schuberth c3

Sorry if I was OTT, Marky, it's a bit close to my heart this one. My custom earplugs are great, bung them in, world goes quiet(er), forget about them. No probs with putting helmet on at all, they fit right down the ear canal and don't protrude so stay in place. And my rationale for the C3 was exactly the same. If you're up on the A40 any time (just past Burford) let me know for a beer or a cuppa. J

If the helmet was quiet enough, I'd not wear them. I've always worn them with my Arai's, and wanted to get away from them if I could. That's what I thought the C3 would achieve. I know it doesnt take a huge amount of time to put them in, but it is a bit of a pain every time I put the helmet on.

I bought a custom earplug kit earlier in the year and thought they'd be better, but although they seemed to 'set' etc ok, once cured properly, they seemed like they'd shrunk, so it was like not wearing them at all!

I'd like to have another go at custom ones, can anyone give me any assurances that a professionally made set fit really well, etc? I'm loathed to waste even more money!

Yes i can give you that assurance. I have a set of molded ear plugs which have lasted since December 2009. Once fitted they stay put and fit well. I got mine from an audiologist in doncaster, he took a molding of my ear canal and sent them to a company in Banbury,( ASC i think) when they came back i was not sure of a correct fit.BUT i realised that it was because they fitted well all over, giving just a little pressure in the ear canal. Rather than a lot of pressure like roll up foam ones.

I got custom ear plugs made (£130 worth) and they fit so comfortably I forget they're there. Unfortunately, even with the quietest filters they are not as quiet as cheapy foam ones.

My C3 has just come back from another warranty repair - this time a whole new SRC was fitted. Nice to have music and mobile phone connectivity back (3hrs a day in the saddle) but I still think it could have been made better.

.......Unfortunately, even with the quietest filters they are not as quiet as cheapy foam ones......

Bloody hell, really?? I was hoping that they'd be an absolute revelation when I got them done!

Maybe I should just stick to my 50 pairs for £8 (or however much they are now) foam cheapies :(

the quietest foam ones I've found are the GT-Moto yellow ones which you can get from Halfords.

Back
Top Bottom