The 260 mile Pie Club

Mr K

Reaction score
Been off all week and decided I must have a run-out on the bike, but where?

Heston Blumenthal had badly let me down with his version of Little Chef's Olympic Breakfast, so I decided I need my faith restoring in Celebrity TV Chefs.

Surely The Hairy Bikers wouldn't let me down?

Set away west. It was overcast, but warm, as I climbed up towards Alston it began to spot with rain and the mist began closing in.
I had to switch my heated grips on before I got to the cafe at Hartside Summit.

The view was impressive.....

DSCF0636.jpg

:blast

After that the rain got heavier and the fog thickened. Visibility was crap and I did wonder what I was doing.....
I carried on down into The Lakes, pausing for a couple of shots beside Ullswater.

DSCF0637.jpg

DSCF0638.jpg

I consoled myself that the roads would have been much busier if it was sunny :augie

Kirstone Pass was horrendous, water was running down the road, it was pishing down and even foggier than Hartside Pass .......I wondered about Cumbria's hosepipe ban.....:eek

The sky started to brighten and by the time I reached my destination it had stopped raining.

DSCF0639.jpg

Green's Pies, Barrow-in-Furness :thumb2

They'd run out of Steak & Kidney, so I got 2 "potato & meat" pies and stowed them in my insulated lunch-bag thing and packed the precious parcel in my top-box.

Sat-nav took me home a different way, apart from the Lakes section: Up the M6 and across the A69 - Faster I suppose?

ScreenShot031.jpg

The weather began improving as I went back over Kirkstone Pass;

DSCF06401.jpg

At home I checked my precious cargo:

DSCF0641.jpg

My babies were still alive ...and warm :drool

So I ate one:

DSCF0642.jpg

Marvelous - all the better for a 130 mile ride in a top-box.

(260 mile round trip)

....and now....perhaps a small shandy....

:beerjug:

Good effort on the pie front ....:thumb
I'll doing the same tomorrow, bike is going to Edinburgh for a 10:00 jobbie on the brake recall and knackered sidestand switch so I'll be looking for pie in Dalkeith....and its a 130 mile each way trip...

Good effort on the pie front ....:thumb
I'll doing the same tomorrow, bike is going to Edinburgh for a 10:00 jobbie on the brake recall and knackered sidestand switch so I'll be looking for pie in Dalkeith....and its a 130 mile each way trip...

Could it be the start of a "Show us your pies!" thread?

Mebbe not...

:blush

Lake district

The weather was stunning when we were there a recently. :Motomartin

Attachments

• bowness.jpg
    bowness.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 603
Pies were £1.10 each and I'm planning a return mission for Steak & Kidney ...and whatever else they have...

:fnikefork

Could it be the start of a "Show us your pies!" thread?

Mebbe not...

:blush

I'm not into posting pics of food and didn't feel the need to start a new thread, but the urge was too much and I needed to show off
these works of gastronomic delight.
Therefore I had a quick search on here to see if there was a 'pie thread'. Imagine my delight when when I found this one started by Mr.K
and his valiant effort beyond the call of duty to nip out for a couple of pies. This site just keeps on giving.:beerjug:

Last week I went on an adventure to Bury Market with Mrs.B in the car, a 40 mile round trip, (yes I know, not as pioneering as the op) where
I puchased a couple of Cissy Greens pies. A sirlion steak and a pork with black pudding top covered in melted cheese.
If you're into pies, both were food heaven.:drool

PS. Sorry about the photography.

Attachments

• 20171012_130509.jpg
    20171012_130509.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 410

Back
Top Bottom