General Update regards trip/route/ferries

Riz Sauvage

Reaction score
Morning all.

Just to keep people in the loop, here's an update, with regards trip, ferry times, etc..

Basically, this is my itenerary.
Some people have planned their own route, with points of interest relevant to what they want out of the trip, others are happy to tag along, or go with the flow, so to speak, and that's fine, hence why I'm posting an update for those that are joining us.

The late departure lot (us) or the "Dunebusters" as we've been named have got another two joining us, I've been chatting to a chap currently in Africa, who looks set to join us here in the UK for departure on the 8th, and NYUK has booked his ferry passage too.

With regards ferry crossing to Africa, I have booked passage on the Acciona, from Algeciras - Cueta, departing Sept 11th, at 11:30am. and returning from Cueta on Sept 20th, at 14:00 (£69.47)

(Last week, Algeciras - Tangier Med was £65.00 online, now it's £99.00 hence choosing the Cueta route)

Arriving in Santander on the 9th, at midday, we have 630 miles to cover, easilly manageable.

Morocco: 10 days

Cueta - Chefchaouen - Ketama - Fés - Midelt (via Gorges du Ziz) - Erfoud - (dunes @ Erg Chebbi) - Erfoud - Tinerhir - Ouarzazate (via gorges du Todra & du Dades, and ) Stop-over at Bikershome (30 Euros bed, breakfast, & dinner, as well as a decent bath/shower. ) - Marrakech (via Kasbahs of Áit Benhaddou, & Telouét) - Kasba Tadla, (via Demnate & the Cascades d' Ouzoud) - Meknes, (Roman ruins at Volubis) - Ouazzane - Chefchaouen - Cueta.

That totals roughly 1303 miles, with mainly rough camping all the way, broken by the stop with Peter at Bikershome.
Once again, easilly done.

Back on the Ferry at 14:00 on the 20th, which allows good headway inland, before setting up camp, leaving 4 days to take a leisurely 1200 mile ride back over the Pyrennees to St Malo.

If you haven't already, don't forget to print off your temporary vehicle import forms, and a slack handfull of Fiches, they'll save you time at customs.

Any questions, just ask, or fire me off a pm.

checking over the weekend with the other guys regarding african crossing and rough route, we could be booking for the 8th to tang med but will let everone know. as for route we`re looking at a few routes that have been done on some of the minor roads down to fez then up over the atlas towards efound.kinda look similar so we`ll just see how it pans out . my omn personnel bit is wanting to travel one of the lesser routes in to zagora via oum jrane but i`m not pushing this as it may not suit,will update once things are abit more set

how much do you think the trip is going to cost?

Morning all.

Just to keep people in the loop, here's an update, with regards trip, ferry times, etc..

Basically, this is my itenerary.
Some people have planned their own route, with points of interest relevant to what they want out of the trip, others are happy to tag along, or go with the flow, so to speak, and that's fine, hence why I'm posting an update for those that are joining us.

The late departure lot (us) or the "Dunebusters" as we've been named have got another two joining us, I've been chatting to a chap currently in Africa, who looks set to join us here in the UK for departure on the 8th, and NYUK has booked his ferry passage too.

With regards ferry crossing to Africa, I have booked passage on the Acciona, from Algeciras - Cueta, departing Sept 11th, at 11:30am. and returning from Cueta on Sept 20th, at 14:00 (£69.47)

(Last week, Algeciras - Tangier Med was £65.00 online, now it's £99.00 hence choosing the Cueta route)

Arriving in Santander on the 9th, at midday, we have 630 miles to cover, easilly manageable.

Morocco: 10 days

Cueta - Chefchaouen - Ketama - Fés - Midelt (via Gorges du Ziz) - Erfoud - (dunes @ Erg Chebbi) - Erfoud - Tinerhir - Ouarzazate (via gorges du Todra & du Dades, and ) Stop-over at Bikershome (30 Euros bed, breakfast, & dinner, as well as a decent bath/shower. ) - Marrakech (via Kasbahs of Áit Benhaddou, & Telouét) - Kasba Tadla, (via Demnate & the Cascades d' Ouzoud) - Meknes, (Roman ruins at Volubis) - Ouazzane - Chefchaouen - Cueta.

That totals roughly 1303 miles, with mainly rough camping all the way, broken by the stop with Peter at Bikershome.
Once again, easilly done.

Back on the Ferry at 14:00 on the 20th, which allows good headway inland, before setting up camp, leaving 4 days to take a leisurely 1200 mile ride back over the Pyrennees to St Malo.

If you haven't already, don't forget to print off your temporary vehicle import forms, and a slack handfull of Fiches, they'll save you time at customs.

Any questions, just ask, or fire me off a pm.

How much do you think the trip will cost? Thanks markk

No idea mate, it will cost what it costs... Have card, will travel.

But on a more serious note, Ferries work out at 300, fuel roughly 300, and on top of that, anything else you want to spend on sundries, ie: food, B&B at Bikershome etc en route.

time to go

hi chaps, eventually an update. well we`re off in the am to head south, thats steve and myself(untill we meet up with paul and ewan),steve a little under the weather and me with a stab wound to the palm(6 inch file and self inflickted)not anything to write home about. anywho... as to where we`ll be, well once in spain its a southenly route via what ever we see till we get to the coast, i think about the 9th then we hope to cross then start to work our way to Fez ot Velloubes then after that over the atlas to the dunes and to be honest its a matrer of "see what may" we`re being rather open on our route depending on what we find out there, so if we meet i reckon it will be about the dunes but if we don`t then have a good one,i`ve got chad`s moby and i`ll keep you updated of where we are and you never know path could cross. anyway keep the sunny side up and have a good one.Happy Trails to one and all.............:thumb

hi chaps, eventually an update. well we`re off in the am to head south, thats steve and myself(untill we meet up with paul and ewan),steve a little under the weather and me with a stab wound to the palm(6 inch file and self inflickted)not anything to write home about. anywho... as to where we`ll be, well once in spain its a southenly route via what ever we see till we get to the coast, i think about the 9th then we hope to cross then start to work our way to Fez ot Velloubes then after that over the atlas to the dunes and to be honest its a matrer of "see what may" we`re being rather open on our route depending on what we find out there, so if we meet i reckon it will be about the dunes but if we don`t then have a good one,i`ve got chad`s moby and i`ll keep you updated of where we are and you never know path could cross. anyway keep the sunny side up and have a good one.Happy Trails to one and all.............:thumb

have a good one mate:beerjug:

I'm stuffing surprisingy bulky bike gear into a bag this weekend ready to fly out on tuesday.

It should be good...

Back
Top Bottom