Tell us your tyre mileages.

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hopefully by seeing the same bikes and different wear rates with different tyres it will give some idea for those whose main concern is mileage and not grip.

Having said that, to me, they're all black and round. I didn't notice any difference between the Tourances and Trail Attacks regarding ..anything.

My 900 Yamaha Diversion.
Rear Bridgestone 020 9,150. Rear Bridgestone 021 8,500. Now trying a Michelin Road Pilot

1150 GS
Original Tourance, rear 12,000, front 16,000. Now trying Conti Trail Attacks.

On my 650 gs Im still on the orginal tyre when i brought the bike. 12,000 miles and still plenty of life in them. :)

JohnyBoxer, I use my bike for fun, as well as everyday transport, part of which is a motorway commute, so, not much stop start acceleration, which I believe is when the tyre gets most wear.

JohnyBoxer, I use my bike for fun, as well as everyday transport, part of which is a motorway commute, so, not much stop start acceleration, which I believe is when the tyre gets most wear.

You're right and I wish I could emulate those results.................hats off to you:thumb2

Mine is pleasure only and too many crests/bridges to get airborne in the Yorkshire Dales and Moors:blast

I have...

always used Tourances on my 1150GS and always exceeded 12,000+ both front and rear, am running Annake 2's at the moment and have just passed 7000 miles with prossible another 2-3000 with the remaining tread.....:D

At the present wear on the Annakes will be going back to Tourances...:D

I've run Trailmax's, Battlewings (new type), 020's & Azaro/ST's and they ALL seem to last me between 4-5,000 miles on the rear and about another 2,000 miles on the front.

They are replaced when they go off, not when they reach the legal min tread depth.

The longest lasting tyres I've used are currently still on the bike - Heidi K60's - 7,000 miles and still loads of tread. Handling is quite scarey though now that they are worn and I really must get some decent road tyres back on :mmmm

The Griso eats a Rensport rear in about 2,500 miles.

The Husky 610 wears Dunlop KR844 'wets' and I'm lucky to get 500 miles (all track based of course, never used on the road :augie) :D

Andres

R1150 GS

Tourances, Front 8000 (tread started to peel),
Rear 5500 squared off badly.

Avon Distanzias Front 6000 miles
(2sets) Rear 6000 miles

Michelin Pilot Road (1) Front 10,000 plus miles
Rear 8,000 miles

Pilot Road (2) Rear 3500 miles so far very badly
squared off ?

milages

Conti Trail Attack......just about to replace the rear after 8500....mainly because its a bit squared off and off the the continent next week. Stiil reckon i've got about 2.5mm of tread on it. Front seem to be holding on just fine. get an easy 10k out of i reckon

Conti Trail Attacks GS1200

I bought my Gs secondhand with 3,400 miles on it. Now cover 9,300 and rear Conti Attack gone down to 2mm. A bit squared off, so due to replace on Thursday - Replacign fron and back at same time - so Conti Trail Attacks again

2 x Battlewing rears, 5K on one and stretched to 5.5K on the other.

2 x Roadsmart rears, the first was trashed with a puncture after 1K and the second has 4.5K and I think will go to 6K, no more than that.

Not sure what to try next.....

I think part of the reason that different people get different milages is about what individuals consider a fully worn tyre.

I've never got near the minimum tread depth as I hate the feeling of a squared tyres so 6k is about it for rears, whatever te make and bike.

I think part of the reason that different people get different milages is about what individuals consider a fully worn tyre.

I've never got near the minimum tread depth as I hate the feeling of a squared tyres so 6k is about it for rears, whatever te make and bike.

Thats true, I go down the the legal limit, and doesn't bother me if a tyre sqaures of, can still throw it around! :)

The best I've got is from my kawasaki ER6f 17,000 on both front and rear. They where Bt-021. Evan on the last 1000 or so the tyre performed well, never felt like there wasn't any grip!

12000 out of a bike tyre only if it was on a trailer lucky to get 5000 out of a rear tried tourances anikees 021 thingys the new tourances the exp things now i like them but as i use the bike to go to work and i am always in a hurry 40 miles each way only 7 on motorway loads of overtaking on a and b roads but i seem to knock the middle out of them fronts last longer!
the only other thing is that the rear shock seems to be shot again so i suppose that dosent help.:mmmm

11,500 miles on my '09 GS and I'm on my 3rd rear Tourance EXP's, which won't last much longer. Replaced the front once and that's still OK. Must admit it's all fun mileage on twisty roads but a few more miles per tyre would be nice!
Picking up a new Adventure next tuesday (Hell Yeah!) wondering what it'll come with.

2001 1150 gs, 11,000m front and rear on Tourances. Mainly A & B roads. Changed both tyres at the same time as I was going on a long trip. The rear when I took it off had probably another 600m left quite squared off and the front an easy 1000m. Still got em in the garage just in case........:)

I got about 8500 out of the front and back OE Tourances, had the same tyres again and low and behold got about 8500 out them!

On my 3rd set now which have about 4500 miles on them still look ok but the back does seem to start stepping out when i gas it and i am leaning over, i like to think Doctor Rossi styleee but more like Doctor in A & E about to crasheee!!!

They are on a 1200 GS SE, which i only use for commuting mainly motorway but do the last 12 miles in London stop start stuff.

Back
Top Bottom