Unregistered 1977 Triumph for sale

zoltan

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Over the W/E went in to Triumph M40 , on sell a 1977 Silver Anniversary 750 model , unregistered , never fueled up , nor the battery .Original oil. One owner and 115 miles on the clock. For sale £10000:eek: , no warranty:augie.
Question is how much will cost to put it on the road?

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 494
a mate of mine has a silver jubilee like this, unregistered.

chrome is peeling of engine, dunlop red arrows are perished.

serves the twat right.

its probably worth half what it cost new in real terms

they didnt really have a warranty from new so that's not an issue !

a shit coloured version of a shit bike celebrating some stupid monarchy shit.

what's not to like?

33 years old will need, new tyres,inner tubes, battery, probably pitted bores,may be seized unless bores were filled with oil just about every seal will be hardened and will fail. Fork seals will need replacing. Anything rubber will be almost certainly perished. Basically total strip down and rebuild of the motor. Worth £10,000? maybe in another 100 years!

They were if memory serves me just over £1,000 new and were shit in 1977. I had a T140e export with the black and red peanut tank Meriden co-op crap.

Queens 25th Jubillee model, bet she was impressed with the wonderful British technology involved

:hide
Did I say something wrong:D , he also has around 7 or 8 GPZ900....all in red and black. They must be good then...

Unused,unregistered,never fuelled up or battery fitted.

Yet with 115 miles on the clock.

Didn`t think of asking about that ???

Apart from the potential dried out/perished/seized horrors,which may or may not be present,the answer to the original question of how much to put on the road is a £55 registration fee plus the cost of road tax and a number plate.
Assuming all paperwork is in order,that is.

I guess nobody likes motorcycle carpetbaggers !:augie

Agreed.........:beerjug:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1979-HONDA-CB...iewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e5c1088f7

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1975-SUZUKI-G...iewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e5c126ed4

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-KAWASAKI...iewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item1e5bf49ebb

A real joke.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-CBX-100...iewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a084b31a7

Does anybody with an ounce of sense really consider paying such inflated prices for (ok, they are lovely classics) bikes we may have lusted over in our youth ? Yes, I'd love an H2 and GT750, but those prices are just silly.

Over the W/E went in to Triumph M40 , on sell a 1977 Silver Anniversary 750 model , unregistered , never fueled up , nor the battery .Original oil. One owner and 115 miles on the clock. For sale £10000:eek: , no warranty:augie.

Hughenden M40 have always been a bunch of jokers

Hows about a 1976 Triumph T160V Trident. Registered for the first time last October with an age related plate after consulting the TR3OC achives officer. Weeping oil lines replaced. Hoping to add to the GENUINE 4.7 miles on the clock this weekend by taking it to the 19th Beesumph Rally on Anglesey.

Please Lord let it run, erm........ also Lord don't let it blow up.

Henry

Attachments

• Copy of 2009_11260031 (Medium).JPG
    Copy of 2009_11260031 (Medium).JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 348
Hows about a 1976 Triumph T160V Trident. Registered for the first time last October with an age related plate after consulting the TR3OC achives officer. Weeping oil lines replaced. Hoping to add to the GENUINE 4.7 miles on the clock this weekend by taking it to the 19th Beesumph Rally on Anglesey.

Henry

Seems to me like a waste of a good Bike, someone could have really enjoyed that in the seventys.
Would seem ok if it had some miles and then the engine re built, but to do just 4.7 :blast

Wonder if in thirty odd years someone will turn up with a 2010 GS with no miles on it. :comfort again what a waste :eek:

Best regards Stretch. :)

Henry

Fantastic looking bike. I really fancy one myself :thumb

Dave

I had a 1969 Bonny probably worth a bit now but I can honestly say I would'nt want it back even if it was £10k it was a piece of shite always breaking down or not even starting I ended up going to work on the Suzuki 550 most days.
1960s Hondas are probably more reliable than most Brit stuff.

I had a 1954 BSA B31 in the 80"s, absolutely reliable, very very slow, normally first time starter, most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle.

2958ebm.jpg

To try and answer your question, not much, £1000 or so. I bought one last year that was last taxed in April 1981. with 7000 miles showing.

I replaced the brake callipers, lines and re-built the master cylinders. Changed the oil, plugs etc, cleaned the carb's new tyres, all the usual stuff. Then fitted electronic ignition, I kid you not it started first kick, ticked over and has run (without oil leaks for the past 2000 miles).

I think Hughie M40 are a little optimistic at £10K, probably half that at best, They are a nice bike to ride more 1950's than '77 but good ride. It's going to be busy this year with all the celebrations. It also goes well with the other bikes, Triumph 675 SE R Tiger 1050 and HD Tourer.:hide

Go and haggle, you might like it AJ

Jenks, did you notice the original post was 2 years ago:blast
The thing with it, you pay £10k for it brand new and you can then never ride it. As soon as its registered and used regularly it's only worth £4k:nenau

Jenks, did you notice the original post was 2 years ago:blast
The thing with it, you pay £10k for it brand new and you can then never ride it. As soon as its registered and used regularly it's only worth £4k:nenau

Johno

No I didn't notice, bet it's £12K now, AJ

Back
Top Bottom