JTS Motorcycle Clothing

MikeO

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have long been an advocate of JTS, familiar to many of you as suppliers, via huge stands at Bike Shows & race meetings, of budget clothing. Over the years I've bought at least 3 jackets, a couple of pairs of trousers and half a dozen pairs of gloves. Generally speaking, I've been very impressed with the fit & quality.

But....

A week or so before I went to Germany in September, I bought a jacket from JTS at Cadwell Park. As usual, the fit was fine and the 'build quality' seemed robust. Whilst in Germany, I had the misfortune to throw myself at the tarmac at about 15mph. Although prepared for some scuffing to the jacket (as I had to my armoured jeans - top kit!), I was shocked to see the extent of the damage. The attached photo shows how the stitching has come undone across the side of the jacket, as well as more than halfway around the sleeve. The material had not torn.

I sent the jacket back to JTS on my return. Their response disappointed me, to say the least. They said that the jacket would have been written off in any accident. like a crash helmet. Okay, I said, but surely it shouldn't come apart like it did. Reply 'Irrelevant'.
So, I asked, has the jacket performed as you would expect it to?
Reply 'Irrelevant'
What would have happened if I'd had a high speed get-off?
Reply 'If you want protection, you should buy leathers'.

Seeing this conversation was not going anywhere, I asked to speak to the boss. I already was!

I leave you to decide as to whether you wish to give JTS any further custom.....

MikeO:mad:

Attachments

• banned.gif
    banned.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,743
That was the damage after a 15mph get off??? I would expect the jacket to have survived a lot better than that at that speed.

Simple answer is not to buy JTS own brand jackets in the future. Their response to your query is also a public relations own goal.

Bob

leathers

Well some people live with the times and upgrade to the goretex ultralite/waterproof/bulletproof garments but I have been brought up with leathers and still love the smell and feel when I put them on. Sure they can get you wet and cold sometimes but they hardly ever fail you on a fall. I flipped a 750 suzuki forwards at about 60mph into the bushes,stones gravel and manage to get up with not a scratch on my skin. Broke 2 ribs and vertebra's on impact when the bike fell on me but not a drop of blood. The leathers strangely still looked like new after I cleaned them and treated them to some dubbin.

Still Mike I will definetely not support JTS after seeying that garment and thanks for reminding me why I wear those heavy leather garments.

Cheers
:gringo

Re: leathers

maverick said:
thanks for reminding me why I wear those heavy leather garments.

Of course, the material didn't fail, just the stitching. And all leathers are stitched together....

MikeO:p

Mike,

If that doesn't qualify for 'not fit for the purpose for which it was intended' Sale of Goods Act (blah, blah, blah) then I'm afraid I don't know what the foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kilo does. Mind you another friend had an 'off' last week and the plams of his £140 gloves disintegrated on impact - Heine Gericke told him he was "unlucky", knowing Mark the way I know him that will not be the end f the matter - I'm kind of thinking the same goes with you too Mike?

Back
Top Bottom