dragon rally anyone?

righty o

All the kent jesses, do you fancy meeting at clackett lane services on saturday morning early for the blast up?tbc
theres me, Dane and Dave so far.Paul

Meeting

I was going to suggest this as it would seem to be on the way for a few of us
but DON'T rely on buying petrol here as it used to be tghe most expensive in thwe country. I suggest we meet around the back in the car park bit more space than in the petrol bit. And of course WHAT TIME? we'll both be at the curry night on 3rd feb. ("Pauly" and me)
Dave GS (after that reckon I'll be left behind!)

yep...

Dave is right, as per most motorway services, buy fuel elsewhere.
How about 8.30 am for an expensive coffee, then leave at 9.00?

Meeting

Great Idea, mines black with one sugar.
Dave GS

Have a good trip oop norf you guys .... and don't forget it's a top coat colder up here than what you're used to ;)

See you at The Dragon :thumb

:beerjug:

Frodo is not a signed up member of UKGSer so motives here, in my book, are suspect :eek:

Well Micky, I'm not yet a signed up member because I only joined a short while ago & have only posted a few times. I thought I'd see how friendly the natives were before taking the plunge, which, it seems may have been a good decision. Not wishing to derail this thread, I'd be interested to know why you think my motives are 'suspect'??

I was simply sharing my experience of attending several previous Dragon Rally's with other forum members, warning them to come 'self sufficient' for the event as the catering arrangements are minimal in comparison with most other rallys.

I'd also be interested to know if other (subscribed) forum members also feel the same way as Micky ??

Nomad Biker(Paul); I haven't noted the prices down from previous years, but I don't recall frequenting the burger van at previous Dragon's. This would have been because the food would have been priced higher than the norm I expect at rallys... When this happens I just refuse to buy from the van & fall back on the long-life stuff I always bring with me.

Catering is minimal at the rally (i.e. take it or leave it; we're the only van so you'll have to pay our prices) so come suitably prepared.....

I haven't noted the prices down from previous years, but I don't recall frequenting the burger van at previous Dragon's. This would have been because the food would have been priced higher than the norm I expect at rallys... When this happens I just refuse to buy from the van & fall back on the long-life stuff I always bring with me.

Frodo chap, so are you manning the burger man van or not? :augie I think Micky rather got the impression that you were...

Frodo chap, so are you manning the burger man van or not? :augie I think Micky rather got the impression that you were...
No chance ! My weekends are for biking..
Although I might end up cooking up some communal curry / chilli / gluhwein for a few mates........

Well Micky, I'm not yet a signed up member because I only joined a short while ago & have only posted a few times. I thought I'd see how friendly the natives were before taking the plunge, which, it seems may have been a good decision. Not wishing to derail this thread, I'd be interested to know why you think my motives are 'suspect'??

I was simply sharing my experience of attending several previous Dragon Rally's with other forum members, warning them to come 'self sufficient' for the event as the catering arrangements are minimal in comparison with most other rallys.
I'd also be interested to know if other (subscribed) forum members also feel the same way as Micky ??

Nomad Biker(Paul); I haven't noted the prices down from previous years, but I don't recall frequenting the burger van at previous Dragon's. This would have been because the food would have been priced higher than the norm I expect at rallys... When this happens I just refuse to buy from the van & fall back on the long-life stuff I always bring with me.
well done thanks for that,Paul

Dragon

Frodo, no one was having a dig at you but from reading your first post it looked like it was your burger van the way you stated it rather than quoting the burger van's owners. This would seem to be the usual attutde of all shows / rallys caterers "you don't like it, tough!", anyway we are comming self contained and look forward to seeing you there.
dave GS

I must admit

Frodo, no one was having a dig at you but from reading your first post it looked like it was your burger van the way you stated it rather than quoting the burger van's owners. This would seem to be the usual attutde of all shows / rallys caterers "you don't like it, tough!", anyway we are comming self contained and look forward to seeing you there.
dave GS
It came across to me like that too.BUt no matter,me Davey, and Dane are self sufficient, and not a burger in sight.

Dragon

We are relying on nomad "Jamie Oliver" above to sort out a menu!, briiliant job at the last camp out so we all have great hopes!.
Dave GS.

Frodo ... I rather got the impression from your post (as others above) that it was your burger van, you were selling the burgers at whatever price you want because you have the sole contract to be there ... the punters could take it or leave it :eek:

You're not a signed up member and haven't posted much, yet pop up telling us you're selling there and we can take it or leave it ... sounded to me like a vested interest :eek:

It appears that I was wrong so I do apologise :thumb

....but I still wont be buying from the burger van ;)

Have a great Dragon :thumb

I'll be careful how I phrase things in future :( must stop posting when I've sniffed a glass of shandy.

Have a good Dragon & might bump into you there !

I'll be careful how I phrase things in future :( must stop posting when I've sniffed a glass of shandy.

Have a good Dragon & might bump into you there !

I must admit to having had a glass or two misen :beer:

I'll be the little old man limping around with my Elefantentreffen woolly hat on, supported by a couple of bodyguards aka 'sons'

Find me and I'll buy you a pint :thumb

Photo of said sons taken on the 1992 Dragon :thumb

Attachments

• Dragon Rally 1992.jpg
    Dragon Rally 1992.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 156
Find me and I'll buy you a pint :thumb:

Will do !

Just received the 'directions to control' letter in this morning's post. Should arrive fairly early as control is only a few miles up the road from the bunkhouse we're staying in on the Friday night :thumb2

Will do !

Just received the 'directions to control' letter in this morning's post. Should arrive fairly early as control is only a few miles up the road from the bunkhouse we're staying in on the Friday night :thumb2

That`s me and you the old fella`s buying a beer for.....hint hint....don`t forget, Micky. ;) :beer:

Yup...got my 'directions' today too.

A "New Site" eh ??
Velly interlesting.....
A site that they don`t want the owners getting upset about anything and that has a power cable running through it.
HT pylon perchance ?
Don`t camp anywhere near that if it is:eek

That`s me and you the old fella`s buying a beer for.....hint hint....don`t forget, Micky. ;) :beer:

Yup...got my 'directions' today too.

A "New Site" eh ??
Velly interlesting.....

It'll be my pleasure to buy you a pint Steve :beer:

A new site eh :thumb

Good stuff, got the directions to control today, must remember to bring a kite..:blast

So anyone heading up from or past Guildford? Quite happy to travel alone, but always good fun to share a trip. Unless you're :loopy of course :D Let me know if you fancy it, otherwise I look forward to meeting some of you there :thumb

Back
Top Bottom