Tell me about the Moto Guzzi Griso

Can now do what i've always fancied doing.

Sling a waterproof bag on the back with a change of underpants, and go for a ride to the guzzi factory.

Ciao.

Remember the ride report :bounce1

Have fun!:thumb2

My mate has just bought one as his first bike:eek:

I had a ride on it last week and it's a cracker to ride . Grin factor is 10/10:D

Would look nice on a guzzi :augie ...

17837-peasant-girl-leather-corset.jpg

Dunno if they do them in Steptoe size though :nenau

...would look good on the back of feckin anything in my opinion...

Back to Grizos...

Mate got one last year, the 8V version (Hes into Guzzis big time...). He rates it very highly - best one he has. No issues to my knowledge and he does some mileage with it - disappears for weeks on end...Not my style but a real Good looking bike, Great sound (especially when we remove the baffles :augie). Always liked the look of the Bellagio myself - maybe not as big, but may look in that direction next year....

I have someone who has the 1200 Sport and the gearbox / Oil dropped out of that 2 weeks after the end of warranty. He would always "advise" me to get a Guzzi before that happened, then said belatedly he wouldnt buy one again...But not heard any issues with the Grizo...

Saw the yellow Griso that was sold from my Yamaha dealers recently. Spoke to the bloke who bought it and asked him what he thought. 'Lovin' it, mate !' He chopped in a custom type bike for it, so obviously finds it much more sporty than what he is used too. I did look on with some envy as he pulled away. :drool

griso2.jpg

griso1.jpg

Enjoy it Mr Steptoe. Loved mine (4V) but too cramped in the leg for me for more than an hour at a time.

It now lives about 10k from the factory.

Always fancied one of them!

Have a great ride.....

:thumb2

Well, been doing some miles on the gristle and have come to a conclusion on the differences between a GS and the Moto Guzzi Gristle. Best described in musical terms

GS = Once you've donned the twat suit, fitted the GPS, loaded up the multitude of luggage boxes getting on the GS is akin to listening to Led zeps "Kashmir".
Every journey is an epic thunderous event, full of trepidation and anticipation, even if only popping along to tesco.
It's the motorcycling equivalent of spreading colmans english mustard on your testicles, hence gurning like an idiot for the rest of the ride.

Moto Guzzi Gristle = Once you've adorned yourself in the compulsory fancy dress as demanded by guzzieists (open face lid, designer sun glasses,flying jacket).
Packed all your metrosexual man items in the man bag slung over your shoulder.
Carefully positioned a Gitane in the corner of your mouth, cocked your leg nonchalantly over the artistically sculptured saddle and finally coaxed the big gasping V twin into life it's all a bit like listening to middle of the roads "Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep".

Fun and a great laugh, but you always though the song was really called "Chirpy chirpy tweet tweet".

Back
Top Bottom