Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any news on the dude on the XT?

Wogzie

Thumbs up What an Ace lot you guys and gals are!!!

I have managed to scrounge the use of a laptop from my hospital bed and couldn't remember my original moniker on the site, so re registered as Wogzie (my nickname for years) Perhaps better known now as the "big guy on the Tenere".

Where do I start, the list is long, but my very sincerest thanks must go to John, who led the Novice ride on the plains. You sir are a 100% sound chap, thanks for getting me and the bike off the plain and back to the rally site in one piece. Then more importantly for ferrying me to Winchester Hospital A and E along with "Florence Nightingale AKA Jaq". For waiting a long time until I was ensconced, then returning with my clean kit later. If you ever come to Devon, the drinks are on me!

To all the guys back at the campsite, for the good humoured banter and ribbing I needed to help take my mind off the pain and for getting my kit sorted along with my bike and to the good gent who ferried it back to Devon, so Paul and Jaq could collect it, drinks owed all round.

Overall, I was gutted to miss the Raost, but if ever I was to injure myself again, you are far and away the calibre of people I would wish to have at my side.

Having ridden motorcycles for 30 years, it is a priviledge to have spent time in your company and I hope to be at next years Hog Raost to buy you a drink. (Maybe will give the off road a miss!")

If anyone has any photos with me in, I wouldn,t mind a copy for the memoirs lol

to biggles666 AT Gmail dot com

Thanks all of you and Bakerman for a super event

OH nearly forgot, still in Hospital at Winchester waiting for a scan to decide if they will screw and pin my broken Tibia, hoping for scan tomoz now...fingers x'd

Glad to hear your on the mend and more importantly you saved the bike from the vutures

Toubab Click here to find out how to Subscribe

So you haven't seen your bike yet?

We tried to stop the big boys, honestly, but they were drunk, and by heck it wheelies well

I'm sure the forks can be unbent, and the fire damaged paintwork will probably t-cut out ...Bakerman wasn't too happy with it being jumped over the fire all those times, but he was ok after he was allowed to ride it up and down the stairs of the clubhouse for a bit

Get well soon Wogzie, and see you next year....you're guaranteed to win the Rev Chuck lookalikee competition that's run every two years
    सत्यमेव जयते

Wogzie

Stunt Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post

So you haven't seen your bike yet?

We tried to stop the big boys, honestly, but they were drunk, and by heck it wheelies well

I'm sure the forks can be unbent, and the fire damaged paintwork will probably t-cut out ...Bakerman wasn't too happy with it being jumped over the fire all those times, but he was ok after he was allowed to ride it up and down the stairs of the clubhouse for a bit

Get well soon Wogzie, and see you next year....you're guaranteed to win the Rev Chuck lookalikee competition that's run every two years
    Hell, a bit of fire jumping probably did it good, how many GS1200's did it clear?
    I at least expect to find it covered in "Laughing Cow Stickers"!

Thanks again all of you...see you next year

Wogzie

Hey Ian, good to hear you've managed to get some comms sorted out, have you been able to source a phone charger yet?

Hopefully they've got you on some good drugs by now and the food isnt too bad. Both you and Jaq have got my number, I've got a bit of work to do to get preped for the PyreKnees UP but I'm around for the next couple of weeks so give me a shout if there's anything you need.

No thanks needed, just did what needed doing and no more than I'd hope someone might do for me.

Hope it hasnt put you off completely.

Good luck with the scan and get well soon!

John

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I've been knocking around here for years and Jaq has never removed my trousers. Top marks for keeping it under control and I bet you're really glad you chose those pants instead of a thong that fatefull day. Get well soon.
    Any spelling mistakes, punctuation errors or missuse of capitals are intentional and are designed to wind up the doughnuts amongst us.

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    at one stage i had both his wallet and mobile in my grubby mits

speedy recovery ian

anyone get a picture of steves face when he heard the news

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Shep of the Dessert Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    If you need anything, just shout, Winchester is not far from me so I could pop down or on thursdays Mrs Shep does a delivery to the area she could drop supplies in if you give me a nod on a Wednesday

Shep

Good to hear you're on the mend Ian. Hope you heal quickly, and are up and about and back on the bike soon.

OMG the things some people will do for a bit of attention!! You didnt even get a free helicopter flight )) Good luck mate hope its better news than mine was

We couldn’t believe that you had broken your leg,

And all you where worried about was ruining everybody’s day,

Which you didn't, Miss Daisy loved all the army lads in uniform.

All the best and have a speedy recovery,

From myself and Miss Daisy.

Wogzie

Update

Hi all, thanks for the good wishes and thanks again to Sid for being the "fourth emergency service"!

I am back home in Devon now, suffering at the moment due to impetuously deciding to wheelchair down through my village to the pub for a pint of Otter yesterday. I didn't relise the effort needed to lug 1 fat guy and an ex NHS wheelchair (circa 12th century AD) the mile and a half to the pub....then back.

My faith in human nature was restored as several people offerred a push on the hilly bits.

Two weeks in plaster, then back to Winchester, to have it off (oooh err matron!) and be fitted with a leg brace for another four weeks, then allegedly I will "take up my bed and walk!" Whether I will get on my XT and ride, will be another matter. She is high enough to mount without a dodgy knee.

No thanks will ever be enough to you all, but thanks again and remember...

"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"!

Be safe out there and enjoy your travels

All the best

Wogzie

Nice one Wogzie glad to see you on the mend and your spirits still high. I'd stay off the Quavers untill your fit enough to burn them back off if I was you.
    Any spelling mistakes, punctuation errors or missuse of capitals are intentional and are designed to wind up the doughnuts amongst us.

Good to hear you are out of hospital and they didnt end up pinning you!

Get well soon mate, hope it isnt too long before you're back on the bike.

Glad to hear you're on the mend Ian, so much for it just being a sprain eh. Look forward to seeing you at next year's raost and that you'll be back out on the dirt with us, be great to see you there.

J.

Did you get the Laughing Cow we sent to the hospital for you??????

Glad to hear you're mending......
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast