Raffle

shugie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I missed the banter and rudery with the new style "pre-allocated" raffle. Might we have the usual shenanigans next year, or am I the only person daft enough to want this?

I missed the banter and rudery with the new style "pre-allocated" raffle. Might we have the usual shenanigans next year, or am I the only person daft enough to want this?

the idea was to keep the band playing, if you desperatly want it back then its back :(

It was certainly a much faster way of doing it......a big raffle could take an hour to do, with the fun banter (good fun) petering out after 20 minutes and the person drawing tickets getting fed up, crowd getting restless and the crap prizes towards the end being batched up, just to finish the damn thing off, so I think I can see why Steve went down this route this year.

How about a compromise?

Pick the best 5 prizes and draw the tickets for those live....ten mins tops, the banter and 'OOoo it's a fix' calls, good fun, then open up the table for the pre-allocated ones.

Best of both worlds...makes the raffle a feature but still not a bore but keeps it all going smoothly :thumb

It was certainly a much faster way of doing it......a big raffle could take an hour to do, with the fun banter (good fun) petering out after 20 minutes and the person drawing tickets getting fed up, crowd getting restless and the crap prizes towards the end being batched up, just to finish the damn thing off, so I think I can see why Steve went down this route this year.

How about a compromise?

Pick the best 5 prizes and draw the tickets for those live....ten mins tops, the banter and 'OOoo it's a fix' calls, good fun, then open up the table for the pre-allocated ones.

Best of both worlds...makes the raffle a feature but still not a bore but keeps it all going smoothly :thumb

Seems like a sensible compromise to me, in fact so sensible that it probably will never happen!

How about a compromise?

Fantastic idea thank you consider it done :clap

How about a compromise?

That'll do me. My voice gets sore after half an hour's booing and needs lubricating but I daren't venture to the bar in case the unexpected happens while I'm away. A good idea indeed Mr. Fanum. :clap

How about a compromise?

Good idea, especially after that 7 year old ended up with the pair of size 11 wellingtons.
How does a pre-drawn raffle ensure that under 18's don't win alcohol, knives or the like?

Good idea, especially after that 7 year old ended up with the pair of size 11 wellingtons.
How does a pre-drawn raffle ensure that under 18's don't win alcohol, knives or the like?

They normally bring their own.

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom