BOOKED SOMETHING Different

Steve

If you wanted something a bit different and wanted to help a young band, saw this lot http://www.myspace.com/coldheat at Brands hatch on Saturday night.

They were really good and their version of Crossroads was up there with the best. Really talented kids who play proper music:thumb

The frightening thing is they have all just done their GCSE's......:eek:

I thought the Hamsters were great actually, although perhaps they lacked a little 'oooomph' without the normal front guy..
Erm - that WAS their normal front guy - in fact the whole band was as per normal!

Balls to all these big flashy bands, what I want to know, is the one, the only Elvis going to be there again?

Balls to all these big flashy bands, what I want to know, is the one, the only Elvis going to be there again?

I hope so, best thing about the Hograost for me is seeing the joy Dave the plumber's Elvis set brings to the Gateway members.

Would love to welcome back the Smokehouse Blues/Nocando if they can reconcile their creative differences and realise that they are at their best when the big hairy fella fronts them not the skinny twat on guitar/vocals. Don't know what he has over the others but it all smacks of my ball, my game and I'm playing the lead to me.

Oh and another forlorn vote for the house band/open mike, made for a chilled enjoyable, personable night.

and another

I thought it was just me...

I was expecting more after all "big ups" posted. Seemed like just another pub band so i went back and stayed in the bar. :beer:
plus one.dittoI cant say i was impressed by the hampsters.
The Blues brothers is my fave film of all time,deffo comin now.
I suppose you could always do a fancy dress comp with a blues brothers theme.
I'll donate a prize for the best outfit.Paul

Would love to welcome back the Smokehouse Blues/Nocando if they can reconcile their creative differences and realise that they are at their best when the big hairy fella fronts them not the skinny twat on guitar/vocals. Don't know what he has over the others but it all smacks of my ball, my game and I'm playing the lead to me.

You've hit the nail squarely on the head there Judge.

When the Smokehouse Blues had the big guy singing they were excellent, especially with the sax player.

The skinny guy just doesn't cut it IMHO.

'kin right - when they morph into NOCANDO, you can see most people drifting off and hoping they'll finish quickly and bring the hairy monster back out for another session as the Smokehouse Blues band.

I didn't realise there'd been a bit of argy bargy in the band, but they were far from their best at the 2010 'raost and seemed to finish very quickly, whereas previously they'd played for ages.

And another vote for the open mike stuff - Slimbo playing gob iron was brilliant!

Hey Bakes, what about these guys:D

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YZ7Pia5kt9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ditto the comments about the Hamsters, ditto the comments about the house-band/open mic thing on Friday night. But Blues Band look way good.

I'm still a Raost newbie: this will only be my third year. But of the two I've been to, I thought the setup in 2009, when the outside tables were near the foot of the stairs to the bar, created a much better atmosphere than having them across the track, as last year. IMO, having them near the stairs made the tables area and the balcony and bar feel like one connected place where it was all going on.
Remember the Margaritas table, and Chad anointing Geordie Grahams sunburn with lemon juice :beerjug::blagblah:friday

But looking forward to it wherever the bloody tables are!

I thought the setup in 2009, when the outside tables were near the foot of the stairs to the bar, created a much better atmosphere than having them across the track, as last year. IMO, having them near the stairs made the tables area and the balcony and bar feel like one connected place where it was all going on.

Well done, this is what I like, more input form the punters please ! :clap

Back
Top Bottom