Winter green laning on a GS in Leicestershire

Location of petrol Station

Me too.

Though I googled.
'the Petrol Station at the end of the Harborough by-pass' at 10 am and came up with this
= Petrol Stations & Forecourt Shops in Leicester > Malthurst A6 By Pass SSTN ... 01858546000. Melton Road, MARKET HARBOROUGH, LE16 7TH view on map ...
So assume this post code will get me to the garage.:nenau

I think the postcode they have published is a short way away. The petrol station I'm suggesting is actually on the main roundabout at the start/end of the bypass. There is also a MacDonalds on the same site.

Regards

Thanks for update

Great stuff :thumb looking forward to meet up, sounds like you have put some time and effort in so i shall be there. :bow

Surprised there ain't more body's joining us :nenau not often some one goes to the trouble of organizing i big bike meet in this neck of the woods :blagblah

don't worry ill write up about all the fun you missed :cool:

TKCs

Ive been running TKCs for the last year and found them to be fine on the road. Mind you a ain't exactly the get your knee down type. Also i found they are more stable at low speeds than road tyres which in some ways makes no sense :nenau only down side for me is mileage.

All this talk about TKC's is worrying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's me with my tourances.....:ymca

Oh well it'll be freezing innit?

I may tag along too if that's ok? Depends on how good a party it is I'm going to tonight! Got conti attacks on (!) but have ridden gartree road with no real probs. I may need to bow out of any really muddy sections.

you're welcome -

I have done a little recce today just to the entrances and exits of a couple of the tracks and they seem ok. The petrol station we're meeting at is the JET petrol station at the northern end of the Market Harborough by pass (A6).
See you there.

Hey, thanks for a great fun day out guys. That muddy field section has me thinking about TKC's though! Very 'entertaining'. By my reckoning, we all had horizontal moments 'cept Mike. Feel like I should have done the big ford now. I've been looking at trailwise - looks like there's quite a few more trails in that area..... or maybe the cotswolds?

Great day - now pooped!

Thank you all for joining me, certainly felt happier being out on some of those tracks with others around (just in case) - Looking forward to the next time. Nice to meet up with some like minded people and I think it was about right for all of us. 'Babble with TKCs' - probably will be the first GS up Everest. You did amazingly well with those 'slicks' on.

Regards

Going Home? reckon you have the wrong handle, ashamed to report that...... well I left first....:ymca
Whew, that was a bit ott for my skills errr tourances boys, what did I manage, 4 greenlanes and 3 offs. plus what around 4 river crossings we did before I gave up.

must be some sort of record.

Excellent scenery though, certainly wish I could have taken it all in during the rideout, however, both ankle and knee decided it was time to stop after my last off.

Although I planned to take a few photos, none were taken and no witnesses to my folly, as it seemed you others couldn't stand my screams long enough to stop and take some.:mmmm

Nice ride out though, and if other folk live in this area pls don't be shy, get in touch for the next ride out, though unless its dry I reckon you will need TKC's. (or were you all being diplomatic:blast)

I reckon 5 stars for this area and definately will do it again
Thanks and regards Flatdog

defo one for more investigation

Had a good day and looking forward to the next outing :thumb

I do think it was a bit much for road Tyres but babble mad it all look possible :comfort my bike had i lye down as i was so tied getting (failing) up that muddy hill :eek: flat dog I'm sure you went home at just the right time :aidan

hope to set a date with going home for the next exploration but road tyres for the mad or pro only :rob unless it all drys out :Motomartin

will try to post that ford video when i have some time.

watch this space.

Back
Top Bottom