I'm in,

What happens if someone on the list hasn't got an air cooled & shaft driven bike by the time this event comes around?

What happens if someone on the list hasn't got an air cooled & shaft driven bike by the time this event comes around?

You could always buy that one on ebay, he only wants £750 for it:)

You know the rules, it is Airhead Owners Only. We can't make any exceptions or we would never hear the end of it. One airhead owner came on another bike last year (cos his airhead was out of commission) but that was exceptional circumstances and he was still an airhead owner.

Are you bored with the Guzzi already? Buy an old airhead, you know it makes sense. It doesn't have to be a GS, why not try an RS or RT? There's a very good R75/7 RS that will be for sale soon at a bargain price.:)

You know the rules, it is Airhead Owners Only. We can't make any exceptions or we would never hear the end of it.

I seem to remember a bunch of 1200 owners getting an invite last year.;)

Great Looking forward to seeing you all. Now have to choose which bike to go on.
Guzzi 1200 sport= comfortable, fast, good brakes totally reliable full luggage
80 g/s airhead = uncomfortable, fastish, brakes!!! no luggage dont know how reliable for a 1000 mile run.
A no brainer really....... so Ill take the g/s
I rode a £260 V50 guzzi to mandello when I had a KTM 950 sitting at home so it figures!

Great Looking forward to seeing you all. Now have to choose which bike to go on.
Guzzi 1200 sport= comfortable, fast, good brakes totally reliable full luggage

the italian equivalent of a 1200 oilhead beemer, and thus ineligible, surely?

the ride down on the g/s should be, er, interesting :D

1200 sport 2 valver is aircooled. The latest 4valver is I think oil/air cooled. It has an oil cooler but so do many airheads. But I am planning on using the g/s I will know better when I get back from the pre 65 Scottish at the end of the month. Nae Royal wedding caper up here!!!

Any spacers left?

New to this site and not been on any trips with this group yet, bike now ready for action (GSPD).

:Motomartin

I'm out:(

My plans of airhead ownership haven't materialised for a number of reasons:blast

Most of the reasons have a £ sign in front of them!!

Hi Sid any chance you can put me on the reserve list for your weekend.

best regards

Springer

I think this is the latest position. I've amended the numbers to just count the number of airhead riders turning up. I've excluded me and Proff and our wifes and family from the numbers as we can eat at different times so there will be less pressure on the domestic staff:)

Me - Crapaud
Ann - Pink Lady
Proff
Babs
Sumprat (our expert Chef for the breakfasts)
Peter
Martin - Crapaud Jnr
Chris
1. England-Kev
2. bubbles
3. Brassmonkey
4. Jaythro
5. redsoul
6. Flipfly
7. Kenny (in Proff's w/b or trailer)
8. Bill-H (w/b parking)
9. BigyellowGS
10. MickDB1
11. pastyman (bunkhouse)
12. maverick
13. bakerlonglegs
14. bumpmuncher
15. Benjamin M
16. Belper Phil (room at Nigels)
17. Val. H (w/b parking)
18. Gill
19. Shep
20. nick.ct
21. jaber
22. John Roberts
23. PW Cymru (top bunk in bunkhouse cos he's only little)
24. JPR
25. Jayne
26. Arkwright2007
27. piebaps (in snorers field)
28. gas boy
29. Mike Wilkins (room at Nigels)
30. abrasion
31. stan
32. Mort (in snorers field, in next county)
33. how much (bunkhouse)
34. kavb
35. Roger Chatterton
36. oldenoughtoknowbetter
37. Rob Farmer (VIP status as he's fixing Pink Lady's R80/7)
38. pee pingtom
39. ELIMINATOR
40. pete.keys
41. carinatauk
42. Syco (also VIP status as he painted Pink Lady's R80/7):)
43. Cookie
44. Steptoe
45. Darkhorse
46. Packer
47. Colt
48. Springer
49. Cobbster
50. GSeddie
51. Borderer

Reserves
Trippy (if he buys an airhead between now and event)
Shready (as Trippy)

NB Bustupbiker (Lyn) has had to pull out due to ill health. I'm sure we all wish him well for his recovery. This does mean that there is one bed free in the bunkhouse. Preference given to the more elderly of the tossers attending:) ).

Right, that is now IT!

Names will only be added from now on if somebody else has to drop out. don't forgget this is at our private house and there is simply a physical limit to the number of people we can accomodate. I would love to have more people but I don't want to spoil it. We will probably need to be flexible on breakfast times as we can't cook 50 full English breakfasts all at once, we are not a restaurant.

Please only post on this thread from now on if there are any changes to the above numbers. All other comments on another thread please.

Looking forward to this event already! :)

Last edited:
I'm out.

There's a space up for grabs, as I now can't make it.

Have fun all! :beer:

Back
Top Bottom