Meeting Part 2

Dazza2

As we all are aware the original poster and i quote "just buggered of without even a goodbye" cheers rich :augie.
Being more centrally located ie sort of in the middle-ish of everyone,i would be than happy to host a meeting at my place.
I`ve been in touch with chad who`s only got a couple of dates free til the big day,so the earliest one is Saturday 14th August.
My suggestion arrive at my place say 16.00hrs onwards,there`s secure off road parking,plenty of space for tents and 1 guest room if req`d all in a quite location.
I thought if everyone chipped in a tenner each i`ll lay grub on followed by a
intensive trip organisation washed down with a few :beer:
Hopefully the date will suit everyone,and be another chance to put names to faces in a slightly warmer enviroment.
For location send me a pm.
Hope to see you all :thumb2
Cheers
Darren

im in Daz.

Tenner no problem, ill bring my map and gps stuff.

Wont need a room ill use a bit of your garden for the tent if thats ok.

Talk to you closer to the date to get a post code.

Chad.

dazza meet up

I'm in, have pm'd dazza. Looking forward to seeing the people who are going in sept and getting a better idea of routes,equipment etc. steve.

meetup2

well i`m still going as are i think all of the others but i wont be at the meet up,my last free week end is this one then after that i`m doing 6 days a week till Aug bank. kinda said yep to the boss i`m in, we`re only a small place and i`m off for 3 weeks others are off thru Aug., then its looking as if the NHS will be having me shortly after we return so i`m going to be off for another 2 to 3 weeks. if anyone has a lap top i`ll get a web cam and be there in ethernet spirit!. as for routes and things, been looking at one of tim cullis`s routes to fez, where i`m hoping we all meet up then its either a road dash for the ergs as some have less time or a high pass route that can work its way to erfond then its off to the ergs. as for bike (steve) i`m taking the tenere,its lighter less strain on the wrist and i`ll be chopping my gear to bare essentials, i will still bring the 911 unit(as i`ve said before but no one commented on it) and trying to work other pieces of kit out with others on sim bikes(tubed,chain driven,diminished power,ooops sorry that "more fuel efficiant"). anything i`ve missed please let me kno:ronno

well i`m still going as are i think all of the others but i wont be at the meet up,my last free week end is this one then after that i`m doing 6 days a week till Aug bank. kinda said yep to the boss i`m in, we`re only a small place and i`m off for 3 weeks others are off thru Aug., then its looking as if the NHS will be having me shortly after we return so i`m going to be off for another 2 to 3 weeks. if anyone has a lap top i`ll get a web cam and be there in ethernet spirit!. as for routes and things, been looking at one of tim cullis`s routes to fez, where i`m hoping we all meet up then its either a road dash for the ergs as some have less time or a high pass route that can work its way to erfond then its off to the ergs. as for bike (steve) i`m taking the tenere,its lighter less strain on the wrist and i`ll be chopping my gear to bare essentials, i will still bring the 911 unit(as i`ve said before but no one commented on it) and trying to work other pieces of kit out with others on sim bikes(tubed,chain driven,diminished power,ooops sorry that "more fuel efficiant"). anything i`ve missed please let me kno:ronno

Baz,

We'll have to compare notes on what kit you're taking. Phil and I are paring down to the bare minimum. If you're bringing the Tenere I'd not bother with the 911 unless someone specifically asks for it. Otherwise it's just expensive looking and knickable ballast.

If you decide on a route let me know and we can possibly meet up at some point, esp. if you're down as far as the ergs. I doubt we'd ride with you for any real distance tho as even a weedy 660 Tenner is massively quicker than our XR250s on the road (and just plain massive on the rougher pistes).

thr kit

Baz,

We'll have to compare notes on what kit you're taking. Phil and I are paring down to the bare minimum. If you're bringing the Tenere I'd not bother with the 911 unless someone specifically asks for it. Otherwise it's just expensive looking and knickable ballast.

If you decide on a route let me know and we can possibly meet up at some point, esp. if you're down as far as the ergs. I doubt we'd ride with you for any real distance tho as even a weedy 660 Tenner is massively quicker than our XR250s on the road (and just plain massive on the rougher pistes).

911, thats why i said i`ll bring it if anyone wants,it aint much use on a "weedy ten" `cause its meant for a bemer and as its no bigger than a pack of twenty i dont think i`ll be over loaded or advertizing "i`ve got some bling", if i bring my DSLR, NOW that is expensive yet also insured along with all the extras but again i`ll be on the "plain massive ten" so have loads of space, good job i decided to leave :ronnothe bismark at home or i may have gone totally overbourd. oh by the way james did youopt for that navigator ins; i`ve been trying to ring them for a week and get no answer, may have to look else where.. now where did i leave the puncture repair kit?(bloody innertubes!!):pullface p.s. met a fella at the HU that asked could he have the time back out of his life waiting for the "hobo stove" to work:drool

911, thats why i said i`ll bring it if anyone wants,it aint much use on a "weedy ten" `cause its meant for a bemer and as its no bigger than a pack of twenty i dont think i`ll be over loaded or advertizing "i`ve got some bling", if i bring my DSLR, NOW that is expensive yet also insured along with all the extras but again i`ll be on the "plain massive ten" so have loads of space, good job i decided to leave :ronnothe bismark at home or i may have gone totally overbourd. oh by the way james did youopt for that navigator ins; i`ve been trying to ring them for a week and get no answer, may have to look else where.. now where did i leave the puncture repair kit?(bloody innertubes!!):pullface p.s. met a fella at the HU that asked could he have the time back out of his life waiting for the "hobo stove" to work:drool

We haven't actually bought the insurance yet but I am planning to use Navigator. I was just going to buy it from the website now that we've established that we're covered. They seemed pretty good at answering emails.

As for Hobo stoves, well they're a black art and evil, smokey things.

Woodgas stoves are much better although I've much less experience of them.

My mini meths burner deosn't involve much waiting - unless you forget your pans, that is.

sheckles

well even this wk end been scupered now,all meens more moroc groats i supose,on a sad side if we reckon to meet up in fez,thats the scouting party and the dune busters there is a big macs there and they do ramadan specials after dusk ofcourse.

Back
Top Bottom