Verns Worldbeaters, lids and liners

Packer

Appreciating Scotland
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this so if it's wrong mods please move it.

I've just got a set of 10" Worldbeaters from that very nice chap Vern. I love the fact that the lids are easily removable but found that with the right one as I unclipped it with my right hand and opened it with the left the lid would slide off the hinges. After I had done this three times and dropped the lid twice I decided that a little mod was in order. Here it is:-

Standard

DSCF0006.jpg

About 85mm length of semi- rigid plastic tube 8mm ID

DSCF0007.jpg

Cut it about half way along the length

DSCF0008.jpg

Slide into place

DSCF0009.jpg

Job done

DSCF0010.jpg

Very easy to do and equally easy to remove to take the lid off when I want to and not by accident.

I'll find a nice bit of tube to replace the gash compressed air remnant currently in use.

I also wanted bags to fit into these boxes but a search revealed nothing. A bit of lateral thinking and AltaVista (I'm fed up with Google keep trying to install tool bars and flog me Chrome) brought me to sports bags. A Cathedral Shoe Bag is great for the bottom of the box, the shape even roughly follows the contour of the box. An Adidas BTS Medium Team Bag is almost perfect to fit on top of the shoe bag and will fill the box to lid level, maybe into the lid space if I really fill it up. Not water proof but the boxes are so no problem. Readily available and cheapish. The two cost me £25ish for the one side and I'm sure that if I'd bought from the net I'd have got them cheaper but I wanted to be able to test them for fit.

I'll see how they work out.

Back
Top Bottom