Muffs, Gauchos and more 2010/11

Thankyou very much Val. fitted ok a bit fidley going over the heatde grip controller. Went for 160 miles ride yesterday. hands & fingers nice and warm. heated grips were on the low setting too:D:D:D:D:D awesome, Thanks again.
02012011166.jpg

02012011162.jpg

Tried mine out yesterday on my 1200GS. I got them used from a member on here. They're "as new".

Rather than get caught out, I thought I'd wear winter gloves.

TBH, I didn't think the muffs were keeping my hands warm at all. I needed the heated grips on low.

Then at 60mph I took my hand out to fiddle with my visor, and it was then that I realised that my muffs WERE keeping my hands warm.

I'll try them with summer gloves next time.

They're a FANTASTIC piece of kit.

Fitted the gaucho on Sunday, had a week's riding planned for the week visiting folks around the country.

Got as far as worcester when the gearbox failed. Bike is now installed chez Steptoe for repairs. For the couple of hours I was riding, it was brilliant.

Muffs arrived - thank you Val

Thanks Val for a speedy service - my Muffs arrived today, ready to be fitted at the weekend.
One question - what stops them filling up with rain when the bike is parked and the handlebars left in the locked position? They look like at least one open side would be facing slightly upwards. Have you come across this as a problem and if so, is there a solution?
Regards
Chris

Muffs are great:thumb2- had a few weeks with them fitted now, hands are dry and toasty. Plus, they have bedded in a bit and aren't so tight over the switch gear now, helped by bending the metal bracket more inwards towards the centre of the bike.

Money well spent, and saves the agonising decision when it's cold and wet as whether to leave the heated grips off and have cold dry hands or switch them on and have warm wet ones.

Cheers Val:beerjug:

Make A Radical Decision...

Thanks Val for a speedy service - my Muffs arrived today, ready to be fitted at the weekend.
One question - what stops them filling up with rain when the bike is parked and the handlebars left in the locked position? They look like at least one open side would be facing slightly upwards. Have you come across this as a problem and if so, is there a solution?
Regards
Chris

...And nugde the manus aperture towards terra firma if you think a touch of precipitation should prevail, and your problem will be eradicated. :thumb2

Regards
Chris

I've been using tucano muffs for 6 years and never had any fill up with water. Just angle them downwards, they aren't fixed solid.

Regards
Chris

Muffs are great:thumb2- had a few weeks with them fitted now, hands are dry and toasty. Plus, they have bedded in a bit and aren't so tight over the switch gear now, helped by bending the metal bracket more inwards towards the centre of the bike.

Money well spent, and saves the agonising decision when it's cold and wet as whether to leave the heated grips off and have cold dry hands or switch them on and have warm wet ones.

Cheers Val:beerjug:

...And nugde the manus aperture towards terra firma if you think a touch of precipitation should prevail, and your problem will be eradicated. :thumb2

I've been using tucano muffs for 6 years and never had any fill up with water. Just angle them downwards, they aren't fixed solid.

Yep what they said.

However I have had them fill up with water. Mine filled up over the course of three days of constant rain with six hours riding each day on the bike, chasing trainees. When the rain stopped if froze, leaving little ice rinks in each one.

The cause was not from leaving the bike out in the rain, but the water running down my sleeves over my gloves (which I tuck into the cuffs) and coming to rest in the bottom of the Muffs. In the end I took them off and dried them over the radiator.

I did think of cutting a drain hole in the muffs to allow the water to escape. But in the end I never bothered and this occurrence is so rare (once in five winters) it's not really necessary anyway.

Val.

So....Val.H. are you still selling these things, or shall I buy from Scooter Wear instead?

I am not a subscriber so can't pm you, but I would rather buy from you than elsewhere - but obviously, if to do so means I have a £12 subscription surcharge I will just buy from your competitors.

Buying Muffs & 'Shitebag' next Wednesday, let me know if you want the business.

So....Val.H. are you still selling these things, or shall I buy from Scooter Wear instead?

I am not a subscriber so can't pm you, but I would rather buy from you than elsewhere - but obviously, if to do so means I have a £12 subscription surcharge I will just buy from your competitors.

Buying Muffs & 'Shitebag' next Wednesday, let me know if you want the business.

Yep still here new thread for this year though. I've been offline for a few days while I sorted out a new PC after my laptop died.

Muffs are £48.00 Gaucho £105 Discount for both together. Price includes postage too.

Email me on valatlmc@hotmail.co.uk If I'm not too late that is. :thumb2

Val.

Why 'obviously' :nenau

'Obviously' you don't see the advantages of supporting such a useful place such as this :rolleyes:

For a full and comprehensive response to your comments please refer to my posts on the original GSClub Yahoo email group.

PS WTFAY?

Last edited:
Yep still here new thread for this year though. I've been offline for a few days while I sorted out a new PC after my laptop died.

Muffs are £48.00 Gaucho £105 Discount for both together. Price includes postage too.

Email me on valatlmc@hotmail.co.uk If I'm not too late that is. :thumb2

Val.

Not too late. Need both the muffs and Gaucho, will contact you tomorrow.

For a full and comprehensive response to your comments please refer to my posts on the original GSClub Yahoo email group.

Man I've really heard it all now :blast

Open your mouth...can you see light?
Your head's so far up your own arse it wouldn't surprise me Simon :thumb2

Not too late. Need both the muffs and Gaucho, will contact you tomorrow.

:thumb2 I'll be at work till 6pm ish. But if you want to get the ball rolling, (or if anyone else wants to tag on to this). Muffs and gaucho together are £145.00 including postage, assuming you are within the UK standard postal area. i.e. not in the Highlands, Islands or North or Southern Ireland. I accept payment through paypal to the email quoted valatlmc@hotmail.co.uk

Val.

Man I've really heard it all now :blast

Open your mouth...can you see light?
Your head's so far up your own arse it wouldn't surprise me Simon :thumb2

Indeed .... and I suppose it being over a decade now, I will have to let it all go and just join up. However, on a Tuesday night, after darts, and suitably tanked up, I just can't help reminiscing ;)

Back
Top Bottom