Trip home today

Merv

Reaction score
Had to go home today due to bereavement so left Glasgow this morn at 8.30 in the frost,-4 near ayr then it cleared up near Girvan,stopped here near Cairnryan to book the boat,lovely little spot at the start of the climbing lane about 3-4 miles out side Cairnryan.Used Stena today as the timing suited me better and must say that after a year travelling with P and O the stena boat is much better finished inside !:aidan

Attachments

• today 003.jpg
    today 003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 317
  • today 002.jpg
    today 002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 318
  • today 001.jpg
    today 001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 319
Dont mind riding in winter myself,met 5 bikes before i was climbing the 77 out of town,had the bike put away for the winter but changed my mind a few weeks ago so shes back commuting again,used my 1150 adv all last winter ,good experience and im a better rider for it:D

Sorry to hear of your bereavement, glad to hear you are not scared of riding the Winter.

I've been on bikes for 34 years and only missed 2 Winters due to stupidity.

I've had some of my best rides at this time of year and as long as you are carefull and use a bit of common sense all will probably be ok.

What is the zimmer frame at the back of the bike all about?

Raggi

Thats the pannier frames,see pict below,had some great trips into the highlands last winter,best aspect is the deserted roads and as you say being careful and a bit of common sense is all u need,some picts from last year also included

Attachments

• bike 030.jpg
    bike 030.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 178
  • scotland 078.jpg
    scotland 078.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 176
  • scotland 090.jpg
    scotland 090.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 175
  • scotland 101.jpg
    scotland 101.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 177
  • scotland 129.jpg
    scotland 129.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 174
Merv,that looks like the Laggan Dam and the road(A87) up above Loch Garry.
Great riding roads in both areas and nice and quiet at this time of year as you say.
Coast road down to Cairnryan is not a bad run either , just a pain about those bloody cameras !
Cheers
Dave the fish

those cameras dont catch bikes !!!!!!!!!defo. as i hail from these parts and have often partaken in some spirited :augie:augie riding on that stretch

those cameras are not a problem as they dont seem to register bikes
ps whats the fish connection is it dh

those cameras are not a problem as they dont seem to register bikes
ps whats the fish connection is it dh

Fish connection is that I worked for many years in the fish farming industry, I now operate workboats and service the industry and anyone else who can use my services.
DH is my initials is that what you mean ?
Do I know you ?
DTF

I think we have met. and probably know a wide circle of the same folks
i built the Margaret Sinclair so that will probably tell you who i am .I had heard on the grape vine you had joined the german tractor brigade
if you enable your private message service we can have a bit o a yarn
:beerjug:

Ah! It must be Mr S N then
I appeared just behind you I think on the pier in Oban, as Ben mentioned you had just been up to the boat, that was a crackin day , trip back must have been a good one.
Right I will go and figure out how to enable this private message service, any clues how to do it ?
Cheers
Dave:thumb

thats the one:thumb2 as regards the pm service the control button is at the top right of the screen unless you have disabled it in your user profile:beerjug:

thats the one:thumb2 as regards the pm service the control button is at the top right of the screen unless you have disabled it in your user profile:beerjug:
Cant see it at the top of the page and also cant find anything in my user profile to show its disabled ?
Will keep looking and catch you again on here sometime soon as I need to turn in now.
All the best
Dave

Cant see it at the top of the page and also cant find anything in my user profile to show its disabled ?
Will keep looking and catch you again on here sometime soon as I need to turn in now.
All the best
Dave

Hi Dave, you need to subscribe to enable private messaging, £12 gets you a years subs.

Merv,that looks like the Laggan Dam and the road(A87) up above Loch Garry.
Great riding roads in both areas and nice and quiet at this time of year as you say.
Coast road down to Cairnryan is not a bad run either , just a pain about those bloody cameras !
Cheers
Dave the fish

Yer spot on Dave,its the A87 and the Laggan Dam,A86 past the Dam is also a great road and deserted at this time of the year and whilst you wouldnt be venturing out this wkend the winter weather can throw up plenty of oportunities to enjoy these roads,The road down to Cairnryan is my weekly commute weather permitting.looking like il be flying back this week:aidan

Back
Top Bottom