Trials bikes, information request please

Sounds like you are going to need to splash the cash and get yourself a CTi.
Other than the cost, that's definitely no bad thing.
I have grade 2 damage to my MCL and it's only my rugby players build that stops them being even more unstable. Gonna have to save up sometime tho methinks.
They are a godsend when your knees aren't up to the job....

It is something I am going to consider and will try to get the dozy biatch that T- boned me to pay for; I believe the CTI's are made to prescription only?

cheers

Adie

It is something I am going to consider and will try to get the dozy biatch that T- boned me to pay for; I believe the CTI's are made to prescription only?

cheers

Adie
No, they do off the shelf too (see http://www.ossurwebshop.co.uk/knee-braces/cat_8.html )but if none of them feel spot on you can pay through the nose for M2M. Worth it tho as it's something that should last a lifetime*....

(*=assuming you don't have a massive weight gain/loss)

Beta Rev 250 mate.
Missed out on that Gas Gas by 30 mins cos my van needed its cam belt changing.:blast

Enjoy...................nice bike

Just ask about the stator (if it's been done by Lampkin under warranty) - if not warranty may still be available if it goes

Lampkin also does a carb mod (to stop it pissing out petrol) as if it has been done

Apart from that all good

Enjoy...................nice bike

Just ask about the stator (if it's been done by Lampkin under warranty) - if not warranty may still be available if it goes

Lampkin also does a carb mod (to stop it pissing out petrol) as if it has been done

Apart from that all good
Cheers fella. Knew about the stator issue but not the carb. Will take a looksee tomorrow.:thumb2

Cheers fella. Knew about the stator issue but not the carb. Will take a looksee tomorrow.:thumb2

There's also a bit of an issue with the water pump housing on some bikes...

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums...54__hl__water+pump__fromsearch__1#entry211754

I've got two Betas (one for SWMBO) and they are lovely bikes to ride, very easy to learn on.

With regard to dodgy knees..... I've partially torn my ACL in my right knee, so riding the Beta with it's left hand kick is perfect. I also revisited my physio, told him I wanted to ride trials and got him to give me some exercises to build up the strength in the weaker knee....

Although to be honest, riding the 'easy route' shouldn't put your knee in any great danger as long as you're sensible.

As a replacement for a road bike, trials really is addictive and last year other than our holiday, I hardly used my road bike. It really is a fun and cheap sport full of very nice people.

:)

Jon

Carb is only a matter of bending the float tab slightly, both my Rev 3 and Denise's Sherco needed it doing. Some of the earlier (pre '05) models had a bad batch of waterpump casings, which became porous quickly.
Have had mine for over 12 months now, very happy with it.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom