Said goodbye.......

The Mechanic

To my lovely German friend on Friday evening, her new owner rode her quietly away to Shropshire. She will undergo some mods and have a new reg. no. and alli panniers along with possibly a larger fuel tank. He's on his third GS now so knows the ropes but not this site, so I put him straight. Anyway the clubs name is on the beak!

No, I'm not sad because I have a new 'Latin' lover to fondle and fiddle with. Aprilia RST1000 Futura.......can I still come and play....on the flat bits that is....none of yer submarine antics....hold on if its swimming then I'll come on the Pegaso.:D ::

Said goodbye to the bike not this club.

Hadn't planned on leaving this club as there is a great bunch of people here and the talk and info is good. Just won't have a BMW anymore until......!!!? :)

You'll soon tire of your Italiano cherry.

You know it won't be long before she looks like her mother, or worse still, your brother.

Still, have fun, see you soon.

Jamie

Re: Said goodbye to the bike not this club.

The Mechanic said:
Hadn't planned on leaving this club as there is a great bunch of people here and the talk and info is good. Just won't have a BMW anymore until......!!!? :)

I was refering to the bike not the club...

Hold on son shine!

Jamie said:
You'll soon tire of your Italiano cherry.

You know it won't be long before she looks like her mother, or worse still, your brother.

Still, have fun, see you soon.

Jamie

Ahem, Sophia Loren didn't turn into a 'black widow', and I suspect that my Futura could only put weight on if I do, we'll see eh!:)

will have to give you mr matrons e mail address... you can start your own spin off...
the Italian owners club (who secretly like to ride GS's but won't admit it)

by the way...his MV is named after Sophia Loren........ stylish, classic sleek and Italian
The Ducati is named afte Gina Lollobrigida... an unpredictable flighty Italian piece.....

(the Triumph is called Bridget)

have fun...but keep away from Jamies bike...if the RST falls on it...i think you might be more damaged than the last time.......

Hmmm........

Matron said:
will have to give you mr matrons e mail address... you can start your own spin off...
the Italian owners club (who secretly like to ride GS's but won't admit it)

by the way...his MV is named after Sophia Loren........ stylish, classic sleek and Italian
The Ducati is named afte Gina Lollobrigida... an unpredictable flighty Italian piece.....

(the Triumph is called Bridget)

have fun...but keep away from Jamies bike...if the RST falls on it...i think you might be more damaged than the last time.......

Depends who I fall on?;) :rolleyes: :eek:

No sticky out parts.......!

Good lord if my indicators fall off then the mirrors will have gone to as the indicators are mounted in the front of the mirror heads. Should the backs fall off then the 'underseat' exhaust and rear bodywork will have fallen off to as again the indicators are fully faired in.

Come over and take a look, you'll be most welcome.:)

My mate at work had one of the first Futura's in the country - a metallic orange one.

It certainly is different - only its mother would love it :)

He sold it after 5 months and bought a blue/white 1150gs from SPC. Then he sold that after 6 months and bought a F650.

He was a bit strange

Maybe I fit the bill!

motomartin said:
My mate at work had one of the first Futura's in the country - a metallic orange one.

It certainly is different - only its mother would love it :)

He sold it after 5 months and bought a blue/white 1150gs from SPC. Then he sold that after 6 months and bought a F650.

He was a bit strange

I for one would not buy an orange bike let alone mandarin coloured. Thats why I had a blue and white GS.......hey I do fit the bill, but I already own a 650 single...well on the way then.

In all seriousness, I couldn't cope with the agriculturalness of the GS it just wasn't my style, thats a personal pespective and I do not wish to offend any other GS owners..each to their own.

Now we know the GS ain't THE most handsome machine on the planet so why take a dig at my gorgeous underseat exhaust carrying Brembo braked singlesided swinging arm triple head lighted multi-programmeable ECU non jerk non rattling non clunking Italian beauty....I've seen the mother and she ain't no black widow woman either....she's a Mille.

;)

How fast it go mister?

Busy this weekend? Just might nip over for a cuppa on Sunday then, weather permitting.

Sorry Tony - wasn't saying i didn't like it - just that it was a 'bit strange'.

I'm sure its just ' ahead of its time' ;)

Things that seem to put the conservative uk bike buying public off are things that are not mainstream - as you' d know.
The Futura is certainly not mainstream, although there are hints of the latest VFR in it - or vice-versa - so i guess it will become more accepted.

but the sales figures seem to say that uk public don't like it - for whatever reason.

His rear wheel bearings leaked grease all over the nice swingarm after 1000 miles, then failed a while later.
Warranty claims weren't dealt with swiftly or helpfully either - but that may have been a dealer issue - he wasn't impressed - but this is only a one off case from my point of view.

Hope it all goes well.

be careful when you wash it, especially with the instruments as if they are the same as RSV Mille ones, they do amazing things when they get wet...... I've seen over 900mph indicated on mine at the same time as having a full house of warning lights!!!! :D :D I've had one for the day whilst my mille was being serviced and it was very enjoyable to ride.......

You said it....

schnauzer said:
be careful when you wash it, especially with the instruments as if they are the same as RSV Mille ones, they do amazing things when they get wet...... I've seen over 900mph indicated on mine at the same time as having a full house of warning lights!!!! :D :D I've had one for the day whilst my mille was being serviced and it was very enjoyable to ride.......

To err qoute you 'and it was very enjoyable to ride' sums it all up really. Floats my boat everytime I ride it.;) :) :D

Quite fast in fact..sonny!

Jamie said:
How fast it go mister?

Busy this weekend? Just might nip over for a cuppa on Sunday then, weather permitting.

Sorry if we missed you on Sunday but you are welcome over anytime...we're in!

How fast...hmmmm now let me see, various bike mags have tested the Futura over a period of time and the last one was Bike in Dec. 2003 they had it at something like 160+mph ahem! But I like to think about the way it makes speed or rather accelerates sooooo smoooooothly with glitch free gearbox. I reckon that a good Futura would probably (in the right conditions) make 150/155 but its academic really, anything over the ton (chasing Mark again are we?)is plenty (plenty of chances to get banned).

Last Monday I did some running in mileage (350) with a 10 minute stop for fuel ....and a p*ss and another 15 min stop when I arrived at my destination. On the return I had to go via Derby (well someone has to) to collect something at Costco so I got involved in all the lovely traffic jams that proliferate around the ring road. Not really tired or uncomfy during all that ride, slight (right) wrist ache ....from riding.... and I'm left handed anyway so there! Overall very pleased with my Latin lurve machine.

Look forward to your visit.:)

Hold on....

richie said:
Heaven forbid but you could always post a piccie for us to look at. PLEASE...

I've only just got a digital thingy and still need to get to grips with the wee beasty, in the mean time try for other Futuras here:
www.apriliaforum.com
then go done to the RST1000 section there are loads of Americans posing for you to look at.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom