Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BOOKED SOMETHING Different

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    Excellent.

Just don't get the pub rock/blues cover band thing myselk so great to have something different.

We didn't go to the Hamsters bit as we heard a bit from our tent and thought they were just the warm up act.

If you really fancy going for it one year, I can highly recommend King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys. One of the best live acts in the world IMHO.
    Haha, yeah, if you can afford them

We played shortly after them at a local venue to us. Their contract happened to be lying around. Their riders were worth more than what we were paid and the venue had to provide staff to cart all the gear around, free food, drink etc.

They are very very good, but they were paid £1200 for the gig + riders, and I'm going back probably 10 years. I'd hate to know what they cost now. They had a touch of fame when they did an ad on tv, so I guess their bill increased accordingly.

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

THE BLUES BROTHERS guys, just think a bit more theatrical, I`ll talk to our normal band maybe get them for the Friday evening, if not going for THE ROCKING BANDITS, after ELVIS

Quote Originally Posted by Flipfly View Post
    They are very very good, but they were paid £1200 for the gig + riders,
    BLUES BROTHERS are £1750 thats with there own P.A and lights.

Its important to me to put on a good show for attendess, must admit to liking the fact of telling people that THE HAMSTERS played our event, this year, even though maybe not up to scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by BAKERMAN View Post
    BLUES BROTHERS are £1750 thats with there own P.A and lights.

Its important to me to put on a good show for attendess, must admit to liking the fact of telling people that THE HAMSTERS played our event, this year, even though maybe not up to scratch.
    Like I say Steve, that was 10 years ago and before they got big. I think £1750 for an 8 peice with all their own equipment is not too bad (in the south that is!!).
    I remember being in a club in Stoke when a Brittany Spears tribute got on stage. Girl and three girl singers. She muttered some wannabe American accented crap and then mimed to the only 3 songs that people knew of brittany Spears. She was paid £600 for 20 minutes!!!!
    I thought that 4 lap dancers would have been cheaper and would have been far better to look at

Some bands seem to command enormous cash and others seem to struggle to get enough to cover beers, even though there is often little to choose between them.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Hamsters, saw them locally a few years ago and they were much better. Blue brothers should be great though, the music lends itself to drinking and dad dancing much better IMHO.

Always tough as you can do all the research, but it ain't necessarily what you will get on the night.

Thanks for all your efforts fella, had a great time and will be there next year for sure

Fat blokes bounce better

"The human race is being overun by muppets, it's like fraggle f*ckin rock down here!!!"

flipfly - Dec 2012

Dream Maker
    Steve

If you wanted something a bit different and wanted to help a young band, saw this lot http://www.myspace.com/coldheat at Brands hatch on Saturday night.

They were really good and their version of Crossroads was up there with the best. Really talented kids who play proper music

The frightening thing is they have all just done their GCSE's......
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fanum View Post
    I thought the Hamsters were great actually, although perhaps they lacked a little 'oooomph' without the normal front guy..
    Erm - that WAS their normal front guy - in fact the whole band was as per normal!

Balls to all these big flashy bands, what I want to know, is the one, the only Elvis going to be there again?

Chislehurst Borders (According to the estate agent)
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP View Post
    Balls to all these big flashy bands, what I want to know, is the one, the only Elvis going to be there again?
    I hope so, best thing about the Hograost for me is seeing the joy Dave the plumber's Elvis set brings to the Gateway members.

Would love to welcome back the Smokehouse Blues/Nocando if they can reconcile their creative differences and realise that they are at their best when the big hairy fella fronts them not the skinny twat on guitar/vocals. Don't know what he has over the others but it all smacks of my ball, my game and I'm playing the lead to me.

Oh and another forlorn vote for the house band/open mike, made for a chilled enjoyable, personable night.

and another

Quote Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
    I thought it was just me...

I was expecting more after all "big ups" posted. Seemed like just another pub band so i went back and stayed in the bar.
    plus one.dittoI cant say i was impressed by the hampsters.
    The Blues brothers is my fave film of all time,deffo comin now.
    I suppose you could always do a fancy dress comp with a blues brothers theme.
    I'll donate a prize for the best outfit.Paul

Stuff for sale:Al jesse panniers for a 1200 Air cooled.

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    Would love to welcome back the Smokehouse Blues/Nocando if they can reconcile their creative differences and realise that they are at their best when the big hairy fella fronts them not the skinny twat on guitar/vocals. Don't know what he has over the others but it all smacks of my ball, my game and I'm playing the lead to me.
    You've hit the nail squarely on the head there Judge.

When the Smokehouse Blues had the big guy singing they were excellent, especially with the sax player.

The skinny guy just doesn't cut it IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    Are you Mr Benn?

Quote Originally Posted by judge View Post
    'kin right - when they morph into NOCANDO, you can see most people drifting off and hoping they'll finish quickly and bring the hairy monster back out for another session as the Smokehouse Blues band.

I didn't realise there'd been a bit of argy bargy in the band, but they were far from their best at the 2010 'raost and seemed to finish very quickly, whereas previously they'd played for ages.

And another vote for the open mike stuff - Slimbo playing gob iron was brilliant!

Dream Maker
    Hey Bakes, what about these guys

www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Account removed
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad biker View Post
    I'll donate a prize for the best outfit.Paul
    I'm starting to worry about you and your dressing up

er hum

Quote Originally Posted by shready View Post
    Are you Mr Benn?
    showing yer age now shread...

All part of the fun

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by MGJ View Post
    I'm starting to worry about you and your dressing up
    I just need to see if Dave 's gonna wear his stillettos?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast