Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road rides- anyone volunteering?

07875 304772

Road rides- anyone volunteering?

The off road rides seem to be developing nicely....

If there's anyone willing to lead a road ride ( or two) who know the area it would be appreciated

Tail end charlies welcome as well

I don't know the area that well but I could do a bit of a mystery tour like last year....it was a mystery to me as well

Not a great fan of group riding but would quite like a nice local route of about 100m or so. Anyone got one on a Garmin file?

Ending with a scone-based rendevouz, just to be social of ourse.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Not being a local lad, would be more than happy to join the road ride group thru the beautiful locale, as I've got road tyres...happy to be a tail end charlie if this helps
    Bounce

KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    KTM 400 EXC

I've a copy of last years road route that may be of interest -

I'll be leading the easy off road this year but here is the route I had planned for 2008 and the route we actually took.
    Attached Files Attached Files

07875 304772
    Thanks chaps... I'm sure someone will step in and take it on

Quote Originally Posted by PDiddy View Post
    I've a copy of last years road route that may be of interest -
    Yes please

Quote Originally Posted by MrIFan View Post
    I'll be leading the easy off road this year but here is the route I had planned for 2008 and the route we actually took.
    Thanks Mr I. Our EA rides tend to get a bit 'modified' along the way. Got praised for finding some great narrow lanes last year when leading in Suffolk. Didn't tell that I'd never seen them before

If we don't have a big pack rideout, how about a rendez vous somewhere about tea o'clock?

Hmm, the 08 route got modified along the way mainly due to the numbers!!
    My claim to fame is starting with 60ish bikes and finishing with 1 in tow
    Long story!!

Both the planed and actual route include some of the most scenic and narrowest lanes in the Peak, some are as close to off roading as you will get without actually off roading

Would love to arrange a meet up along the way but the nature of the ride I will be leading makes timing nigh on impossible!

Lets have a beer on the Friday night and it may all seem so much easier

Heres a ride out for Friday - the top road to the "dambuster dams" is shut Sat and Sun - you can only get to the second dam at weekends though - it is a lovely ride up there
    Also theres a nice pootle back
    Or invert the route and do it tuther way around
    Check out the mileage as some of the roads are on the single size so it will take time if yer on the steady side
    Best fish and chips is in the market place at Cromford 100yds off the main A6
    HTHY
    Attached Files Attached Files

Excellent routes everyone. I'm feeling a bit shamed and must put up some Norfolk/Suffolk ones for visitors in the EA section.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIFan View Post

Both the planed and actual route include some of the most scenic and narrowest lanes in the Peak, some are as close to off roading as you will get without actually off roading
    Bloody perfect for a fat coward like me.

Now... can I winkle Madame off the camp site for a whole day?

Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    Excellent routes everyone. I'm feeling a bit shamed and must put up some Norfolk/Suffolk ones for visitors in the EA section.

Bloody perfect for a fat coward like me.

Now... can I winkle Madame off the camp site for a whole day?
    I'd say that's a distinct possibility... Subject, of course, there being no deeply hungover Scotsmen who's very lives depend upon the ministration of Diet Irn Bru, paracetamol and coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Madame B View Post
    I'd say that's a distinct possibility... Subject, of course, there being no deeply hungover Scotsmen who's very lives depend upon the ministration of Diet Irn Bru, paracetamol and coffee
    Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming this year

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming this year
    I know. He's back from the Tyrol though. Thought he might have strudel overload and had to stop on.

Friday / Saturday Rides

Is there a road ride on Friday ? and is there a ride out saturday with a bit of site seeing involved ? the dam busters looked good but missed it last year.

Is there a ban on Hi Viz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast