Any news on the dude on the XT?

Hey Ian, good to hear you've managed to get some comms sorted out, have you been able to source a phone charger yet?

Hopefully they've got you on some good drugs by now and the food isnt too bad. Both you and Jaq have got my number, I've got a bit of work to do to get preped for the PyreKnees UP but I'm around for the next couple of weeks so give me a shout if there's anything you need.

No thanks needed, just did what needed doing and no more than I'd hope someone might do for me.

Hope it hasnt put you off completely.

Good luck with the scan and get well soon!

John

I've been knocking around here for years and Jaq has never removed my trousers. Top marks for keeping it under control and I bet you're really glad you chose those pants instead of a thong that fatefull day. Get well soon.

at one stage i had both his wallet and mobile in my grubby mits:augie:augie

speedy recovery ian

anyone get a picture of steves face when he heard the news:toungincheek

If you need anything, just shout, Winchester is not far from me so I could pop down or on thursdays Mrs Shep does a delivery to the area she could drop supplies in if you give me a nod on a Wednesday:thumb2

Shep

Good to hear you're on the mend Ian. Hope you heal quickly, and are up and about and back on the bike soon.

We couldn’t believe that you had broken your leg,

And all you where worried about was ruining everybody’s day,:bow:bow:bow

Which you didn't, Miss Daisy loved all the army lads in uniform.

All the best and have a speedy recovery,

From myself and Miss Daisy.:thumb:thumb

Update

Hi all, thanks for the good wishes and thanks again to Sid for being the "fourth emergency service"!

I am back home in Devon now, suffering at the moment due to impetuously deciding to wheelchair down through my village to the pub for a pint of Otter yesterday. I didn't relise the effort needed to lug 1 fat guy and an ex NHS wheelchair (circa 12th century AD) the mile and a half to the pub....then back.

My faith in human nature was restored as several people offerred a push on the hilly bits.

Two weeks in plaster, then back to Winchester, to have it off (oooh err matron!) and be fitted with a leg brace for another four weeks, then allegedly I will "take up my bed and walk!" Whether I will get on my XT and ride, will be another matter. She is high enough to mount without a dodgy knee.

No thanks will ever be enough to you all, but thanks again and remember...

"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"!

Be safe out there and enjoy your travels

All the best

Wogzie

36192_442978438452_610263452_5910610_307133_n.jpg

Nice one Wogzie glad to see you on the mend and your spirits still high. I'd stay off the Quavers untill your fit enough to burn them back off if I was you.

Good to hear you are out of hospital and they didnt end up pinning you!

Get well soon mate, hope it isnt too long before you're back on the bike.

Glad to hear you're on the mend Ian, so much for it just being a sprain eh. Look forward to seeing you at next year's raost and that you'll be back out on the dirt with us, be great to see you there.

J.

Did you get the Laughing Cow we sent to the hospital for you??????

:thumb

Glad to hear you're mending......

Laughing Cow

Did you get the Laughing Cow we sent to the hospital for you??????

:thumb

Glad to hear you're mending......

LOL Indeed the "Laughing Cow " arrived ideal to compliment the economy sack of Quavers loitering behind my bed! "They weren't mine Guv honest!"

Well my wheelchair marathon made the local rag, mainly because I wrote a wheelchair eye view letter to the press about the tribulations of being stuck in one, something I have never experienced. Got to go back to Winchester on 21st for my brace, then at least I can bend it.....

Take care all.

Ian

LOL Indeed the "Laughing Cow " arrived ideal to compliment the economy sack of Quavers loitering behind my bed! "They weren't mine Guv honest!"

Well my wheelchair marathon made the local rag, mainly because I wrote a wheelchair eye view letter to the press about the tribulations of being stuck in one, something I have never experienced. Got to go back to Winchester on 21st for my brace, then at least I can bend it.....

Take care all.

Ian

How are you getting to Winchester, Wogz???....xx

Just an update

Hey Ian,

how are you doing now? How the leg and have you managed to get back on the bike yet?

John

Thanks again all for the messages and the banter. I am currently in a leg brace for another 4 weeks, partial load bearing. Sadly Winchester hospital were a sack of shite! I went back as per instructions for my plaster to come off and my brace to be fitted, to find they had not even ordered the brace, even though it was in black and white on my discharge notes. So I threw tedy out of the pram and went to RD and E Exeter. The consultants first words on seeing me were "Why wasn't this pinned and screwed?!!!!" Which left me full of joy, so spent a further two weeks in plaster, then a plastered brace and now a "plastic and neoprene" affair. Still only got 60 degrees movement in the leg, but have physio soon and hoping for 90 degrees.
The trusty Tenere is in Irelands MC's in Barnstaple for sale, as I am petrified of my inability to get on and off it easily bearing in mind the height and the warning from my consultant RE knee problems. So looks like I am going to join the "Sons Of Apathy"! and get a VN900 custom as soon as the Tenere sells. So the xl BMW Enduro lid will be for sale methinks. As it would look a bit out of place with the leather chaps and the "Blue Oyster Bar" outfit lol.
Hope you are all well and getting the miles in.....I am envious every time a bike roars by, I never thought I would miss two wheels so much.

Ride Safe

Ian:):):)

Ouch! I really hate hospitals... I guess none of this stuff is really black and white and what one doctor will deal with one way isnt the same as another. Sounds like a right PITA at Winchester though, what did they say once the toys had been scattered? I'd have been livid - I know its a mistake, but what a waste of everyone's time and effort.

Good luck with the pysio mate, hopefully they won't be too much of a sadist ;)

lol... on the VN, but please no chaps!!!

John

lol... on the VN, but please no chaps!!!

John

Or if you absolutely must, please please at least wear jeans or something under the bloody things :eek

Glad you're on the mend, albeit slowly. If tall dool-sports are going to present your new bionics with a problem, maybe you could try something like a CBF1000 or Bandit 1250? My chin just about reaches the seat on a GS, but I can flat-foot-both-sides those bad boys. And after the Tenere and Versys, I suspect you may find they step along in quite a pleasing manner...

Back
Top Bottom