*** Luggage Extension & GooseToob bracket for BMW GSA's ***

Goose

Reaction score
I have been fortunate to sold over 500 Tooltubes here in South Africa over the past 8 months.
They have now been nicknamed "GooseToobs" and I suppose the name has stuck.

As with everyone that has purchased tubes, the question was always as to "where can I mount them on my GSA?" - well it's taken me quite some months of frustration & design time with many prototypes which was not up-to-scratch.

FINALLY however, the design has been completed and I'm extremely chuffed to say that the interest from GSA owners has been amazing! (I have also applied for a W/wide Patent on the 8 designs for various bikes)

So I am pleased to announce the launch of the newly designed:

*** Luggage Extension & GooseToob bracket for BMW GSA's ***

The luggage racks are great to use for that extra soft luggage - tent, sleeping bag etc. and effectively gives you 200% more secure packing space than the standard luggage rack.

Fully compliments the GSA's luggage system - can be used with Panniers & Topbox fitted - or without and does not interfere with the Alu boxes at all.

Costing being finalised - as well as shipping to the UK:

Price will include ........ (excludes tubes and items for display purposes)
  • 1 x Full set of brackets (your choice of material)
  • High Grade Stanless Steel fixing set (nuts & bolts)
  • A complimentary set of 2 x Solid Colour Tooltube inner liners/bags for ease of inserting or removing your tools or First-Aid kit!
  • 2 x Nylon tiedown straps for soft luggage
  • Instruction leaflet for fitting

Tooltubes can be purchased from Bem who is already distributing them, failing that (with his permission) we could supply a complete solution.

3 x options available!
- 3mm Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- 3mm Normal Stainless Steelt
- 3mm Marine Grade Aluminium

Would love to see whether there is interest amongs members?

The now famous GooseToobs & Inner bags filled with Tools & First-Aid kit
1tooltubesinners.jpg

The "Luggage System"
2bracketshardware.jpg

GooseToobs mounted to the System
3tooltubesmounted.jpg

Luggage System mounted to GSA
4luggagerackbracketsfit.jpg

With Soft Luggage Loaded
5softluggagefitted.jpg

With Alu-Topbox fitted
6topboxfitted.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

deff yes they look good please advise price ta Gaz :thumb2

Pricing received and this is what the brackets retail for here in South Africa...

Full set of brackets, Stainless Steel nuts & bolts! (tubes excluded)

- 3mm Marine Grade 316-Stainless Steel .......... £110.00 per set

- 3mm Normal 304-Stainless Steel .......... £75.00 per set

- 3mm Marine Grade 5251-Aluminium Brackets .......... £58.00 per set

Now I'm struggling to get decent pricing for shipping costs to the UK, but so far it seems costs for a set come in at around £16/ parcel direct to your door!
Awaiting info from HMS Customs on the clearance codes.........

Will also post a general notice - I'm planning on flying over to the UK again in September and will stock my backs with Brackets, Pannier Bags & Crashbar bags for the boys.

Orders to be taken on the post at that stage.

Apologies for the extremely expensive Marine Grade Stainless.... :nenau

Also looking at the option of "Glass Bead Blasting" to finish the product.... but will see whether it's cost effective.
Will also post some more pics that show the use better!

Pannier opening?

Will the panniers open with the bracket/tube fitted?

What about selling singles rather than pairs?

Roger O.

Will the panniers open with the bracket/tube fitted?

What about selling singles rather than pairs?

Roger O.

One step ahead of you mate!

One of many reasons it's taken a couple of months to come up with the right design that looks good - but is 100% functional, and not just a tooltube bracket but an additional luggage system....

To get symmetry on the bike, a set of brackets are required, otherwise it's going to look lopsided. Can sell you a set and maybe you have a mate that would take the one bracket...... however look at the pic without the topbox - lots of nice secure packing space....
:thumb

Attachments

• DSCF2082.JPG
    DSCF2082.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 691
They look superb and I will definitely buy a set.

The only issue I can see is that because the tubes are so visible now you need a way of locking them. Perhaps some device that comes round over the end cap and locks?

They look superb and I will definitely buy a set.

The only issue I can see is that because the tubes are so visible now you need a way of locking them. Perhaps some device that comes round over the end cap and locks?

Ed
I have a tool tube fitted I just drilled the bottom through the cap and body and put a black self tapper screw in at the bottom you cannot get into without removing the screw so unless they come tooled up it will be safe enough.
Eddie

Ed
I have a tool tube fitted I just drilled the bottom through the cap and body and put a black self tapper screw in at the bottom you cannot get into without removing the screw so unless they come tooled up it will be safe enough.
Eddie

A cunning idea but how are you going to get the screw out if the screwdriver is in the tool tube? :augie

Just having a quick look on the pictures ( i can't see what i'm loking for), would these still fit in the absence of a GSA top box rack, and bolt straight onto the standard rear GSA rack??

Could the funky goose stickers be supplied also?? :augie

Just having a quick look on the pictures ( i can't see what i'm loking for), would these still fit in the absence of a GSA top box rack, and bolt straight onto the standard rear GSA rack??

Could the funky goose stickers be supplied also?? :augie

:thumb2 The brackets have been made in such a way that if you do not have a Topbox bracket, it would still fit onto the standard rack! :D

Free Goose Sticker supplied!

Awesome. I'd like dibs / to place an order for an Aluminium set please :augie (I intend to get them anodised black :thumb2).

Plus, If your over in September, I'd like a butchers at your crash bar bags...

Sold :augie

A set in ally please. I can wait if you are over in early sept. :thumb2

I see in your pictures that you use nylock nuts. Just make sure that the srews you use actually screws past the nylock for about 3 threads for it to work as a locking device or use dome nuts instead if you are worried about snagging your luggage on the protruding screw. My 2p worth.

I see in your pictures that you use nylock nuts. Just make sure that the srews you use actually screws past the nylock for about 3 threads for it to work as a locking device or use dome nuts instead if you are worried about snagging your luggage on the protruding screw. My 2p worth.

:thumb Already done matey - those were the first sets I was supplied - returned and 16mm S/S bolts purchased! Could not get the Torx heads, so those are Allenkey heads.
Well spotted though! :beerjug:

any plans for straight gs mounting?

I really want to add some tool tubes to my bike and your brackets look perfect for the job. Only snag is I have a non Adv gs. Any plans for a similar bracket? Cheers.

Stahlkoffer is selling Tooltubes (including fitting kit) for £25:00. We also supply two and three litre water/petrol/oil canisters complete with fitting kit and straps for £28:00.
For further details give Bernie a call on 07710 149 726
www.stahlkoffer.com

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom