Irish economy troubles on BBC Radio 4 now...

And the Portuguese finance minister just announced he sees a "high risk" that Portugal will need foreign aid.

Evan davis on the Today prog this AM suggesting that one option (and maybe the best one for the Irish taxpayer) might be to sort the banks out themselves, but default on the bond repayments.

Given the already severe austerity measures in ireland its getting harder to see how their government can put the squeeze on any more as they would have to if there is an IMF/EU bail-out.

Given the already severe austerity measures in ireland its getting harder to see how their government can put the squeeze on any more as they would have to if there is an IMF/EU bail-out.

can resolve it quite easily .. sell Ireland to the Chinese :aidan

All week end , the pundits have the Irish looking to the IMF ,
The Ministers say , absolutely not . We are solvent till mid 11 ,
the whole story sounds similar to the Greeks ,just before they went
looking for a Bail out.
I cant see a problem with the Govt , looking to find out whats involved in
the bail out process, its an option and as such should be examined..
I remember some time ago , much to my entertainment
reading in one of the Papers , that the only experiance in business dealings
any of the current minsterial mob had was , one ran a Walking holidays
company , and one ran a bicycle rental company..
Its just dawned on me that we may well have the most incompetant {but best paid }
ministerial mob , in Europe ....
I reckon we need some major business players in place
O,Leary , Walshe , to name the only ones that come to mind,,
Some group that have the capacity to get us outa this mess....

Could you imagine the rumblings in the public service if they
had to beat to the O.Leary tune , or walshe,s whip ,,,,

I was thinkin of runnin for the Dail meysell , i reckon i could be doin wey a good pension ,,,,,,,

I was thinkin of runnin for the Dail meysell , i reckon i could be doin wey a good pension ,,,,,,,

:jes:jes:jes:jes

I'd vote for ya :thumb2
Go on civil put yer good self forward for the craic...sure isnt there a wee
seat up for grabs not to far away from yerself...can just see yer aul bog head
on The Late, Late Show... Gaybo might even coming out of retirement to
interview a man such as your Holiness...

sure I read it somewhere that the cost of bailing out the member state suffering coz of the duff euro economic model was just about the same amount as the EU itself costs member states....

2 birds with one stone....all those eurocrats gone and rescue PIIGS in one go!

just a thought!:augie

(yeah, I know, all pigs fed and ready to fly:D)

.can just see yer aul bog head

Here , ye wee BAllicks , your just Jealous ,cos yer wan ,
Shiela from nwod under wanted to seduce mey ,
Cos she reckoned ,, mey ""Oul Bog Head" was irresistable ..........

Jealousy , is fatal . Just cos your an Ugly C**T , dont go gettting
all uppity on me ..

I was in Dublin airport on Friday working on the new Terminal 2 that is due to open this Friday.

Some of the Irish lads working there seemed very downbeat because once the work dries up at the Airport, their companies and jobs are probably going to the wall.

A shame as the airport terminal building really looks fantastic but as one guy put it : " A billion Euro to build a terminal nobody can afford to come to".

Not good at all. :(

All this dithering .. why won't you lot take the £70Bn handout and let the money markets stabilize .. FTSE is off 133 points today :eek: and the UK contibution is a mere £12Bn as if we can afford it :rolleyes:

Why aren't we seeing queues on TV news for Free Cheese :augie

_49996737_cheesetv.jpg

Ireland began handing out free cheese this week to those most in need, in a scheme funded by the EU. As the age of austerity starts to bite, more than 50 tonnes of white cheddar is being distributed to poor people in the run-up to Christmas.

"un-brie-lievable" :D

Here , ye wee BAllicks , your just Jealous ,cos yer wan ,
Shiela from nwod under wanted to seduce mey ,
Cos she reckoned ,, mey ""Oul Bog Head" was irresistable ..........

Jealousy , is fatal . Just cos your an Ugly C**T , dont go gettting
all uppity on me ..

Jaysus Civil you'd make a great Teachta Dála your
living in fantasy land already........:aidan:aidan:aidan

Here did I hit a nerve ???
Have I found aul civil's achilles heel ???
Would vanity be your wee chink in the armour...
Can just picture your aul bog head taking up half the mirror
and asking poor Billie "does me bum look big in these"
Lads Dorian Gray is alive and well, and living in the hills...

:jes:jes:jes:jes:jes

BOOKISH

Nobody goin' to beat you at the book stuff, Joe, only readers of Oscar Wilde will interpret that.

i know i will sound like a prick......

but...

arriving in ireland ten years ago ..... jesus this country is on the way up!!!
few months later - this does not make sense, everything is too expensive and nobody does give a f...... well maybe this is the way it is and this is the place in the world to live in.
Changed few apartments and finally got rented house in a beauty estate that no public transport goes too.. OK, little expensive but ok (still many people laugh at me that i don't want to buy my own).
still don't wan't to sound like a prick but i have keept renting and eventually convince my landlord to sell the house i was livin in (i got the notice to moove out) but he made around 150K on it....... and i mooved elsware.
stiill 95percent of my friends told me i'm nuts to keep renting, i even got a morgage quote i should not get for my pay but i got it !!!!
Everything that have surrounded me and adviced me told me to get a ****ing big sac of money from a bank to get a overpriced house.......
Till this day many people tell me i'm nuts and that i still have no house...... are the people still convince they have done it right, and why i have to part share in paying for all this shit??

why this paridise on cold island that have invited me turns from the tiger that it was to a sloppy slop where the people got cought and have no way out even if they want to ?? why all these brain-disabled people still running this land and no one protesting?? Are we all so PC now??

the depressed one.

but...

few months later - this does not make sense, everything is too expensive and nobody does give a f...... well maybe this is the way it is and this is the place in the world to live in.
Changed few apartments and finally got rented house in a beauty estate that no public transport goes too.. OK, little expensive but ok (still many people laugh at me that i don't want to buy my own).
still don't wan't to sound like a prick but i have keept renting and eventually convince my landlord to sell the house i was livin in (i got the notice to moove out) but he made around 150K on it....... and i mooved elsware.
stiill 95percent of my friends told me i'm nuts to keep renting, i even got a morgage quote i should not get for my pay but i got it !!!!
Everything that have surrounded me and adviced me told me to get a ****ing big sac of money from a bank to get a overpriced house.......
Till this day many people tell me i'm nuts and that i still have no house...... are the people still convince they have done it right, and why i have to part share in paying for all this shit??

why this paridise on cold island that have invited me turns from the tiger that it was to a sloppy slop where the people got cought and have no way out even if they want to ?? why all these brain-disabled people still running this land and no one protesting?? Are we all so PC now??

the depressed one.

sounds like you followed your instinct. Good for you. Brain-disabled, Ha I like that one, I might use it at work, lots of them out there.

but...

the depressed one.

Good honest post :thumb2

Why are the brain-disabled still running the show ???
I have no idea...
But i bet on a far distant cloud
Poor aul Connolly is spinning on his chair,
while the Welsh Wizard and the Dublin QC
are pissin themself's laughin...

run a country, couldnt run the lenght of themself's

Back
Top Bottom