Snowrun 2010

I will peek my way through the fog and join Yonkyo at Aust :)

I have two routes planned, depending on conditions and numbers!
1. Main A roads with a splattering of B roads
and yes
2. Minor B-Roads with a splattering of A roads :augie

About it really, the first is 171 miles and the secound slightly longer :thumb2

Sounds good :thumb2

Just a tad foggy over this side of the bridge.
Should clear up a bit later I hope.

See y'all laters.
:thumb2

yep a brill ride , i managed to notch up 322 iles in total door to door..

and we found snow!! pleased to have met the brizzle posse!!

i do believe we have to do the same run in the summer ?

so you guys can see the scenery that you rode through in the fog/mist/rain/dark!!!:thumb

and not a bad route considering it was ad hoc!:blast

Great ride Slimbo. Last time I rode with you on a snow run... you had an argument with a sheep, if I recall....

A challenging ride today in wet conditions conditions. Great stuff :thumb2.

I had to leave you all at Cardigan, cos I had two urgent requests for my services at work and I needed to be at work by 18.00hrs. I heard you all contemplating Elan Valley and I that sounded like I'd never get home in time, so I departed. Fog was grim in places. Hope you all arrived back OK :thumb
1140776600_gpqpp-X2.jpg

What a days ride that was.:clap

left home at 8.30am and got back at 7.20pm. And I thoroughly enjoyed it (apart from the last couple of hours which were a bit gruelling, due me having to hold my dark tinted visor up, cause it wouldn’t stay up).

Thanks to Slimbo for great rout and leading at a good pace for the conditions.:bow And it was good to meet a few more faces from the Welsh massive.:thumb2

IMG_1521.jpg

This is a text I received this morning from Glen (Orange KTM), which sums the day up nicely:

Day 2 in the gsers ride out.
feeling knackered.
cannot understand what the feck went on yesterday.
where have I been.
who am I.
was I abducted by aliens.
It's been emotional.
Cheers glen.

:D

One of my highlights, yesterday, whilst a long way west, at tail end charlie position and whilst making good progress in a large group........ was being overtaken by an aggressive smart car.
F800GS, in front of me shook his head.
I blasted past the smart car, but he kept coming back like a dog with a bone.
He must have been revving the bollox off that engine, cos we weren't hanging around :)

One of my highlights, yesterday, whilst a long way west, at tail end charlie position and whilst making good progress in a large group........ was being overtaken by an aggressive smart car.
F800GS, in front of me shook his head.
I blasted past the smart car, but he kept coming back like a dog with a bone.
He must have been revving the bollox off that engine, cos we weren't hanging around :)

Yeah, i remember passing him. It must be the tin box equivalent to little man syndrome....little car syndrome.:comfort

Shame you had to shoot off early.....you missed the highlight off the day (er..night), when we rode down through snowy Elan Valley, through freezing fog and diesel soaked roads. :eek:

We gotta do it again....in the summer.

:thumb

Shame you had to shoot off early.....you missed the highlight off the day (er..night), when we rode down through snowy Elan Valley, through freezing fog and diesel soaked roads. :eek:

We gotta do it again....in the summer.

:thumb

I,m up for a summer run :D , never seen so much diesel on the road I think they must have been spreading diesel on the roads up there rather than salt :blast

Did the guy with the triumph make it back with out to many breakdowns ?

Glad you all had a good rideout :thumb2
Sorry I had to leave you at the bus station. At least you were in the capable hands of SVELT SLIMBO (where is our friend and what have you one with him? We want the original one back) cheers for stepping in Graham :thumb2
Chris(on the tiger) got back okay and spent yesterday spannering :D
Me, i spent a lot of it at the hossy :comfort

I was thinking more of a New Year ish ride out, may get more to turn up, now the snow has cleared :augie

forest biker

sound good , snows almost gone now my way, so if you do have a new year run im sure a few more from my way will show up to meet up with you all :thumb2

diesel?? i was crappin meself at nearly every turn the elan valley must have been running with the stuff!!!

just figured out how to grab the image of our epic route from Mapsource.
It was only a 308mile round trip from central Bristol:D
Capture.png

Back
Top Bottom