Al Jess Lookalikes

panniers

Hi Vern ... well i'm also interested in the panniers, i've got an adventure.

Don't like the adv panniers..too wide and the Jesse are too expensive..cos i'm poor now.

So whats the SP then? ...same questions as everone else really ...when likely to be avcailable? .. rough cost?

Regards

I saw the pic of the exhaust and wondered who made it!
But the question is what price? AND
Can you share any more info on the suspension please.
TIA

Already got Jesse panniers but tell us more about the suspension units.

I'm staying stumm on the suspension, so you'll just have to wait. It's hard to fix a price on anything yet, as I'm still trying to source parts (I think I might have found some good quality locks after just five weeks of looking !!!!) I hope to have some offering together in a few weeks time, but the panniers need lots of thinking about, so they can be made in ANY SIZE you want, not what size I decide, like all the other makers do. I'll keep you all up to date with my progress, but I have to fit it all in around a busy workshop, so I just have to be patient and not resort to violence just yet.
TTFN
Vern (Nodding donkey developments)

New gear

Andy,
What about some easy to fit , strong,good quality , reasonable priced cylinder head protectors ?

Steady Eddie

Having punted holes in quite a few rocker covers, I was going to have a go at knocking some up out of 6mm ally, 'spose I better do some now that you've asked, watch this space. I found some ace locking catches today, but I couldn't decide which were best, so I'll offer a choice. I'm hoping to have a finished pannier tomorrow, so I'll try and get it on the web at the weekend for you all to look at. Keep the suggestions coming.
TTFN

Vern

Have you seen the Stanton Head Protectors that JohnnyBoxer referred in his posting (on this site) ?

That''s the kind of thing for which I reckon there's a market !!

Al

OK folks, as promised, I managed to get one pannier finished, and get some pics on the site for you to look at and comment on. The box is 21 ins long 11 ins wide and about 20 tall, and EACH box is 66Ltrs, and they're still 3ins narrower than the poxy BMW plastic things. I still haven't fixed a price, next week with luck, and I haven't finalised the options that I hope to offer. Basically, you should be able to have whatever size boxes you want, as long as they maintain the same basic profiles, I'll do some drawings to explain better next week. I will also have to make some with a cut out for the exhaust, as I can't see you all wanting to buy one of my pipes as well, although I might offer a kit to fit both at the same time. The boxes can be left plain ally, powder coated whatever colour you want or anodised almost any colour. Keep an eye on this page, and let me know your comments.
Now have a look at this! Click Here

If I have missed the detail on the exhaust, apologies, but can you shed some more light please.
TIA

I started to make the other pannier today, I knew I should have made a drawing or something, It would have made life a lot easier than trying to remember how I made the last one, and this one is inside out, or opposite, or upside down or something. Hopefully I should have a set on the donkey by the weekend, so you'll have a better idea of what they're all about. I spent all day Sunday in the garage trying to figure out how to mount them to the bike, and so far sticky tape is the clear winner (that was when the beer came into play!!). I'm not going to offer any kind of guarantee on any thing I make, because guarantee's are for people who make crap products, and these are far from that, so there

protec .bars.

just a querey,, what about making up a set of engine&tank protection bars just like the hepco&becker type item,, and now when iam @it what kind of money are we lookin @ for ur complete kit; pipe&boxes or how about puttin a price together for my wish list above,,pipe boxes &bars ,,urs the civil one

vern just put me on the list for a pair of these delicious looking panniers you at first sight are an engineer of amazing skills..
by the way where are you as i am working in the birmingham area in december would like to see them in the flesh?? cheers dude regards slimbo

I have at last got the first set of panniers on the donkey, after much head scratching and skint knuckles. I made the first set as big as possible, to give you as many options as you want regarding size (I'm not saying these are big, but when I opened one this morning, it was raining inside!!!!) I hope to have a price worked out next week sometime, so just bear with me. We'll have to meet up somewhere so you can all see them in the flesh. I hate to leave you all now, but I've got to go to France tomorrow, Ho Hum, hard life. Watch this space.

Andy

Have fun in France. When you return would you knock me up a Britney Spears lookalike please? About six foot tall in school uniform should be ok.

Squidbrain

Why the hell didn't you tell me you wanted a six foot Britany Spheres, I only made one for a bloke last week, and I threw all the templates away afterwards, the same thing happened with the kylie Mingelow limbo dancer I made. I have now decided not to make anymore humanoid replicas, but anything else is fair game. I was told today that the adventure panniers are 42ins wide, and from what I've seen of them, they ain't up to much. The pair I've got on the donkey at the moment are having a really hard time, I haven't managed to scrape them on the road yet, despite going off both sides of the tyre (in the wet as well) and they never let a drop of water in either. watch this space and they might be on the sight tomorrow.TTFN

Hey Andy,do you think you could Knock up a h/light and oil cooler guard like the one from cbt imports for the 1150.?

Back
Top Bottom