dragon rally anyone?

Capel Curig

I must admit to having had a glass or two misen :beer:

I'll be the little old man limping around with my Elefantentreffen woolly hat on, supported by a couple of bodyguards aka 'sons'

Find me and I'll buy you a pint :thumb

Photo of said sons taken on the 1992 Dragon :thumb

:beerjug:

That Capel Curig campsite on the main A5 can be a bear:aidan
Good job it's on the way into Beddgelert this year. Bet it's the same field as 2008 I think it was and Sunday was a bright frosty sunny morning Only minus 9 overnight:aidan:eek:

Good job it's on the way into Beddgelert this year. Bet it's the same field as 2008 I think it was and Sunday was a bright frosty sunny morning Only minus 9 overnight:aidan:eek:

Yes I remember that one, good site, shirt sleeves Saturday afternoon, hard frost early Sunday morning. Son Laughingas on here took his outfit below.

No fires allowed young man :rob

So Micky is buying the beer :bounce1

:eek: :beer: :thumb

Hope to see you there Kenny :thumb

Attachments

• Early morning Merlin.jpg
    Early morning Merlin.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 149
Southern jesse parade

Meet @ Clackett lane services arrive 830 ish for 9 am kick off on saturday morning.Near to the restaurant and the bogs.Paul

Will do !

Just received the 'directions to control' letter in this morning's post. Should arrive fairly early as control is only a few miles up the road from the bunkhouse we're staying in on the Friday night :thumb2

Not long now, just cooked up a batch of gluhwein for the weekend. Find me & grab a cupful (unless it's all gone :beerjug:). I'll be on a red 1150 RT with a tosser tent next to it :Motomartin

Bunkhouse?!!!!!

Where are you lot from? we are suppose to be southern jessies!, plenty of frost, luverly grub! Bedgelate a few years ago at the Rhino was 15degrees of frost, looked like Stalingrad without the war!.

Decided against riding 50miles in the wrong direction to meet you nice folk in Kent, but hopefully will bump into some of you there if not on the way.

Mines the G/S with TW@T on the back, you'll know if you see it.

Saw a few tossers, sidecars and other loaded up GS's on the M6 today, on their way no doubt.

Safe trip up anyway chaps :beerjug:

Sandra (aka Blondie) and I will be there as usual. We'll be easy to find as there aren't that many women at the rally :)

See you all tomorrow.

Dave and Sandra

Well its like this

Decided against riding 50miles in the wrong direction to meet you nice folk in Kent, but hopefully will bump into some of you there if not on the way.

Mines the G/S with TW@T on the back, you'll know if you see it.

Saw a few tossers, sidecars and other loaded up GS's on the M6 today, on their way no doubt.

Safe trip up anyway chaps :beerjug:
i'll be the one in the cossack hat....

@Nomad was it you chaps I saw at the Telford services earlier, with a yellow 1150?

That was us, eating that delacacy of a cheese burger which seem to have shrunk a bit over the years! (bu6t not the price!).
Dave GS

Well its like this

We had a splendid ride up there, with blue skies most of the way, a totally enjoyable ride, the bike was just loving snowdonia national park.
A truly eventful ride on the way back with "indestructable dave" dropping his bike in the cafe car park at zero mph,and an 80 mph off in the fast lane of the M25.:blast
The bike had a sore arse by the time i picked it up from the fast lane with a feck off big hole in the rocker box, and daves underpants and oil all over the fast lane.
The tourashed pannier had parted company, but to be fair was in one bit.
A vivid memory was Dave up off the floor, after a 100 yd slide on his arse having words with the dickhead in front who slammed his brakes on.
A true Hero,this man is the definition of HARDCORE.
The bike was recovered by RAC after a wait, and we even got the petrol stove out and sparked it up under the motorway bridge to keep warm, cos it was freezin, and we both had hypothermia and were shakin big time.Twas fun though..atb Paul
ps anyone got a left hand rocker box for a single spark?
contact indestructable Davegs.

Attachments

• P1010343ver_2.jpg
    P1010343ver_2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 74
  • p1010349ver_2.jpg
    p1010349ver_2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010333ver_2.jpg
    P1010333ver_2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010353ver_2.jpg
    P1010353ver_2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010354ver_2.jpg
    P1010354ver_2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 73
Sorry to hear about Davegs's off. Hope all's alright with him and, with time, the bike too.

Still can't believe how good the roads were there :bow The G/S loved it, overtook a blue R1 or something similar as well which was amusing :augie :D

Only to get overtaken by a Micra pulling well over a ton on the M40 :eek:

Good times :beerjug:

Bit gutted not to get a badge mind, if anyone doesn't want theirs, hit me up....

Piccies

Hope you all noticed me in the red jacket the badge above the dutch bmw club badge my Starfleet Badge, only tosser to also be a member of starfleet!.

Sounds like a very lucky outcome to a potentially very nasty accident! Your guardian angel must have been on duty that day.

Back
Top Bottom