To the Alps and back - Photo Diary

skyenet

Reaction score
Just thought that I would post up some pics of our recent trip around Europe. Bit different travelling with an eleven year old as the itinerary had to be a mixture of things to suit us both. When I first mentioned the trip Skye did say"Do we have to go on the bike?" but only a few days into the trip she said she was glad we did.

We were lucky that the weather was good and for the majority of the trip, including leaving SCotland, we were dressed in mesh riding gear. This worked very well and rarely did hot, especially once we were on the move. Just had lightweight waterproofs bungeed to the top of our panniers. Luckily we hardly had to use them.

Most accommodation was booked in advance, however we left a few days free for change. Used booking.com for last minute bookings and this worked great. Paid between €35 to €99 a night for B&B for us both. Used TESCO vouchers for both our Eurotunnel Fares and our entrance to Euro Park theme park. Bought a Swiss Half price rail card which meant tourist trains in Switzerland were half price for myself and free for Skye. I think our total cost for the holiday was around £2000 over a month.

Europe2010TripPresentation001.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation002.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation003.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation004.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation005.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation006.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation007.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation008.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation009.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation010.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation011.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation012.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation013.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation014.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation015.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation016.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation017.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation018.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation019.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation020.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation021.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation022.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation023.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation024.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation025.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation026.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation027.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation028.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation029.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation030.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation031.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation032.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation033.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation034.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation035.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation036.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation037.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation038.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation039.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation040.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation041.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation042.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation044.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation045.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation046.jpg

Europe2010TripPresentation047.jpg

A great trip. Thanks for taking the trouble to post it all up. Lots of possible ideas for other people, too. :thumb2

yes your right you don't know whats around the corner circumstances like that make you think that way. Life is to short :(

A month away fantastic :thumb2 great pictures and well presented I enjoyed that :D Thanks for sharing it here.

Heres to many more for you :beerjug: :clap

That looked brilliant :thumb2

Great balance of riding and doing things with Skye..... I don't think she will ever forget that holiday...... good on you !!! :)

Great ride report looked a top trip. Just sat with a bottle of white planning my next years Alps trip.
Superb photo's, it was nice to see you had good weather at the top of Stelvio. When we went over at the end of July it was 1 degree and snowing

:)

Great report

Just found your report and loved it.Your photographs spoke for themselves which I thought was a brilliant idea.
Sorry to read about your mum she would have been proud of you I am sure.
Look forward to reading of your trip next year.

what a superbly put together RR:clap:clap:clap

your right lifes to short and if poss we should all do more of this:beerjug:

thanks for sharing:)

Great write-up and layout. Looks like a brilliant trip. Thanks for sharing.

Iain, good read and very well put together. As a bit of a computer numby can I ask what software you used to pull the presentation together. Cheers.

Iain, good read and very well put together. As a bit of a computer numby can I ask what software you used to pull the presentation together. Cheers.

Sorry for late reply but just noticed your post. Thanks for the comments :thumb

The Photos were uploaded to my ipad and then I used the iiPad version of iWork Keynote to create the presentation. On our return home this was then transferred to my Desktop and I finished off the presentation using my desktop version of Keynote. Keynote allowed me to export the presentation as a Movie, individual Jpegs of each slide, and a PDF document.

The photos displayed in this thread were the individual Jpegs of each slide which I imported into iPhoto and then exported from within iPhoto directly to Photobucket. These were then linked to my post using the "img" tags provided for each individual photo in Photobucket.

Using iPhoto I can easily view any of the slides using an iPhone, iPad or Touch. I can also watch the movie of the presentation using an iPhone, iPad or Touch

I also used the PDF version of my Presentation to get a booklet of our trip published.

file-20.jpg

Just picked this report up! Super report and format! Excellent well done!:aidan

Like the poster before me just read the report great format, incredible journey, and as you say memories to last a lifetime.

I know how hard it can be to travel with Children having taken my then 11 year old Son on a trip around southern england for 4 days, how you keep them entertained for a month is another matter.

Great report very inspirational.

Dave

Fab ride report! I'm from Airdrie ,just up the road from you and I've been thinking of planning a trip similar to this. Great info, well presented and clearly well worth the effort. Hpe mine is half as good!

Skyenet

Brilliant trip. I know how much time you must have taken to put it all together.The booklet idea is excellent , your daughter will always remember trips with Dad. What a really good show and tell offering for My School Holidays for her. Love the presentation. Showed Mrs B , she immediately stared me down, you can not afford apple computer and ipad even if your daughters have left home::(:augie

Fab ride report! I'm from Airdrie ,just up the road from you and I've been thinking of planning a trip similar to this. Great info, well presented and clearly well worth the effort. Hpe mine is half as good!

Your more than welcome to borrow maps and guides we used during the trip :thumb

Back
Top Bottom