09.2010 Iran

Mate your are not going to believe this but thats the village i went
to the wedding in, do you see the two kids in the foto, they where the
two kids that where playing with a baby chick in that very room you had dinner in,
and their mother was making a carpet in the corner of the room. What a small
world.... Margus once again fantastic foto's , when you get back is there any chance
of buying a few blown up prints ?

Joe,

Small world indeed!

No prob with the photos mate - your travels have inspired me on doing what I do now, so I might as well return the favor. :thumb

Ride safe,
Margus

I need a lesson in photography ...

There was no water flowing under the bridge last year Margus.

Keep the photographs and reports coming please :thumb
:beerjug:

Attachments

• P1000624.jpg
    P1000624.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 277
Stunning as ever. I really do love the Islamic world and this has made me pine for the deserts again. Such truly cosmic architecture.

Iran must be much easier when you don't trqavel on a UK passport. Most of ther Iranians I've met believe that Britain is the great meddler in the Middle Eest and that the Americans just do what we tell them to!

I can smell that Iranian rice too. Just can't cook it at home the same.

Enjoy the Emirates and get a trip across to Muscat in Oman to cool off a bit. The UAE is a very private society although it looks quite international from the poutside. If you get any invitations consider it an even greater honour than usual. And take a minimum of 3 cups of Arabic coffee if offered. Then take it easy for an hour. DAMHIK.

A few photos from 20 years ago

Below are a few photos taken in Iran 20 years ago.
The first photo is of a cave around 2km into the desert from our guest house.
Temperature was over 50 degrees. I was just about to go in when I noticed a snake at the entrance. It is a sand snake. No antidote to the venom is available, & I nearly tramped on it. Look at the second photo. Immediately to the right hand side of my shadow is the snake, totally blending in with the sand.
Next 2 photos are of the Holy City Of Bam. This was destroyed in an earthquake 2 years ago.
A complete mud city 2200 years old.

Next is the Perspoilis.
A not to miss for anyone going to Iran. Built By King Darius, then by Xerces around 550BC & sacked by Alexander the Great.

For anyone thinking of going to Iran, these are not to miss sites.

Myke

Attachments

• Snake4.jpg
    Snake4.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Snake5.jpg
    Snake5.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Bam before earthquake1.jpg
    Bam before earthquake1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Bam before earthquake2.jpg
    Bam before earthquake2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 230
  • Persopilis1.jpg
    Persopilis1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 222
Stunning pictures and a great report .. thank you for sharing it all with us ! Brilliant.

Hi
I am an Irainan that live in Yazd, I will very happy to talk with peoples from other countries. My Email is hrkamali@gmail.com
please send your emails to me and be friend with me
thx
bye byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Back
Top Bottom