BOOKED SOMETHING Different

Is that for Saturday night, with the Hamsters on Friday, or to replace the Hamsters?

Whoop whoop

Well i was going to come along........but DEFINATLEY coming now! Put me down for 2 tickets!!:thumb

Oh dear, were they that bad

I thought it was just me...

I was expecting more after all "big ups" posted. Seemed like just another pub band so i went back and stayed in the bar. :beer:

Rawhide:clap:clap:clap:JB:JB:JB:hogroast:hogroast

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoUclFByysM&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LoUclFByysM&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I must admit the Hamsters were built up way beyond their actual performance.

I thought the Hamsters were great actually, although perhaps they lacked a little 'oooomph' without the normal front guy..

Would still love to see them next year :thumb2
These BB guys look good though.....nice one Steve :)

I don't think the hamsters were bad its just I could hear them from my tent so I opted to stay there and chat shit with Mort while drinking away.

Excellent.

Just don't get the pub rock/blues cover band thing myselk so great to have something different.

We didn't go to the Hamsters bit as we heard a bit from our tent and thought they were just the warm up act.

If you really fancy going for it one year, I can highly recommend King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys. One of the best live acts in the world IMHO.

Excellent.

Just don't get the pub rock/blues cover band thing myselk so great to have something different.

We didn't go to the Hamsters bit as we heard a bit from our tent and thought they were just the warm up act.

If you really fancy going for it one year, I can highly recommend King Pleasure and the Biscuit Boys. One of the best live acts in the world IMHO.

Haha, yeah, if you can afford them :blast:blast

We played shortly after them at a local venue to us. Their contract happened to be lying around. Their riders were worth more than what we were paid and the venue had to provide staff to cart all the gear around, free food, drink etc.

They are very very good, but they were paid £1200 for the gig + riders, and I'm going back probably 10 years. I'd hate to know what they cost now. They had a touch of fame when they did an ad on tv, so I guess their bill increased accordingly.

THE BLUES BROTHERS guys, just think a bit more theatrical, I`ll talk to our normal band maybe get them for the Friday evening, if not going for THE ROCKING BANDITS, after ELVIS :thumb

They are very very good, but they were paid £1200 for the gig + riders,

BLUES BROTHERS are £1750 thats with there own P.A and lights.

Its important to me to put on a good show for attendess, must admit to liking the fact of telling people that THE HAMSTERS played our event, this year, even though maybe not up to scratch.

BLUES BROTHERS are £1750 thats with there own P.A and lights.

Its important to me to put on a good show for attendess, must admit to liking the fact of telling people that THE HAMSTERS played our event, this year, even though maybe not up to scratch.

Like I say Steve, that was 10 years ago and before they got big. I think £1750 for an 8 peice with all their own equipment is not too bad (in the south that is!!).
I remember being in a club in Stoke when a Brittany Spears tribute got on stage. Girl and three girl singers. She muttered some wannabe American accented crap and then mimed to the only 3 songs that people knew of brittany Spears. She was paid £600 for 20 minutes!!!!
I thought that 4 lap dancers would have been cheaper and would have been far better to look at :D:D:D

Some bands seem to command enormous cash and others seem to struggle to get enough to cover beers, even though there is often little to choose between them.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Hamsters, saw them locally a few years ago and they were much better. Blue brothers should be great though, the music lends itself to drinking and dad dancing much better IMHO.

Always tough as you can do all the research, but it ain't necessarily what you will get on the night.

Thanks for all your efforts fella, had a great time and will be there next year for sure :thumb

Back
Top Bottom