late August/ sept scotland any ONE

having secound thoughts about part of this route:)

the loop is been made shorter which gives us more time to relax and take pictures and have enough time for food etc:p

so the secound day loop is much more shorter and thus making the third days ride shorter too:).

so do take a look at this map below which gives a basic idea of what i'll be doing..
also looking at the september weekend for this run now:thumb
smallerloop.jpg

Hi Terry, for what it's worth in case you haven't considered it, I would recommend modifying the route from Lochcarron to Sheildaig- turn left up the Beallach -na -ba at Loch Kishorn and go over the pass (2050') to Applecross. Then follow coast road round to Sheildaig- well worth the diversion in my opinion. There is word that the pass will be closed for major repairs in early autumn, but if it is then you can just carry on with your planned route.
Have a great trip!

Hi Terry, for what it's worth in case you haven't considered it, I would recommend modifying the route from Lochcarron to Sheildaig- turn left up the Beallach -na -ba at Loch Kishorn and go over the pass (2050') to Applecross. Then follow coast road round to Sheildaig- well worth the diversion in my opinion. There is word that the pass will be closed for major repairs in early autumn, but if it is then you can just carry on with your planned route.
Have a great trip!

cheers for the surgestion:thumb...i did consider it at first....but thought time would be a factor .. but if i end up going on my own i defo will do the loop, if other come along and we get a early start then we could do it..

thanks again
terry:):thumb2

well with the weather been this bad at the moment :) one can only hope it's better for this run around Scotland:)

Have a great trip!

I will agree with his suggestion. That route is nice, a lot of up and down, one lane road, sea on the one side and mountains on the other. It will add a little bit of time on your schedule but it is better than doing the pass for second time. We did that route because there was a mist when we passed Applecross and we couldn't see a lot.

Terry NW said:
well with the weather been this bad at the moment one can only hope it's better for this run around Scotland!
After more than 5 years on this island, only one thing is certain! The rain... when we rode over there.. you could feel the dropplets like bullets....:eek:

I will agree with his suggestion. That route is nice, a lot of up and down, one lane road, sea on the one side and mountains on the other. It will add a little bit of time on your schedule but it is better than doing the pass for second time. We did that route because there was a mist when we passed Applecross and we couldn't see a lot.

After more than 5 years on this island, only one thing is certain! The rain... when we rode over there.. you could feel the dropplets like bullets....:eek:

cheers chaps for your inputs:thumb

ok gentalman, looking at first weekend in sept now..:)
going to start looking at B&Bs to stay at etc. the route is smaller than my first plan, due to time etc.. so do take a look at the shorter route if your up for this run.
are any of you up for this:D little ride:)

are any of you up for this little ride

Terry - I need to keep my options open at the moment as I may have something happening on the 05th Sept. If that doesn't come off then I am up for it. As soon as I know which way, I will let you know.

Its either :Motomartin with :beer: or :flag

Terry - I need to keep my options open at the moment as I may have something happening on the 05th Sept. If that doesn't come off then I am up for it. As soon as I know which way, I will let you know.

Its either :Motomartin with :beer: or :flag

Cool,
doing very little mororway work. so the chicken chaser will be ok:D

Terry - Fortunately for you I can't make it

I was highly offended by your chicken chaser remark and will now be off to chase some chickens in France.....Spain and Portugal instead and let you become a midge chaser - ;)

Seriously, should be a great ride and I hope you enjoy it

I was highly offended by your chicken chaser remark and will now be off to chase some chickens in France.....Spain and Portugal instead and let you become a midge chaser - ;)

Mike -take no notice of Genghis - he's got a chicken "choycer" too (as they say in Brum) his KLR :D:D

Have fun Mike, :)
cheers for letting me know:thumb

have a great time, thanks for you views on the land rovers etc..came in very handy in picking Alison next motor

did someone else say soething !!!:D

1st Weekend in September in 4 days

And then what !

Is this on Terry, or has baby arrived early.:eh

And then what !

Is this on Terry, or has baby arrived early.:eh

first chance to get on computer today..:mad:

been phoning around to get bike fixed, rear bearing fu-ked:mad: and the nice chap at RGM is on holiday for two weeks.

so can not go to scotland.. on the up side going to check what dates i can do in late september..

So late September then

Remind me, when is little Terry due?

:augie

If I say shit jump on the shovel

she has put her thumb down - so Get your pinny back on Terry like a good little bitch and do as the boss tells you !!!

LMFAO :rob

she has put her thumb down - so Get your pinny back on Terry like a good little bitch and do as the boss tells you !!!

LMFAO :rob

Doc do you remember Teapot saying "I'm not going to let it change me I wear the trousers :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah"

Who's he think he's kidding :jes

Doc do you remember Teapot saying "I'm not going to let it change me I wear the trousers :blagblah:blagblah:blagblah"

Who's he think he's kidding :jes

lets face it boys .your both under the thumb, :D
i'm bored and not aloud out co-k savage:D
i'm just not aloud out unless i'm picking Leo up from school or going to the out house on the camp site, and then Rushy as to hold your hand :D:D

Back
Top Bottom