GS Pro boots vs. Sidi Adventure?

D K

Reaction score
Looking to invest in a good set of boots.
REally like the Adventure because of it's plain look, but the GS Pro looks a bit more protection.

Any thoughts?

D

REally like the Adventure because of it's plain look, but the GS Pro looks a bit more protection.

Any thoughts?

D

Its a comfort thing and also a question of 'horses for courses'. The BMW Rallye GS could withstand a nuclear blast at 2 miles but they are very tall, quite stiff and unbending although they will put up with any amount of off-road rocks bashes and tumbles. The Sidi Adventures are much, much more comfortable, totally waterproof and will dimisss with disdain anything that you would want of them under normal road usage.

If you want Charley & Euan style world-girdling flash, then the Rallye GS are the boot for you. If you want stylish ruggedness and the best designed buckles ever (true works of art and function), get the Sidi boots. One last thing, the above comments are based on personal experience of both boots and are thus highly subjective. :D

IIRC, the chaps wore Sidi Flexforce SRS on the LWR. Dunno about the LWD.....:nenau

Indeed they did.....:thumb2.........but I only meant 'in the style of Charley and Euan'. I seem to remember that Euan still had the Sidi boots in LWD but Charley wore some desert boot thingies. :confused:

Any thoughts?

D

I had a pair of GS boots and sold them 4 weeks later. For my taste and riding, they are way to stiff and a PITA to put on and take off.

Got a pair of SIDI Adventure Rain Boots and love them. Just completed a 6k mile trip through Alaska and Canada in them. Very nice :thumb2, good protection, waterproof, easy on/off.

Again, my $0.02 on the subject :nenau

I had a pair of GS boots and sold them 4 weeks later. For my taste and riding, they are way to stiff and a PITA to put on and take off.

that's bang on ........... sold mine a few weeks after purchase too:eek: and settled for some Daytona Travel Star GTX after a recomendation, there like a pair of slippers and would buy another pair without question. I would add that i do only a smalll amount of off roading and as such these boots suit my needs perfectly.:D

Shit...

Was hoping for someone who's seen them both....let alone people who have owned both.
Thanks for the replies!

Guess which boots I'm getting???:clap

Now, do I buy them in the UK and have them shipped to me in Greece, or hope to find a dealer here??:confused:

Shit...

Was hoping for someone who's seen them both....let alone people who have owned both.
Thanks for the replies!

Guess which boots I'm getting???:clap

Now, do I buy them in the UK and have them shipped to me in Greece, or hope to find a dealer here??:confused:

Yes.........:thumb

I was holding a pair of GS Pro's just an hour ago!
I wanted them so badly, but just knew that in the real world they are not practical.
Beside's, the old Sidi Couriers still have a couple of decades left in them!

I have a pair of each. As others have said it's horses for courses. If I'm offroading then it's the GS's. Brilliant protection against most things (though not all!). If I'm touring or even light trail riding it's the Sidi's. Waterproof, comfortable and hopefully as good protection as I'll need. Good luck with your purchase.

Ive got th Adventure....Simply the best boots Ive ever had in 25 years.....buy them

I have a pair of each. As others have said it's horses for courses. If I'm offroading then it's the GS's. Brilliant protection against most things (though not all!). If I'm touring or even light trail riding it's the Sidi's. Waterproof, comfortable and hopefully as good protection as I'll need. Good luck with your purchase.

The GS Pro's are Forma Dominiator comp boots with BMW branding on them.
But as the GS boots look better and the price is much the same, it makes no odds.
Yet to hear a bad thing about the Sidi Adventure . . apart from them being the wrong side of £250 of course! :eek

Back
Top Bottom