Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So when does the 'professional' video arrive then?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

ah but

The Whole of August has been crap round here, it's meant to be quiet I'm beening dragged from job to job.... I'm supposed to be in London setting up a whole load of RED gear... but I can't cos the kits not back yet.... We've had another camera smashed which I was hoping to sell.... it's shit being me...

But Lo, you do make us laugh, and keep us fully entertained,keep it up mate.

Stuff for sale:Al jesse panniers for a 1200 Air cooled.

I have a purpose....at last...

by the way

it has to be done...you have to finish your works for the 24th sept...you must attend the camp..you must try harder to free up more time...you have lots of beer to drink....you must get your bike out of mothballs...life is not so shit...bring the pocket camera....dont break it...shit not another one....feck it ive done it again...make sure you can sell it afterwards....
    kin hell.....mortgage....doorlocks....

will try harder, I've got this load of turd to polish first... it's about 16 hours of absolute dull corporate shite.... I really can't understand how many times can one bloke mention his vision for change... which sounds like a numbe of cheesey sound bites strung together with bad body language. Then get on with a couple of other things... like steve's 5 minutes of fun. I've also got to prep the crap for tomorrow, attend a course to get my next certificate of professional incompetence...

Actually I was thinking about doing some more testing so I'll see how the weekend is coming along.

ah thats better

normal service is resumed....
    perhaps you fancy making a 2 min you tube vid for the camp,done on a flip mino hd, so we can see how good it is.theres a challenge for you,all your equipment will fit into your top pocket.
    Theres the friday evening lager quality control session,the sat morning reflex testing experiment involving guns,mental people,anadin and pottery,then the road safety experiment of how many people can survive riding thru the ashdown forest,dodging the deer or bringing home the road kill for tea,and finally the ubquitous tv chef performing in a caravan in a field,cooking a meal for twenty people who really are just plain shagged,and want to go to sleep, and are suffering the hangover from hell, from the previous night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    normal service is resumed....
    perhaps you fancy making a 2 min you tube vid for the camp,done on a flip mino hd, so we can see how good it is.theres a challenge for you,all your equipment will fit into your top pocket.
    Theres the friday evening lager quality control session,the sat morning reflex testing experiment involving guns,mental people,anadin and pottery,then the road safety experiment of how many people can survive riding thru the ashdown forest,dodging the deer or bringing home the road kill for tea,and finally the ubquitous tv chef performing in a caravan in a field,cooking a meal for twenty people who really are just plain shagged,and want to go to sleep, and are suffering the hangover from hell, from the previous night.
    Doging the deer?, I've ridden / driven through Ashdown forest many times (very many) and only once in the dark did I see any deer. About six ran across the road in front of the motor long way ahead but I was amazed there actually were some, possibly the only six in the whole place?. I reckon RAC vans must have had the rest!.
    dave (looking forward to the event, rode the bike down the MOT place today
    after two months got it out of the garage as the scaffold has gone!) GS
    Old GSer's never die, they just fall off more often!.

So many cats, so few recipies!!.

Dave the rave

Quote Originally Posted by davegs View Post
    Doging the deer?, I've ridden / driven through Ashdown forest many times (very many) and only once in the dark did I see any deer. About six ran across the road in front of the motor long way ahead but I was amazed there actually were some, possibly the only six in the whole place?. I reckon RAC vans must have had the rest!.
    dave (looking forward to the event, rode the bike down the MOT place today
    after two months got it out of the garage as the scaffold has gone!) GS
    If you keep on about rac vans, im coming round your place with the lads and we'll put the scaffolding back up...

Turd poilishing

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-IQ View Post
    will try harder, I've got this load of turd to polish first... it's about 16 hours of absolute dull corporate shite.... I really can't understand how many times can one bloke mention his vision for change... which sounds like a numbe of cheesey sound bites strung together with bad body language. Then get on with a couple of other things... like steve's 5 minutes of fun. I've also got to prep the crap for tomorrow, attend a course to get my next certificate of professional incompetence...

Actually I was thinking about doing some more testing so I'll see how the weekend is coming along.
    Lo,hows the turd polishing?,sorry corporate shyte visionary changey thing doing,?were itching to see Steves 5 minutes...

Not long, it the big brown loaf has been rendering for nearly 60 hours, then I've just got to compress it so it runs on their system.

I'm currently looking aimlessly into space waiting, till all the noughts and one's are done.

Got a course at the weekend, so no time and should be prepping up for that.

Monday I've set aside for Steve's project and it depends if they need back up in London or not tues/ wednes for iLL Manors to film thing I'm sort of working on.

Got a corporate thing thursday to start on.

??? Strokes Chin...

you mean to say, your editor has assembled four massive timelines of all the rushes on four different FCP machines and is rendering them? Is it four machines each taking 60 hours or four machines doing 15 hours each.

sounds like your editor is making himself a lot of work

4x 4 camera PPU with iso's at a conference about some really dull stuff, plus audio recording and scanconverted ppt. and webs demo's all linked with a mix which we've needed to tidy abit, loose a few words here and there, fix bumpers, lower thirds and trailers on including audio transcription of everything.

which made

4 pieces between 10-16 hours long each encoded to be encoded HD flv, 320, 512 and regional DVD's plus out to digi beta. (as per client request)

We've split it to 4 machines to speed it up and if one piece crashes 3 still get done on time.

seems sensible to me, guess there's plenty of ways to skin a cat, this was ours.

right now going to deliver all the crap

they'll have to wait now, I've just had call from the agency about the job we've just finished.

it's too big... we've made it excactly to their spec, we even questioned that videos of this length pretty unusual actually, got the sign off in writing and that I thought what they wanted was actually unheard of was my comment. I got told to be stop telling'em how to do their jobs and not to be so negative and just get on and do as we'd been told/ instructed and where getting paid to do.

They've now handed it to the web TV hosts, who have rejected it....

I can't say who it is but they're massive a huge house hold name... this is a sign of the recession and no mistake we had this last time around, old people being binned and juniors who are still green getting promotion to above their ability level...

HAHAHA wankers guess once Chris is done on the current piece the Hog roast at last, then we'll be getting back to the corporate thing...

I've got a needle and thread out, and I'm going to do it in Tapestry Bayeaux stylee......

It's going to be quicker that this modern video stuff

2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    will it be 3d

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

this could be it, just need to get Steve to approve it

from carl wackan on Vimeo.

Legendary Carl.....

Worth the wait....

You should think about a career in this stuff
    2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast