Tell me about the Moto Guzzi Griso

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone on here owned one ? What are they like to own, reliable ?

what about running costs etc, good, bad, ridiculous.

Long distance riding ?

Spill the beans. I need to be discouraged

Anyone on here owned one ? What are they like to own, reliable ?

what about running costs etc, good, bad, ridiculous.

Long distance riding ?

Spill the beans. I need to be discouraged

Ewan mcGreggors:ymca got one, what else do you need to know to put yourself orft??:nenau

my guzzi guru says they are so torquey they can occasionally eat clutches, but otherwise not heard anything bad.

i rode outtomunch's griso some while ago, and it was lovely :thumb2

I've had mine a couple of years now (1100 version) but readily admit it's mostly a sunny Sunday bike.

The longest run I've done on it was a 500 mile long weekend trip.

I've always loved Guzzis so find it hard to be objective but, here goes.......

Build quality is very good indeed. Only (minor) problem is a misting up instrument console which I cured by drilling a wee hole in the surround to allow it to breath.

Suspension is very good, initially I could not get on with the rear shock (too harsh) but Cookie broke it in for me ;) so once 'run in' it's a supple yet firm as a supple yet firm thing :thumb2

Handling is a strange mix of sports bike / cruiser and I have to be honest and say it took me a while to get my head around it. Now that I'm used to it I really can't fault it.

Brakes are superb and certainly give the lie to WBM servo bollox :mmmm

Reliability - no issues but then I've only done 6,000 miles on her.

Cost to run - not really sure of mpg; bit less than my GS possibly :nenau Eats rear tyres but then I run super sticky Rennsports so hardly surprising :augie

Servicing - Piece of piss :thumb2

Performance - For a Guzzi, pretty amazing. The Griso has a unique (low) primary drive ratio which means it accelerates pretty hard, enough to make you go 'oh my god' whilst grinning manically :D This may also explain Cookies reference to clutches :nenau Top speed - feck knows :nenau

Comfort - not great. OK I guess but your feet are fairly far back and your arms forward and wide. Feels like you must look really cool :D but is not conducive to constant high speed or distance. Having said that I made it to Cookies on the south coast from Nottingham and lived to tell the tale and I still intend riding it to it's spiritual home in Mandello De Lario.
I keep meaning to get a small cockpit screen for it as it's impossible to hold on above 80ish for long. Guzzi also do some reasonable soft panniers that fit onto frames and back rack as well as a tank bag.

Pillion - Amanda's been on it and swore never again. My daughter's been on it, she was brought up riding pillion on dirt bikes which she never had a problem with. Re the Griso she swore never again :D

Sound - I've got a Staintune pipe on mine and it's feckin' gorgeous :bounce1

Looks - I'll let you decide :thumb2

Herbert3.jpg

CNV00004.jpg

CNV00005.jpg

CNV00006.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

I currently own toooo many bikes from a Mobylette, to a Berg, to the GS, to a.........

If I could only keep one it'd be the Griso - wouldn't have to think twice :)

Andres

PS Goooo ooooon, do it, do it :thumb2

Another mid life crises in the making :D

PS.

Those leather jackets with the belt keep your belly off the tanks paintwork :thumb

Saw my mates all black 1200 4 valve on sunday. :drool

He rode it to the guzzi factory without being too uncomfortable, only nod to comfort is the small fly screen he fitted.

PS.

Those leather jackets with the belt keep your belly off the tanks paintwork :thumb

You mean a corset ??

Saw one in yellow in my dealers, stunning. A guy was doing a deal for it there and then. It was only in the shop two days. Have to say, I'd love one (but not in black :augie).

Well i missed a good one on ebay ( i fecked up with my last bid:blast), even went and viewed it, just half a mile away from me.

Oh well. It wasn't meant to be.

looking for a Guzzi

Photographed this one in Ennis 2 weeks ago
Myke

Attachments

• Copy of Guzzi1.JPG
    Copy of Guzzi1.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 416
  • Copy of Guzzi2.JPG
    Copy of Guzzi2.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 397

Back