dragon rally anyone?

Oopp north

are we travelling ooop north in convoy then?

Be a good experience for those who aint been abroad before! good practice for italy. Travel insurance a must in foriegn parts!.
Dave (toof ache)GS

So how many of us soft Southern types are heading up to the Dragon then?

I'm going to be leaving from down near Guildford on the G/S provided she agrees that it's a good idea. If anyone fancies sharing some of the journey, all the better :beerjug:

Dragon

So how many of us soft Southern types are heading up to the Dragon then?

I'm going to be leaving from down near Guildford on the G/S provided she agrees that it's a good idea. If anyone fancies sharing some of the journey, all the better :beerjug:

Have you booked a ticket? if not you've had it. If you have Paul (Nomad Biker) I are going so whatch this space.
dave GS

Yep, got my ticket, riding up on Thursday and staying 2 nights in a B&B in Betws enjoying riding around the locality for a while before meeting at the caravan for directions. Hope to meet up with other HexHeads on site to chew the fat and talk, guess what "Bikes, perhaps?"

First decent ride since owning my GS and greatly looking forward to it.

:thumb

Yep, got my ticket, riding up on Thursday and staying 2 nights in a B&B in Betws enjoying riding around the locality for a while before meeting at the caravan for directions. Hope to meet up with other HexHeads on site to chew the fat and talk, guess what "Bikes, perhaps?"

First decent ride since owning my GS and greatly looking forward to it.

:thumb

Good, we'll all meet up and put you through your intiation ceremoney into gs'es and this site, basically means you'll have to buy Nomad Biker his (small) tonic water and the rest of us pint's (a few of).
dave GS

Good, we'll all meet up and put you through your intiation ceremoney into gs'es and this site, basically means you'll have to buy Nomad Biker his (small) tonic water and the rest of us pint's (a few of).
dave GS
cheeky fecker, mines a pint...

Catering is minimal at the rally (i.e. take it or leave it; we're the only van so you'll have to pay our prices) so come suitably prepared.....

Yes I will ... I'll bring my own food and drink. With an attitude like that you can stuff your catering :pullface

Prices

Also staying locally on the Friday night is good as you can get there earlier on the Saturday...... the rally tends to get busy very early & arriving as soon as you can on the Saturday is definitely to be advised.

Catering is minimal at the rally (i.e. take it or leave it; we're the only van so you'll have to pay our prices) so come suitably prepared.....
So young frodo, do you have any examples of your prices, are they exceptionally good value or are they the opposite?do tell...
You say come suitably prepared, can you expand upon that please?atb Paul

If your wanting food i would advise to either bring snacks or make sure you got cooking facilities as the onsite food has been known not to even turn up. mars bar and a whiskey miniture with your dragon badge wont keep you very warm,,,,,cup a soups and pot noodles are your best bet.

we normally get a group curry going on the stoves and big minute rices.

fill your panniers with beer to make you sleep.

Dragon

Aint there any boozers near by?

Dragon

Dave (piss artist of this parish) GS

The Beer tent is open if there is a band on the saturday night, depending on the venue there maybe a local pub, its all part of the thing with the dragon you never know what your gonna get till you get to the control cabin.

Be prepaired for the worst and anything better is going to be a bonus.

I think this year will be very special as its the 50th and they are well sold out of tickets so it should be great.

If you cant get a ticket but know someone who is going, it is possible to pay to enter at the control cabin but you wont get a ticket for the dragon badge. you only get the access to camp.

I think this year will be very special as its the 50th and they are well sold out of tickets so it should be great.

I hope so ... but I'm not holding my breath. Really don't see much in the 'marketing' that makes this, the 50th, any different :nenau

Similar crap site, shunted about looking for somewhere that will take 'us'
Crap facilities
Crap catering
But we keep going because the Conwy MCC do a great job...
This will be my last for lots of reasons ...

:beerjug:

So young frodo, do you have any examples of your prices, are they exceptionally good value or are they the opposite?do tell...
You say come suitably prepared, can you expand upon that please?atb Paul

Frodo is not a signed up member of UKGSer so motives here, in my book, are suspect :eek:

Come suitably prepared, again in my book, means with a wad of cash in your pocket or your with your own food and survival facilities ....

No problem ... sorted ;)

Back
Top Bottom