alloy tanks

turnipbmw

Reaction score
just had this company pointed out to me.

seem very good value.

I want a slightly bigger and far prettier tank for the ugly 900ss ie I bought whilst the world cup was on.

:thumb

The Tank Shop has a superb reputation however this used to mean a very long wait. I have had them in my favourites list for years (The site has not changed in that period either!) whilst waiting for a suitable project to come along :thumb

20 weeks If you're lucky. There's somebody in Wales making ally tanks, supposed to be a quicker service.

The chap who's behind the tank shop made my an ally ncr replica tank for my duke in the late eighties. I swapped a 900 duke engine for it..wouldn't do that now.

It was closer to 40 weeks when I asked a couple of years ago however mine was a special, they also needed the bike or frame for the project so it never got any further, now the glimmer of a project is being resurrected I guess I need to factor in loosing a frame for a while as well as shipping costs :blast

EDIT - Rob do you have contact details for the people in Wales? At least it is a bit closer.

I know someone who approached them a few years back about a larger adventure style tank for an 1150gs and the answer was NO !
Plus I know of waits of over 12 months for one off parts, although the quality was excellent and the prices reasonable for the work involved.

spoke to john yesterday (the tank shop) reckons he.s around 9 months work in front of him i live about half a mile from his house and bump into him the odd time

Custom tanks and design on Pershore trading estate. Best part of a year wait though, but the best I know of.

You should have ordered it when the world cup was on:augie

Back
Top Bottom