Lack of ferries from Scotland.

I'm onto it

Sent off a couple of emails. Will visit a couple of places in Leith on Monday. Will post any info as I get it.

No ferries from Scotland

No ferries from Scotland.
Very Strange!
Now, if it was no ferries to Scotland, I could understand it!
Myke

I know it hasn't happened but I thought that Norfolk line was pulling out of Rosyth this year and the route had been sold to DFDS however that never went ahead... It was in the papers alot when it was announced but I've not seen anything else since. T....

Guess what.... Ironically I recieved an email today confirmimg that Norfolk line had been bought out by DFDS so hopefully they will take a look at the pricing structure which is currently ludicrous...

Guess what.... Ironically I recieved an email today confirmimg that Norfolk line had been bought out by DFDS so hopefully they will take a look at the pricing structure which is currently ludicrous...

I wonder if they'll reduce their daily ferries from Newcastle/Ijmuiden and alternate them with a Rosyth/Zeebrugge crossing? Maybe there would be enough demand for both routes but I'd suspect that they might be competing against themselves if they run both routes daily.

I see that they announcement has been made on the Norfolklines website and they have last minute deals showing for the Rosyth crossing (some good ones too). That said, they're really "last minute" (in fact some dates are now past :blast) and putting September dates in the booking form gave me a return price of 1003 Euros for 2 adults and a bike :eek:

Sent a moan-ogram to my MSP about the ferry situation. Just got a note saying he's passed it to Stewart Stephenson.

Did you know, driving from Scotland, Istanbul is closer than Bergan.
Feckin ridiculous.

Sent a moan-ogram to my MSP about the ferry situation. Just got a note saying he's passed it to Stewart Stephenson.

Did you know, driving from Scotland, Istanbul is closer than Bergan.
Feckin ridiculous.

I'll be able to confirm that next month - I'm off to Turkey :JB showing a bit of this :flag

Andy

Just to let you know that DFDS have now taken over the ferry although its still sailing under Norfolk line but some affordable deals now. I'm heading over to Germany in a few weeks using the Rosythe Ferry all for £198 with the bike and it would have been £180 return with bike had I used my Royalties 10% discount. Thats in a reclining chair but I'll bag a cabin when I get onboard. Its saved me a load in Petrol too and allows me to sober up as it doesn't dock until Lunchtime:augie

Just to let you know that DFDS have now taken over the ferry although its still sailing under Norfolk line but some affordable deals now. I'm heading over to Germany in a few weeks using the Rosythe Ferry all for £198 with the bike and it would have been £180 return with bike had I used my Royalties 10% discount. Thats in a reclining chair but I'll bag a cabin when I get onboard. Its saved me a load in Petrol too and allows me to sober up as it doesn't dock until Lunchtime:augie

Nice one, will need to check it out:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom