Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off road ride

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Has anyone had any further thoughts about a ride on Friday? I'll probably have to work Friday morning and then travel up, so if I have a target time, it will make it a lot easier to draw a line and go.
    The OOaa bird is so-called because it lays square eggs

I think i may well be up for a off road bimble, got some proper off road tyres on the dak now

Any idea of a start time on sat? can't camp fri night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobermory Womble View Post
    Has anyone had any further thoughts about a ride on Friday? I'll probably have to work Friday morning and then travel up, so if I have a target time, it will make it a lot easier to draw a line and go.
    In the past Gaz has arranged an evening trail ride, if not I will be leaving the site around 16:30 for a few hours on the lanes.

Perfick - I may have to turn up and dump the panniers, but that sounds great.
    The OOaa bird is so-called because it lays square eggs

Me and my mate (Both on 650 GS's) would love to have a go at a novice/inter offroad ride. Both of us have ridden motocross bikes on and off road but happy to just go offroad anywhere.

Am i meant to be PM'ing anone to get our names on the list?

Cheers
    Steve

no need for pm's, just turn up in the car park at the right time for each ride.
    times will be announced or posted on the notice board on friday night (except the fri afternoon ride which I guess will be posted here)
    Usually meet 9:45 for a 10:00 start but I think we may stagger it this year with Skygod's ride setting of about 9.
    Watch this space

Ok mate will be watching this space.!!

Also will we need offroad tyres? i have tourances at the moment?

Cheers
    Steve

What Tyre pressure you running
    Thats about 13 folk that have said they want to go on a ride. If you dont want to commit until the day thats fine but please let us know if you`re maybe as this has a massive effect on how we organise the ride leaders and the routes.

www.adventurebikewarehouse.com
    Be Safe............and if you cant be safe..........BE LETHAL.

1200 GS
    Aprillia Tuono
    KTM 1190 R
    KTM 625 SXC
    KTM 1290 SD
    Honda MSX 125

If folk want a ride in the afternoon on the Friday then we have a few guides willing to take you. I will be happy to take a group about 2pm. Any later and I hardly think i will be worth it as most the lanes are a good 30 mins away.

1200 GS
    Aprillia Tuono
    KTM 1190 R
    KTM 625 SXC
    KTM 1290 SD
    Honda MSX 125

Gaz
    will be attending the weekend, not sure yet wether ill be doing the off road ride on the x challenge or attending on the 12gsa and doing a road ride, really depends on the weather

If its dry you will be fine on the GSA.

Probably

1200 GS
    Aprillia Tuono
    KTM 1190 R
    KTM 625 SXC
    KTM 1290 SD
    Honda MSX 125

Hi Guys, if your interested in a Friday evening ride i've started a thread here LINKY, regardless of the weather / numbers i'll be out for a good few hours on some big bike friendly lanes -

The easy off road will be suitable for all bikes even if on road tyres. Don't let that fool you into thinking it will be boring. We'll be taking in some of the best scenery in the Peaks and optional harder lanes will be available along the route for those who want them. Tarmac options for all lanes for people who want them as well.

Skygod is developing a new technique to open the gates on trails for the rideout

Ask him to show it yer

Another pleasurable afternoon today thanks matey

Quote Originally Posted by FERRET View Post
    Gaz
    will be attending the weekend, not sure yet wether ill be doing the off road ride on the x challenge or attending on the 12gsa and doing a road ride, really depends on the weather

i did fine on the easy ride last year, on a dak with tourances, there was someone else on a 12 with panniers, he only fell off once. ou'll be fine

I however have swapped to tkc's in anticipation of mud

Gaz
    put me down for the hard ride on the x challenge please, missus has decided no camping for her due to weather so we will be in wobbly box

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast