A UKGSer Trackday anyone?

Greggers

Reaction score
Wimborne: The centre of my known Universe.
I'm thinking of trying to organise a trackday at Castle Combe next month ...

For anyone who's wondered what the bike will do, or how far they can go ...:augie it's an ideal opportunity to give your bike some proper beans...

Castle Combe is a nice little circuit, as challenging as you want it to be - easy to get to and - dare I say - more suited to a GS than a lot of the other 'competitive' circuits... That's not to say it can't be fast, having seen a couple of BSB boys whanging round there at the Bike Aware day earlier this year I can appreciate that it can be as fast as you make it...

Castle Combe are independent, and run their own days slightly differently to the likes of Hotrax or FE in that they run 15 minute sessions with a maximum of 12 bikes in each group, so there's plenty of space and not too many bikes in one place at the same time!

The last day they're doing this year is October 6th - I'm hoping to be able to generate enough interest to 'buy' a whole group of 12, but need to commit by the end of next week.

If you're interested please drop me a message or call me on 07970 635347 for more details. Price will be £125.00 for the day, but bear in mind that you will need one-piece or two-piece zipped leathers!

Greg

Check the linky below for more details...

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/trackdays/bikeinformation.asp

I'll be in on the proviso I can still get into my leathers.
Or there's a fatter twat out there who'll lend me a set.

Bring it on:thumb

And do take note of aftermarket cans and Castle Combe's strict noise limits :augie

Was hoping to do one before the end of the season but a slipping clutch and probably new front suspension puts that off until next year :tears

aaargh ... ONE PIECE OR TWO-PIECE ZIPPED LEATHERS !!

Noise limit is 105dB @ 75% max RPM .. My 800 with a Beowulf and no baffle :augie came out at 101dB:confused:

Castle Combe is close to Chippenham, junction 18 of M4 (with A46)

This is a great opportunity to just ..."Have a go!"

Greg

Sadly ... yup it's leathers .. elf'n'safety bollocks lol...

Speaking of bollocks, I have a second set of zip-up leathers in a 56 (to fit a 36 waist and 44ish chest) if anyone's keen but leatherless... can be borrowed if your bollocks aren't too sweaty :augie

G

So, just to confirm...

...your OP Greggers.

Is it the 6th Oct that you are going for?

Could be good for me but need to confirm some other stuff in the mean time and will pay attention here to see what happens.

I look forward to getting those leathers on again, :augie

Hiya Ditch ...

Yup - that's the plan at the moment - Ideally I/we can book a whole group so there's not going to be any real flyboys... but I might throw a token lap in on my GS8 ... or the GSXR :toungincheek

There's at least two others so far from my locale, hopefully more.. will report later!

Greg

I'm thinking of trying to organise a trackday at Castle Combe next month ...

For anyone who's wondered what the bike will do, or how far they can go ...:augie it's an ideal opportunity to give your bike some proper beans...

Castle Combe is a nice little circuit, as challenging as you want it to be - easy to get to and - dare I say - more suited to a GS than a lot of the other 'competitive' circuits... That's not to say it can't be fast, having seen a couple of BSB boys whanging round there at the Bike Aware day earlier this year I can appreciate that it can be as fast as you make it...

Castle Combe are independent, and run their own days slightly differently to the likes of Hotrax or FE in that they run 15 minute sessions with a maximum of 12 bikes in each group, so there's plenty of space and not too many bikes in one place at the same time!

The last day they're doing this year is October 6th - I'm hoping to be able to generate enough interest to 'buy' a whole group of 12, but need to commit by the end of next week.

If you're interested please drop me a message or call me on 07970 635347 for more details. Price will be £125.00 for the day, but bear in mind that you will need one-piece or two-piece zipped leathers!

Greg

Check the linky below for more details...

http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/trackdays/bikeinformation.asp

Hi i am interested if you can get the booking.:)

Sadly ... yup it's leathers .. elf'n'safety bollocks lol...

Speaking of bollocks, I have a second set of zip-up leathers in a 56 (to fit a 36 waist and 44ish chest) if anyone's keen but leatherless... can be borrowed if your bollocks aren't too sweaty :augie

G

ah, bugger, have to be next year then. fancy a track day, just putting some new road tyres on the gs tomorrow too.

I'd love to do another track day but Castle Coombe is too far for me. :( I do have a two piece set of leathers in Kawasaki colours if anybody needs to borrow them. :nenau

Track Day

I've just bought a new 1200GS and I'm dying to see what it can do compared to my old K1200R. The track is a great place to safely test your bike and and improve your skills. I'm definitely in. Please let me know if you need a credit card etc.

Steve - steve@sunriseroofing.co.uk 07908763007

Leathers & Noise

I’ve attended a few track days this year at Castle Combe. Just watching my mates go round because my S1000RR failed the noise test.:blast

Two of my mates wore cordura/fabric suits by Heingericke/Dainese :thumb2. The marshals didn’t bat an eye. There only concern seems to be NOISE:mad:.

I’d like to take my GSA round there, but I don’t want to waste £125 again only to be told my bike is too loud, bugger off.:nenau

I currently have Remus headers and Akra can fitted. But I suppose I could put the OEM can back on….still wouldn’t guarantee passing the noise test though.:confused:

Last time I rode Castle Combe was 2006, when I binned my ZX10R and wrote it off.:augie

Mybe i'll nip along to the next session and have them test my GSA before i book it.

:Motomartin

Guys,

I work at the circuit 2 days a week and yes - noise is the biggy. Marshalls are not that hot on scruitineering, I would guess you would be ok on clothing with full zip together.

Re noise, the best advice is get along on a day when the track is running (there is noise testing EVERY time non circuit vehicles hit the track).

Cheers

Rob

Back
Top Bottom