Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Thank you

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    cheers for a great weekend

the veggie option was great compliments to the chef

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    cheers bakes, becky, andy and everyone else who made it what it was: a great event

cookie

Another top weekend Bakes, Becky and the bakettes - well done!

Good to see many familiar faces - Fanny, Y2K, Cookie, Timolgra, judge, BHT+Lucy, Ash, Beetle, madmountainman, Martin (IAM bloke), battyman, proff, gerry, dave & val, Anna, shugie, Shaun (AA man), Slimbo (getting better on the gob iron)

and really good to meet some new faces, and apologies for forgetting everyone's names within 2 minutes of being told them:
    Mungrel, camped next to me, farted for Britain, shared a few bottles with, talked bollox
    bald bloke with his missus camped the other side of my lad, Martin's tent.
    Kiwi bloke who came on the road ride-out
    Other bloke who came on the rideout and gave Martin a pillion so he's now telling me to sell the Triumph and buy another GS
    The people who on Friday night said "come and have some cheese and crackers" so off I trotted to listen to the banter and enjoy cheese served on a decent R100GS with the ugliest fairing known to mankind

The Hamsters on Friday - just the tops - awesome doesn't do them justice - they were ferkin' brilliant. remembering their guitars with the LED lights as they came into the crowd, swapped guitars as 4 or 5 tossers got on stage playing air guitar - great moment.

Smoke house blues band on Saturday up to their normal standard, Elvis giving it the shakes on the Friday.

As the Hamsters played, several people with the Gateway club went up to the merchandise table to buy DVDs, hats, T-shirts and CDs - they were so pleased with their purchases as they came back - big smiles with "look what I got" - big hearted people and good to have them along.

My son, Martin (11) had a great time, playing with shugie's kids, LMJ (little Miss Judge) and several other children roughly the same age - they made a huge den out of straw on Sunday and both Friday and Saturday night I had to drag him to bed at midnight, him complaining that he needed to stay up longer. He really enjoyed coming on the ride out and it's so good to go to an event which is very family friendly.

I had to leave early on Sunday morning (believe it or not, I sing in a church choir!!!!!!!!) but came back later to pack the tents up.

Top weekend, Top family Burbidges, Top music, Top bunch of tossers - sitting here remembering it with a silly grin on my face - good for the soul - impossible not to have a good time!

phil (aka pint6x, pint7x, whatever......)

I should change this Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Thanks to Bakes & family, Judge & family and all the Dayglo Slaves and other helpers.
    Also thanks to Cal for our trip out on Saturday and to Bill for Jaffa cakes etc.
    Another great weekend with a top bunch of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronno View Post
    Then I remembered. He doesn't ride a GS. Therefore he aint at the sharp end of Dudeness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapping View Post
    'Where there's offence, there's brass'

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Brilliant weekend, first time for me, first bike rally of any kind for the girlfriend. She rode her 125 80 miles each way, first long ride out and she really enjoyed herself.

Must say though, it's turned out to be the most expensive rally I've attended. After all, I now want a sergeant saddle, wide pegs, a set of proper off road gear and seen a couple of farkles that will be wanted eventually. Oh and the girlfriend has fallen in love with the new f650. Yeah, this weekend will cost the two of us about 10 grand all in I reckon.

Great time had, and a particular thank you to the guys who guided the off road rides, that was well scary riding on gravel for the first time, but I'm a bit more used to it now, though my legs still ache from all the standing up.

Yeah, we'll be back.

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Top stuff indeed, i'm sorry I left early on Sunday and missed the talks

Many thanks to everybody whose generous help makes sure this a top notch event year after year

The Hampsters were legend

Shep

What they said................. Cheers everyone.

Great weekend.
    First Hogroast and sticker on my pannier.
    Helped that I went with friends Trev 'Moses' Tucker and his chief mechanic Ceiliah.
    Loads of friendly people willing to stop and chat and pass on advice and the North East contingent taking the piss out of everything, which made standing on the balcony on Friday afternoon very enjoyable.
    Cant wait til the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by pint7x View Post
    The people who on Friday night said "come and have some cheese and crackers" so off I trotted to listen to the banter and enjoy cheese served on a decent R100GS with the ugliest fairing known to mankind
    How rude!!!!!

Bertha may not be a super model, but she's not that ugly. I was actually complimented on her looks by another tosser.

Next time you can eat off the floor

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

What a waste. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Good to see everyone again.

Well done steve and the support team.

Sunday mornings talk on your south american trip was a delight
    All your BMW servicing needs at the .gsshop.biz, including 1200 models

Recommended as an "excellent independant" in Ride magazine 2009.

Gear whore
    Likewise - another top weekend!!

Good mates, great atmosphere, some embarrassing dancing (on both nights!) and miles of outstanding riding

Great to see you all and make some new friends. Looking forward to the next one

He who dies with the most toys... wins!

Thanks for a great weekend nice to see a good turn out and hope you did well for the charity

Eddie

Seems you have disproved a rule.........

Sorry I don't get the chance to go to these events, but it would appear that you can please all of the people all of the time!
    Everything is possible, except perhaps skiing through a revolving door...

Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    How rude!!!!!

Bertha may not be a super model, but she's not that ugly. I was actually complimented on her looks by another tosser.
    oh come on - that fairing with the twin headlights looks as out of place as a boiled egg in a koala bear's arse! mind you - you did say you can now see where you're going, so I do understand 'cos we all know what standard GS headlights are like......

Nice one Steve

Many thanks Bakes, Becky and all others involved for another magic tosser event. Shame I missed Hampsters but I have seen them before so knew what you were in for !! Perfect company and weather - what more do you need ---

Runny eggs and strangers, white lines and unmade beds.
    Quote Originally Posted by pint7x View Post
    I had to leave early on Sunday morning (believe it or not, I sing in a church choir!!!!!!!!) but came back later to pack the tents up.
    Pah! I had to leave to sing in my choir on Saturday evening!
    I'm tired of giving a reason when the future is what we believe in.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast