emus?) and after Darley Dale we headed up Back Lane across Beeley and down into Chatsworth.

The trail out of Edensor took us to a (usually wet and muddy) drop out of Pilsley and then onto Roy Hattersleys favourite trail – Cherpit Lane.

The climb at Monsal Head took us to the A6 and then petrol at Buxton followed by the old road on Long Hill.

A final few trails (NewMills golf club, Broadhurst, back down the Donkey track, and Linnet Clough) brought us back into Marple at 7.30pm

A great 10hrs. Thanks for a superb days riding, I can be happy in my redundancy now.

:thumb

Looks like you had a cracking day!! The lanes look ace...:thumb

When's the next one :D

From www.hollinsclough.org

The Rakes

Immediately to our left, at the side of the Chapel Hall, is another rake. A few hundred yards up it splits into two. The left hand one is called Limer Rake and the right hand is called Swan Rake. These were old packhorse routes but, sadly, the damage from 4x4’s and bikers has made them really hard going to walk so we won’t go up there. Ah well! One man’s pleasure is another man’s misery. (No, they’re not steps, that is vehicle damage.)

More pleasure than misery me thinks!

Another fine day out lead by Spout:thumb2

Though I am wondering if my XC is a bit lardy for many of those lanes we went up (and down ) yesterday. Still, got round most of them OK but bloody ache today from wrestling the bike over all those rocky steps.

I don't think I could of got of some the lanes you went on to do after I left you :bow

Nice one gentlemen - see you next time

Paul

Looks like I'll have to organise another one of these "redundancy rides" :blast

If you do a re run on any that are still open :blast ,let me know your route and I will walk the section cleaning you a path:D
Remember doing all these lanes, one yamaha DT 125,one XT 125 and one Kawasaki KDX 200. All on Chen Shin cheap trail tyres. Riding mate Paul's regular statement , I cleaned that but my feet never touched the pegs, me legs were moving like a rice flails. Look forward to any repeat trail riding antics men.:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom