Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GS'ing the Kingdom - Touratoad Style....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

GS'ing the Kingdom - Touratoad Style....

Started in a grey miserable Snowdonia on Thursday afternoon......

And a trip to our first stop with SamD

We found our hotel and hooked up with Mr K who had elected to join us for an evening of drinking enlightening discussion

2008 R1200GSA
    "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much" Oscar Wilde
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Looking forward to Friday morning pic's

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

No pictures of the evening survived, but a good time was had by all.....

A chilly morning greeted us, and so when fully fuelled with a Welsh Breakfast, we assembled for the off.

Snowdonia was her usual beautiful self wrapped in a blanket of cloud.

And we crossed the bridge in to Anglesey.....

2008 R1200GSA
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"Albert Einstein
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius, and a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction."Albert Einstein

Our trip over the Irish Sea was excellent except for one major element.

We were on a midday ferry from Holyhead to Dublin, and so we'd planned to have a quick bite on the ferry before heading out to Killarney.

The food on Irish Ferries was a fecking rip-off, and poor quality as well. 12 Euro for a fecking bowl of microwaved Irish Stew? Not for me 7 Euro for a Panini

Get your act together Irish Ferries - it's a fecking disgrace.
    2008 R1200GSA

Just remembered that there is another camera with pictures on, so I'll upload those before carrying on......
    2008 R1200GSA

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Our trip over the Irish Sea was excellent except for one major element.

We were on a midday ferry from Holyhead to Dublin, and so we'd planned to have a quick bite on the ferry before heading out to Killarney.

The food on Irish Ferries was a fecking rip-off, and poor quality as well. 12 Euro for a fecking bowl of microwaved Irish Stew? Not for me 7 Euro for a Panini

Get your act together Irish Ferries - it's a fecking disgrace.
    Didn't hear many Irish accents from the crew.

"Do you vant to pay in Schterlings?"

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Hurry up

A couple from Friday Night......

2008 R1200GSA

Watching the view come out of the darkness from our bedroom on Saturday morning was really something special.....

The view at breakfast was less appealing.....

2008 R1200GSA

Preparations were made for departure....

2008 R1200GSA

We headed out ourselves...

Weather was crap....

2008 R1200GSA

We went to the beach..

Nothing else happened on the beach............
    2008 R1200GSA

paul1961
    Some very nice photos here, however the friday night shirt is just wrong

So we headed off for our next stop..

We also stopped at the South Pole Inn.....

And quick as a flash, Kev felt the need to pray....

We were joined by a variety of animal friends...

And after some quick refreshment in the pub, we headed off again....

The petrol forecourt racing was a hoot.....

2008 R1200GSA

And on the way in to Dingle we hit major traffic.....

The boats in Dingle harbour seemed to be all on the piss....

We did the onlt decent thing in the circumstances and stopped for Fish and Chips..........

2008 R1200GSA

Back on the road, we continued to battle with the unrelenting weather...

Some of the road conditions were unexpected. Cobbles, polished by the stream in the middle of a hairpin bend

2008 R1200GSA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast