schuberth c3

Oldrat - thanks v m for the tip. I saw that elsewhere and tried it but it just won't work on my visor hence the spreadfingered tip to MarkyRR.........

Thanks for all the input guys.....looking forward to mine arriving. Does anyone have the link for the 'insulating tape' trick. I'm sincerely hoping it doesnt leak, as I've never had a helmet do that in almost 20 years of motorcycling! If it does and there's a fix for it, I guess it wouldn't be too bad....if a little disappointing - we'll see come the weekend, looking at the weather forecasts for this week!!

Thanks for all the input guys.....looking forward to mine arriving. Does anyone have the link for the 'insulating tape' trick. I'm sincerely hoping it doesnt leak, as I've never had a helmet do that in almost 20 years of motorcycling! If it does and there's a fix for it, I guess it wouldn't be too bad....if a little disappointing - we'll see come the weekend, looking at the weather forecasts for this week!!

post No 36 on this one

Jeez...........I see so much negative press for the C3 it is a wonder anyone buys them.

Buy a Multitec as you rarely see anything bad about them (ok I know they are missing the drop down sun visor)

Ok, its arrived (well, the 2nd one has arrived - ordered an 'L' and an 'XXXL' turned up!).

Really chuffed, but have one question......has anyone else taken their's out of the box and found the sun visor 'misty'? I noticed it on the XXXL aswell as my one that turned up today. I've given it a clean with warm water, but then read the destruction manual and it suggested it could be jusst from storage.....anyone shed any light on that for me please?

Going to leave it all in the 'open' position overnight and give it a run out to work in the morning to see what I think properly......looking forward to it.

They do feel a nice quality lid though :thumb

How do you like it, then, MarkyRR? I hope you're pleased as a......

Steve, I did email you and I would sell mine if you want it.

I like many others have spent a lot of money on this helmet and as I use my bike 6 days a week I cannot afford to buy another helmet to enable 'repairs' to my 'expensive' helmet. How much talent is needed to spray a helmet with water and watch the streams run down the inside of the visor? I rode my bike from Durham to Kings Lynn this morning setting off at 4am. It rained and as normal this helmet allowed water ingress to the inside of the visor. Very annoying.
I would like Schuberth not to leave everything up to re-sellers and actually accept and replace such helmets as policy.

My Shoei Raid does that when i have the clear on it, when i switch to the Black visor no leaks at all and it becomes quieter. Has anyone tried the Shoei Multitec as i'm considering the C3 or Multitec

How do you like it, then, MarkyRR? I hope you're pleased as a......

Steve, I did email you and I would sell mine if you want it.

Loud as hell no matter what I do with the screen etc. Very disappointed so far. Have emailed the dealer to see what he says...."bike it" probably :(

As a follow up to the above.....when I stand on the pegs, getting my head fully inrto the airflow, the helmet is almost silent! Incredible! Also can't feel any buffeting/turbulence up there either. Unfortunately, I'm not prepared to ride every time standing up! I'm going to experiment in the next couple of days with adjusting my screen heights (gaffer tape to try different heights).

Hopefully I'll get somewhere with it!

Wish me luck!

Just another update.....not heard a word back from the dealer. I've also tried both tall & normal screens in a variety of positions (gaffa taped on :) ) and still not really any better. I've even removed the screen entirely, which is the best from a noise point of view, but its still too loud to use without plugs......also, I can't see the point of having a bike like this without a screen on it!

Still no better on the dark visor thing either.....today was terrible out in the sun...goes from 'fog' to sun 'streaks' across it. Dangerous, I'd say.

I can't really think what else I can do :( What a waste of £340. Guess I should be pleased I didnt waste £450+ on the thing.

Oh well, ebay I guess :nenau

Try a Shark Evoline Series 2.

Up until the Shark the C2 is the only helmet I've ever had to be genuinely all day comfy - guess I have a Schuberth shaped head.

Bought from sportsbikeshop.com who will exchange a helmet very quickly just so long as it's unmarked and has all packaging and stickers still attached. I swapped my first for a lager size within days after a extended comfort test in the front room.

The largest size was a nice tight fit on me yet gives no pain or redness after 3 hrs. I did however remove a foam pad [approx 5mm thick] from the forehead rather than wait for the helmet to 'settle'.

For my Schuberth shaped head the Evoline is probably going to be as comfortable as my two previous Schuberth flips but tighter which is a good thing - yes?

Buggered if I can see any quality advantage that justifies the C3s' greater price though the Evoline is a heavy helmet and not the quietest.

The ability to become a genuine jet helmet with a visor useable in that configuration is a massive plus.

The Evoline and sportsbikeshop.com are both highly recommended.

Try a Shark Evoline Series 2.

Up until the Shark the C2 is the only helmet I've ever had to be genuinely all day comfy - guess I have a Schuberth shaped head.

