brakes wee tip

boatman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After the brakes on my gsa 1200 seized twice (front) first time i did usuall stuff with copaslip still seized !!!!!!! after it happened the second time i had a good look at the discs n the caliper and concluded that the tolerance beteeen the pads n the caliper was too tight so i ground a wee bit of the ends of the pads .Built it back up n it did all last winter n is still going ok
chust thought that wee tip micht save somebody a bit of hassle :beerjug:

After the brakes on my gsa 1200 seized twice (front) first time i did usuall stuff with copaslip still seized !!!!!!! after it happened the second time i had a good look at the discs n the caliper and concluded that the tolerance beteeen the pads n the caliper was too tight so i ground a wee bit of the ends of the pads .Built it back up n it did all last winter n is still going ok

I love it that people are good with precision machinery.....I'm only proficient in the use of sledge hammers....:D

naething wrong wi hammers main part :augie o many an good engineers toolkit could no imagine buildin oor wee ships wiout a selection of (kilmarnock screwdrivers)

:thumb2 Also applies to 1150's with Evo brakes. I just filed the end tabs down a bit to reduce the overall length.

:thumb2

A Technician at BMW Bishopbriggs passed on that tip to me at my 600 mile service and after following it, I have had no problems over the last 3 years :thumb

Not sure what the best tip is to stop disks warping though :augie

just a wee light grind and a tidy with a file on the whole length on each end:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom