Nine Elms Road

mtwhobbs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone who regulary uses Nine Elms Lane will have spotted the sh1tload of speed monitoring double rubber band thingies on the stretch between the Dogs Home and Vauxhall.

This morning there was a Speed Camera van sitting just over the bridge from the Dogs home (thankfully on the right hand side of the road as you come into town so useless against bikes).

Looks like they might be paying a bit of extra attention to that stretch of road.

MCN reckon the rubber bands have nothing to do with speed enforcement, but rather for checking volume of traffic. In my opinion their just working out whether it is cost effective to put up permanent cameras.:mad:

rubber band across road for spped detection normally have 3 bands

Speed Camera at 9 Elms

Whatch out for this spot, in the past Ken Livingston has parked up one of his new speed camera vans....registers you speeding as you approach the rear of the van (Disguised!) & gets the photo after you have gone past. I know, they gave me my last 3 points!!!!

Mike.

Re: Speed Camera at 9 Elms

Mike Cooper said:
Whatch out for this spot, in the past Ken Livingston has parked up one of his new speed camera vans....registers you speeding as you approach the rear of the van (Disguised!) & gets the photo after you have gone past. I know, they gave me my last 3 points!!!!

Mike.

:confused: How can they prove the Photo of the back is the same bike :rolleyes: ''I was doing the legal speed your honer and this hooligan on an identical bike hovertook me, your honor''
:rolleyes: :D

saw that van on nine elms lane on monday i believe it was!

could also be for that bus lane thats now 24hrs, there's a fixed camera nr vauxhall anyway ( this info for strangers in town, not the usual wide london boys ).

;)

Bus Lanes

Latest on Bus lanes is that all the swiveling video cameras high up on posts all over London are now being used not only for "Big Brother surveillance but for bus lane control and parking fines, it is starting to get ridiculous.

You cannot move in the central areas of London without being videod by at least one camera.

Back
Top Bottom