Bought from sportsbikeshop.com who will exchange a helmet very quickly just so long as it's unmarked and has all packaging and stickers still attached. I swapped my first for a lager size within days after a extended comfort test in the front room.

The largest size was a nice tight fit on me yet gives no pain or redness after 3 hrs. I did however remove a foam pad [approx 5mm thick] from the forehead rather than wait for the helmet to 'settle'.

For my Schuberth shaped head the Evoline is probably going to be as comfortable as my two previous Schuberth flips but tighter which is a good thing - yes?

Buggered if I can see any quality advantage that justifies the C3s' greater price though the Evoline is a heavy helmet and not the quietest.

The ability to become a genuine jet helmet with a visor useable in that configuration is a massive plus.

The Evoline and sportsbikeshop.com are both highly recommended.

My brief trial of a Shark Evoline led me to believe that it was

a) a closer and better fit than my C3
b) a right barsteward for spectacles wearers
c) quality did not feel as good as my C3

Not tried it on the bike though, so can't vouch for auto-closing visor or leaky visor problems reported with some C3s.

b) a right barsteward for spectacles wearers
c) quality did not feel as good as my C3

Yep, you've a point about specs. I removed the small pads adjacent to the glasses arm and it's still pretty snug with the trendy heavier framed glasses though. It's impossible to don the helmet with glasses on which was possible with the C2.

There's a potential £180 price differential between these two lids and IMO, quality wise, the C2 dosen't justify that size cash premium especially after reading about the many problems.

For fit and true 'Jet' performance the Sharks worth a look if your bonce is the right shape. If you found the C2 comfortable then the Shark is a option worth considering.

Also, and it may be the less than petite nose I'm blessed with, anyone trying the Shark should make sure the sun visor does not hit their nose when fully lowered 'cause it gets very close to mine.

Why would you ride without earplugs..?

If the helmet was quiet enough, I'd not wear them. I've always worn them with my Arai's, and wanted to get away from them if I could. That's what I thought the C3 would achieve. I know it doesnt take a huge amount of time to put them in, but it is a bit of a pain every time I put the helmet on.

I bought a custom earplug kit earlier in the year and thought they'd be better, but although they seemed to 'set' etc ok, once cured properly, they seemed like they'd shrunk, so it was like not wearing them at all!

I'd like to have another go at custom ones, can anyone give me any assurances that a professionally made set fit really well, etc? I'm loathed to waste even more money!

MarkyRR - real shame that you don't like the helmet. I thought I'd be the lone voice! We ought to have a beer.....

But.....Earplugs: This is truly from the heart, a plea, a sermon, I beg you... use good earplugs. I'd never ride without them; if I never offer this world anything at all (and I ain't got much) please at least think on this. Hearing damage will probably take the form of tinnitus. And tinnitus, believe me, is a complete, utter, unmitigated sod. You cannot get rid of it and it's a life-altering horribleness. And I know, I suffer. Why? Probably riding too many bikes back then......a long time ago!.....and now no campanologist can hold a light to what's going on in my head, it's an absolute nightmare with nowhere to go, the worst sort of torture until you learn to live with it. Please, please wear earplugs. Good ones, if they save your hearing, are worth their weight in Gadaffi's hidden Swiss bank accounts. I eventually had some musician's earplugs made by some folks called Elacin back in the days when it was all new technology and I still have them and use them. And it makes such a difference (but the damage was already done). No money can replace your hearing. Have a look at http://elacin.com/en/product/62/Elacin-CH24, it seems that Elacin are still going and I'm sure there are plenty of others these days. I think they do several types and they aren't cheap but if they save your hearing you'll never know just how cheap they were. Anything, anything, is better than bad tinnitus.......ah, sermon over, make way for a pint.........

MarkyRR - there's an earplug thread going on just below this C3 discussion........seems that you can get moulded plugs much cheaper these days.

Jon, like I said somewhere above, I've worn them for as long as I've been riding bikes (pretty much). I thought I'd found the holy grail with the C3 being quiet enough to not need the plugs. I fully understand about the issues that over exposure to noises can lead to, from a couple of family members, sadly.

I'm just trying to make my commute, etc more 'effiecient'....ie not having to swap visors, not worry about earplugs, etc....I know it doesn't take long individually, but it sometimes becomes a little tedious. If I could get some properly made custom ones, then I'd wear them as they would be easy to 'wedge' in there, lid on, and away. The foam ones (and all non-custom ones), you have to roll, the press them in, wait for them to expand enough, etc etc. Then nothing more infuriating than getting 100yds along the road and realising 1 of them hasn't seated properly!

Maybe I'll have a look at the guys who are always at the NEC bike show...they seem to have a good deal going, looking at the normal prices.

:)

Back
Top Bottom