Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any news on the dude on the XT?

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogzie View Post
    . I didn't relise the effort needed to lug 1 fat guy and an ex NHS wheelchair (circa 12th century AD) the mile and a half to the pub....then back.

]
    i did but with out the use of a wheel chair and only ashes stick as an aide

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Wogzie

Laughing Cow

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Did you get the Laughing Cow we sent to the hospital for you??????

Glad to hear you're mending......
    LOL Indeed the "Laughing Cow " arrived ideal to compliment the economy sack of Quavers loitering behind my bed! "They weren't mine Guv honest!"

Well my wheelchair marathon made the local rag, mainly because I wrote a wheelchair eye view letter to the press about the tribulations of being stuck in one, something I have never experienced. Got to go back to Winchester on 21st for my brace, then at least I can bend it.....

Take care all.

Ian

Don't follow me...I'm lost too Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    LOL Indeed the "Laughing Cow " arrived ideal to compliment the economy sack of Quavers loitering behind my bed! "They weren't mine Guv honest!"

Well my wheelchair marathon made the local rag, mainly because I wrote a wheelchair eye view letter to the press about the tribulations of being stuck in one, something I have never experienced. Got to go back to Winchester on 21st for my brace, then at least I can bend it.....

Take care all.

Ian

How are you getting to Winchester, Wogz???....xx
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.....

Enjoy everything...regret nothing......

This picture was taken after the accident,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey Ian,

how are you doing now? How the leg and have you managed to get back on the bike yet?

John

Wogzie

Just an update

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLAN View Post
    Hey Ian,

how are you doing now? How the leg and have you managed to get back on the bike yet?

John
    Thanks again all for the messages and the banter. I am currently in a leg brace for another 4 weeks, partial load bearing. Sadly Winchester hospital were a sack of shite! I went back as per instructions for my plaster to come off and my brace to be fitted, to find they had not even ordered the brace, even though it was in black and white on my discharge notes. So I threw tedy out of the pram and went to RD and E Exeter. The consultants first words on seeing me were "Why wasn't this pinned and screwed?!!!!" Which left me full of joy, so spent a further two weeks in plaster, then a plastered brace and now a "plastic and neoprene" affair. Still only got 60 degrees movement in the leg, but have physio soon and hoping for 90 degrees.
    The trusty Tenere is in Irelands MC's in Barnstaple for sale, as I am petrified of my inability to get on and off it easily bearing in mind the height and the warning from my consultant RE knee problems. So looks like I am going to join the "Sons Of Apathy"! and get a VN900 custom as soon as the Tenere sells. So the xl BMW Enduro lid will be for sale methinks. As it would look a bit out of place with the leather chaps and the "Blue Oyster Bar" outfit lol.
    Hope you are all well and getting the miles in.....I am envious every time a bike roars by, I never thought I would miss two wheels so much.

Ride Safe

Ian

Ouch! I really hate hospitals... I guess none of this stuff is really black and white and what one doctor will deal with one way isnt the same as another. Sounds like a right PITA at Winchester though, what did they say once the toys had been scattered? I'd have been livid - I know its a mistake, but what a waste of everyone's time and effort.

Good luck with the pysio mate, hopefully they won't be too much of a sadist

lol... on the VN, but please no chaps!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidLAN View Post

lol... on the VN, but please no chaps!!!

John
    Or if you absolutely must, please please at least wear jeans or something under the bloody things

Glad you're on the mend, albeit slowly. If tall dool-sports are going to present your new bionics with a problem, maybe you could try something like a CBF1000 or Bandit 1250? My chin just about reaches the seat on a GS, but I can flat-foot-both-sides those bad boys. And after the Tenere and Versys, I suspect you may find they step along in quite a pleasing manner...

Wogzie

Smile Gone for the VN900!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewers Whoop View Post
    Or if you absolutely must, please please at least wear jeans or something under the bloody things

Glad you're on the mend, albeit slowly. If tall dool-sports are going to present your new bionics with a problem, maybe you could try something like a CBF1000 or Bandit 1250? My chin just about reaches the seat on a GS, but I can flat-foot-both-sides those bad boys. And after the Tenere and Versys, I suspect you may find they step along in quite a pleasing manner...
    Well, I have gone over to the dark side, shortly to be joining "The Sons Of Apathy", but will deffo NOT be investing in Leather Chaps! or Tasselled Jeans. Although I may have to invest in a "piss pot helmet" and a "bad ass attitude"! Just so I fit in to that particular biker niche lol.

All joking aside, the guys at my dealers Irelands Motorcycles in Barnstaple, have been awesome. Not only did they collect my bike from Jaq and Pauls, they put it in the showroom and tried to get me the best price for it and sorted me a storming deal on the VN. As usual they have been the best bike dealer I have ever dealt with and they never cease to amaze me with their great service. I am hoping to go up next week and sign the papers on the VN, as although the leg is still iffy, I have about 90 degrees movement and want to get back on 2 wheels before I go stir crazy!

Hoping to see you all at next years Hograost and will deffo not be off roading on the VN!

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Well, I have gone over to the dark side, shortly to be joining "The Sons Of Apathy", but will deffo NOT be investing in Leather Chaps! or Tasselled Jeans. Although I may have to invest in a "piss pot helmet" and a "bad ass attitude"! Just so I fit in to that particular biker niche lol.

All joking aside, the guys at my dealers Irelands Motorcycles in Barnstaple, have been awesome. Not only did they collect my bike from Jaq and Pauls, they put it in the showroom and tried to get me the best price for it and sorted me a storming deal on the VN. As usual they have been the best bike dealer I have ever dealt with and they never cease to amaze me with their great service. I am hoping to go up next week and sign the papers on the VN, as although the leg is still iffy, I have about 90 degrees movement and want to get back on 2 wheels before I go stir crazy!

Hoping to see you all at next years Hograost and will deffo not be off roading on the VN!
    great to hear your on the mend enjoy the new bike and hope to see you at next years hogroast

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

All joking aside, the guys at my dealers Irelands Motorcycles in Barnstaple, have been awesome. Not only did they collect my bike from Jaq and Pauls, they put it in the showroom and tried to get me the best price for it and sorted me a storming deal on the VN. As usual they have been the best bike dealer I have ever dealt with and they never cease to amaze me with their great service.
    Have you dealt with many dealers?

I have found Ireland's to be terrible every time I have tried to use them. Their prices are astronomical sometimes up to 50% more for the same product that is available a few hundred yards up the road at Hedgehog Motorcycles. The tall chap behind the counter has to be persuaded to stop talking to his colleagues before he will serve you. Then he makes it seem like he is doing you a favour to allow you to buy anything. Whenever I have ordered parts from them they have taken ages to arrive.

They had left over last years model R1s that they were still charging full list price for. Seriously, compare their prices on anything and they are substantially more expensive than anywhere else.

It appears that they have two very distinctive levels of service, one for people who bought a new bike from them such as yourself and another approach for people who didn't. My son tried to get bits for both his Derbi and his Yamaha and they were less than helpful.

The dark side actualy is a ray of light ! good fun, good riding and good times ! dont listen to the belivers ! come on in !
    SLOBODA

Bring on the dark side !

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

VN900 Miles off road on Donkey tracks in Macedonia a little mishap, no leaks no damge rode on for more good times !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    SLOBODA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123