IMG00032-20100702-2031.jpg

Brum-brrrum!

IMG00035-20100702-2106.jpg

Musical Hamsters...

IMG00036-20100702-2201.jpg

Saturday

DSCF0613.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

After several hours of loin-gurding I set-off on my breakfast run ... alone :( ...however Bakerman had suggested a lovely route to the Popham Little Chef, my favourite part of it being Waltham Lane ( I think) - lovely single-track lane...:clap

Anyway...arrived at my destination:

DSCF0615.jpg

...was seated straight away and ordered an "Olympic Breakfast".

This is what I was served:

IMG00039-20100703-1046.jpg

It was tasty enough, but the sausages could've done with a bit more colour in them...blackpudding was lovely... but it really didn't seem terribly Olympian to me....not at all as I recalled.......and having seen the picture, I've just realised there were no fecking sauteed potatoes...

:mad:

An email to Little Chef is in order, I think.

Anyway - Back to the 'Raost via Sainsbury's for some beer and off with the bike-kit for some serious relaxation...

DSCF0620.jpg

DSCF0619.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0624.jpg

DSCF0621.jpg

Dorty Boik:

DSCF0618.jpg

Loud shirts and Tossers...

DSCF06331.jpg

Hot pig:

DSCF0629.jpg

Sunday

IMG00040-20100704-0701.jpg

Splendid weekend!

Thank you for your company and to Bake's and all those who worked so hard to make a crack(l)ing weekend.

:beerjug:

]

and having seen the picture, I've just realised there were no fecking sauteed potatoes...

:

That's disgusting, hope it didn't ruin your Hogroast and someone's head should roll for such a fundimental cock up.:mad:

Nice breakfast shot by the way:thumb

brings it all back from last year:tears:tears:tears

what a cracking weekend for it:beerjug: bakerman does it again:clap:clap:clap:clap

breakfast run one minute you were there and then you disappeared ended up with the tesco multi friut option for brekkie

did you get deported after yer brekky k?

ya shoulda gone here not far away

chalet.jpg

dacrew.jpg

little chef ffs

That's disgusting, hope it didn't ruin your Hogroast and someone's head should roll for such a fundimental cock up.:mad:

Nice breakfast shot by the way:thumb

Had an email from a nice lady at Little Chef HQ: The 3 restaurants given the Heston Blumenthal treatment, Popham, York and Kettering West do not serve saute potatoes with the Olympic breakfasts ........should've had me reading glasses with me then.

PS: Heston, you twat!

Had an email from a nice lady at Little Chef HQ: The 3 restaurants given the Heston Blumenthal treatment, Popham, York and Kettering West do not serve saute potatoes with the Olympic breakfasts ........should've had me reading glasses with me then.

PS: Heston, you twat!

So seriously Chris, was this in any way 'special' :nenau

It looks pretty bog standard....edible, but nothing special at all.....how did it taste though? was it worth it, and how much was it ?

These are critical questions in tosserdom :)

So seriously Chris, was this in any way 'special' :nenau

It looks pretty bog standard....edible, but nothing special at all.....how did it taste though? was it worth it, and how much was it ?

These are critical questions in tosserdom :)

Nine and a half quid for that and a Diet Coke.

To my palate the sausages, black pudding and bacon were tasty and of good quality.... the mushroom (note singular) was revolting, fortunately you can't really do a bad fried egg

........but we can get a full breakfast at Salt'n'Pepper on Westgate Hill for £4.95 and you get about 3 times as much on your plate.

It was disappointing and I'm glad I didn't persuade anyone else to go there with me.

The reasons I went were the TV series with HB and a fond memory of years ago returning from Greece, off the Dover ferry and into the first Little Chef we came across.
In my mind the "Olympic" was a huge platefull of English breakfast that we'd missed for 3 weeks whilst abroad.

:rob

Last edited:
Nine and a half quid for that and a Diet Coke.

:eek:

To my palate the sausages, black pudding and bacon were tasty and of good quality.... the mushroom (note singular) was revolting, fortunately you can't really do a bad fried egg

In the TV series he made a big thing about using a pipette to get black bits on the egg. Can't see them on there :nenau

In my mind the "Olympic" was a huge platefull of English breakfast that we'd missed for 3 weeks whilst abroad.

Yeah but the sausages really are crap on the standard one :(

I stopped at Tesco near the Hograost on the way ther eon Staurday and had a huge breakfast - two of everything - plus a cup of tea, all for only £3.45.

That's why I could only manage four* doughnuts a bit later on ...:augie

*(six.)

Popham caff

Next time yer in that neck of the woods go to the cafe behind Popham Airfield on the other side of the A303. Prob half the price and biker friendly - there was a Vincent parked up last time I went I think it belongs to the owner

Next time yer in that neck of the woods go to the cafe behind Popham Airfield on the other side of the A303. Prob half the price and biker friendly - there was a Vincent parked up last time I went I think it belongs to the owner

Aye, Bakes did recommend that place.... maybe next year....

:blast

Chris, cool pictures

it was a pleasure to meet you at last :beer:

The call has gone out to them again, Friday 1st JULY 2011, awaiting the reply :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FucbvoFFy0&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FucbvoFFy0&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Alice didn't look much different on the One Show last week, and as this came up in the search best have this as well:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YDwj-BRKwc&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YDwj-BRKwc&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom